Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About this map...
12-28-2013, 05:44 PM,
About this map...
The reference by Forrest that the poem was written by an architect was very revealing. I was shocked he said it, and many have tried to come to terms with it, as you are Sam.

I am always curious to hear what people think architects do, especially what Forrest thinks that they do, in light of his analogy.

The reference to blueprint is always interesting, because it's an archaic term, as real bluprints aren't used any more. So the word blueprint is used in reference to drawings or plans which are used to construct in the field (although now the drawings are often on iPads...)

But what seems key to me regarding the poem being written, or designed so to speak, by an architect, was the use of the word "contiguous" by Forrest regarding the clues.

He's noting the connectedness of the clues, as all parts of a successful architectural design are joined and supportive of the whole.

This reinforces the statement by Forrest in tftw that you need to be sure of the location beforehand; a great concept or idea, described in detail by good and accurate drawings (or poem), will lead you directly to the end result. You won't be searching some vast area for it.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter
12-28-2013, 05:45 PM,
About this map...
The reference by Forrest that the poem was written by an architect was very revealing. I was shocked he said it, and many have tried to come to terms with it, as you are Sam.

I am always curious to hear what people think architects do, especially what Forrest thinks that they do, in light of his analogy.

The reference to blueprint is always interesting, because it's an archaic term, as real bluprints aren't used any more. So the word blueprint is used in reference to drawings or plans which are used to construct in the field (although now the drawings are often on iPads...)

But what seems key to me regarding the poem being written, or designed so to speak, by an architect, was the use of the word "contiguous" by Forrest regarding the clues.

He's noting the connectedness of the clues, as all parts of a successful architectural design are joined and supportive of the whole.

This reinforces the statement by Forrest in tftw that you need to be sure of the location beforehand; a great concept or idea, described in detail by good and accurate drawings (or poem), will lead you directly to the end result. You won't be searching some vast area for it.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter
12-28-2013, 06:34 PM,
About this map...
Couldn't agree more Halo...just curious about others ideas of the concept of the poem...was also surprised at his comment...I see the poem as the plan laying out the path to the location...simple enough I think...as in Toby's newest blog-literally, metaphorically or metaphysically in the interpretation of that plan...that seems to be the sticking point most argued... Smile

EDITED LATER: Wasn't trying to express Mr. Fenn's views, just mine...using the term architect raised another method

and injected another view of the poem and clues... Smile
12-30-2013, 08:11 PM,
About this map...
I can't give away too much but I will share this. The trail to the treasure is entirely in stanzas 2,3 and 4 from beginning to end. Stanzas 5 and 6 make up the foundation. Stanza 1 is the roof that covers it. That is how the architect drew it.
12-30-2013, 08:37 PM,
About this map...
OK Jack...you're in a camp with many other people...some say this is a clue and that is not....some say the clues start here not there...some say you should approach the poem this way and some say that way...whatever works for you is what you should run with...no two people have the same thought processes and no two people approach problems the same way...have fun playing the game and good luck in figuring it out and best of luck to you on any search you may undertake... Smile
12-30-2013, 08:47 PM,
About this map...
Sam, Same to you. It is beginning to appear to me that the solution is brilliantly simple once you see it. We shall see if I am correct but once it is found I am sure the solution will have an elegance ( for lack of a better term) to it and we will all be saying "Wow it is so obvious!"
12-30-2013, 08:50 PM,
About this map...
Er, I was present when Mr. Fenn made the "architect" comment; he did not mean it literally.
12-30-2013, 09:31 PM,
About this map...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jack on December 30, 2013, 8:47 pm</b>

Sam, Same to you. It is beginning to appear to me that the solution is brilliantly simple once you see it. We shall see if I am correct but once it is found I am sure the solution will have an elegance ( for lack of a better term) to it and we will all be saying "Wow it is so obvious!"
</div>

Been my philosophy from the beginning K.I.S.S. and Ockham's Razor...just waiting for the opportunity to go check my own solution out...will succeed no matter the outcome as far as I am concerned... Smile
12-30-2013, 09:35 PM,
About this map...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Desertphile on December 30, 2013, 8:50 pm</b>

Er, I was present when Mr. Fenn made the "architect" comment; he did not mean it literally.
</div>

Watched that video myself...got the impression he was referring to the "Grand Architect", not really himself...MY idea to describe him that way for the sake of a solution method... Smile
12-30-2013, 10:40 PM,
About this map...
Make sense cause thought he was referring to himself as a third person.