Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Armchairs are dusty and smelly
02-22-2016, 05:10 PM,
Armchairs are dusty and smelly
Yeah, the armchair warriors (I call them Armchairs) who do not even get the basic goals of the chase as designed!

Boy these guys who sit at their armchair all day have to constantly defend themselves because the real searcher who will find the chest, would have done his research and was BOTG standing where WWH's, is going to laugh at them while walking to the bank.

Fenn is not as smart as people think, there are many MUCH smarter people! If you could locate the exact position from your chair, the chest would have been found one week after the poem was made public.

I have to laugh though at the armchairs, it should make everyone happy, because they will never have the chest. I bet Forrest gets a kick out of it too, and that is why he wished he could hide another chest, that one on the east coast, because he knows that people within close proximity of the Rockies (or the people who can afford to make multiple trips) are the only ones with a real chance of getting it.

This chase was designed to get people AWAY from devices! Perhaps someone else will hide treasure meant for the armchairs! Oh wait, Geocache exists for that.

I really feel sorry for those armchairs, because like me (who is 2k miles away and don't have a ton of disposable cash), they will probably never have the chest.
02-22-2016, 05:47 PM,
RE: Armchairs are dusty and smelly
Tony,
When you take a break from laughing, I would enjoying hearing how a searcher can, as Fenn claims, "go right to it with a smile on their face."

How does boots on the ground only - explain that oxymoron?

Ok you can go back to laughing again.
02-22-2016, 06:06 PM,
(02-22-2016, 05:47 PM)The Wolf Wrote: Tony,
When you take a break from laughing, I would enjoying hearing how a searcher can, as Fenn claims, "go right to it with a smile on their face."

Wolf, I know that this chase was designed by F so that the average American can find it. You dont need to be real smart or rich or have any special qualities/talents. The person that finds it may well be Joe Average. All they need is to be able to physically get out there in the mountains and be able to read a map. A comprehensive knowledge of geography would certainly help too

Like he said he hopes the person who finds it is an unemployed redneck from Texas with a pickup truck, kids and a bedroll. The implication is that the unemployed Texan will have a ton of time on his hands, be able to study a map and go camp out there in order to find the treasure. The obvious conclusion is that he will be spending an awful lot of time with BOTG deciphering and confirming the clues, some of which can not be deduced by map alone.

I believe F designed the poem and the location of the chest to cater for that hypothetical Texan as follows:

1) Pickup truck. Hinting possibly 4x4 needed? Most forest roads are very rough.

2) Bedroll. He expects the finder to camp out there. They are going to spend a lot of time with BOTG

3) Unemployed. Lots of time required but not a great expense

4) Kids. Show the poem to a child hint. They can help.

5) Nothing to lose. Probably the right attitude if you are unemployed. Spend some gas money and go camp out there and you might get lucky.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
02-22-2016, 06:26 PM,
(02-22-2016, 06:06 PM)HarryFool Wrote:
(02-22-2016, 05:47 PM)The Wolf Wrote: Tony,

Wolf, I know that this chase was designed by F so that the average American can find it. You dont need to be real smart or rich or have any special qualities/talents. The person that finds it may well be Joe Average. All they need is to be able to physically get out there in the mountains and be able to read a map. A comprehensive knowledge of geography would certainly help too

Like he said he hopes the person who finds it is an unemployed redneck from Texas with a pickup truck, kids and a bedroll. The implication is that the unemployed Texan will have a ton of time on his hands, be able to study a map and go camp out there in order to find the treasure. The obvious conclusion is that he will be spending an awful lot of time with BOTG deciphering and confirming the clues, some of which can not be deduced by map alone.

I believe F designed the poem and the location of the chest to cater for that hypothetical Texan as follows:

1) Pickup truck. Hinting possibly 4x4 needed? Most forest roads are very rough.

2) Bedroll. He expects the finder to camp out there. They are going to spend a lot of time with BOTG

3) Unemployed. Lots of time required but not a great expense

4) Kids. Show the poem to a child hint. They can help.

5) Nothing to lose. Probably the right attitude if you are unemployed. Spend some gas money and go camp out there and you might get lucky.

Yep!

I would also add that Forrest has stated time and time again that the idea of the chase was to get people away from computers and out there to experience what he did throught his life (I assume collecting and finding stuff). CLEARLY Forrest did not spend his time "online", he spent it camping, hiking, searching for arrowheads/treasures, fishing, etc... You know, OUTDOOR stuff.

It is so funny to think that such a person would simply make something people can do from their couch, then go get the chest without ever having physically been to the area.

If anything, the blaze requires you to see from "there". For example you will never see it from G.E. or any map if it is at a 90 degree or more angle to the ground.

People try to find hidden meanings in everything Forrest does, I bet if he took a shit and the turd pointed towards Bandalier that would be a subtle hint to those armchairs. Forrest must get a kick out of them, because an old coot oursmarted the geek (I am insulting myself too perhaps, I am a geek lol).

-Back to laughing... this armchair stinks

--

An Armchair thought pattern: Today Forrest scratched his ass, must be a hint! Ass in Spanish is culo. Google indicates that there is a business in Laplata NM called "Casa de Culo", that MUST be where WWH's! It makes sense because FF is rich, rich people have Bidet in their bathrooms at the Casa! And when the warm water splashes on his ass, it takes it to the canyon down! Home of Brown, get it? WE ARE RICH!

--

BTW, the sewer is no place for the meek, the end is ever neigh! There will be no paddle in dem sewers, just heavy loads and waters high.

Damn, the chest is at a sewage processing plant 8.5 miles north of Fenn's Casa! LOL
02-23-2016, 02:46 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-23-2016, 02:48 AM by Becky from WV.)
@Tony We "armchairs" are spending the lion's share of our time honing our skills & researching properly. We're doing what counts to find FF's treasure. Why does that bother you so much?

If you & the other BOTG searchers want to run around like FF's mama's daddy's barnyard chickens in Fort Worth, TX ... then be my guest. Exercise is good for the body! From our armchair vantage point, perhaps we can see things clearer than those who waste their time hopping aimlessly from "lily pad to lily pad" trying to catch that illusive butterfly.

If you, Tony, can find NO hints in any of FF's info ... you might as well remain at home also. I suggest you utilize that time in a more productive fashion ... READ THE BOOK!!! Read FF's scrapbook entries. Watch & listen to his speaking interviews & his videos. Study the media coverage. Get to know FF. READ THE BOOK AGAIN ... 200 times if necessary.

We armchair searchers are way ahead of you botgees. It would be wise if you took the time to catch up. Right now in this race you are flattened out & faltering, definitely hung. Once that starting gate opens this spring, as it stands now, you & the other botgees are certain to be scratched. This is a fast track, Tony ... & you are a little too much on the bit.
02-23-2016, 10:35 AM,
Who said no research is involed? I never said that! But I am not stupid enough to think that you will know the exact location before going there! Online research will only get you so far, that is what I am saying!

Why did I make this thread to mock armchairs? Because morons like Larson-Tits made a thread to mock those who think BOTG are required to gain some of the knowledge.

You armchairs have failed for 5 1/2 years now, its time for the intelligent people like me to step up to the plate.

By thinking BOTG are not required until you need to retrive the chest means that the majority of Forrests comments and goals went RIGHT OVER YOUR ARMCHAIR. Quit trying to justify being lazy just because you are too broke to go to the Rocky Mountains constantly! I've only been there once because I am in the same party, I cant afford to travel 2000 miles multiple times, so I will likely never have the chest! Do you see me trying to use that as an excuse to say BOTG are not required? NOPE, because I am intelligent enough to know that was not Fenn's plan.

But power to you smelly old armchairs, like me, you will be empty handed until you are capable of going BOTG a few times, at least I went once and am not pulling solves out of my ass without ever having been there! Maybe someday FF will plant a chest in the Appalachian mountains, which is right next to you, but even then you would be to stubborn to notice even the glaring facts that FF wants you OUTSIDE!

Simply put: A smart searcher is one who knows that the winner will have done enough research BOTH from their chair and also BOTG. The ignoramous will think they only need BOTG to retrieve the chest. People are lazy, especially the young generation, and FF knows this! He also knows that they will never find it, and I bet he enjoys it.

Know what happens to Armchairs? They get tossed into the dump when they wear out Smile
02-23-2016, 10:44 AM,
(02-23-2016, 10:35 AM)Tony Wrote: You armchairs have failed for 5 1/2 years now, its time for the intelligent people like me to step up to the plate.

i see your point.

armchairs have failed for 5 1/2 years

and during the same time period BOTG solves have had tremendous success

you seem like a pretty intelligent guy Tony. you might even persuade me over to your side before all is said and done
02-23-2016, 10:51 AM,
(02-23-2016, 10:44 AM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(02-23-2016, 10:35 AM)Tony Wrote: You armchairs have failed for 5 1/2 years now, its time for the intelligent people like me to step up to the plate.

i see your point.

armchairs have failed for 5 1/2 years

and during the same time period BOTG solves have had tremendous success

you seem like a pretty intelligent guy Tony. you might even persuade me over to your side before all is said and done

Know why the BOTG crowd has failed thus far? Because their numbers are SLIM. If you eliminate the searchers who are not serious and just taking a vacation (or spring break), I bet the result is only a few hundred at most! Maybe less!

If FF says 65,000 searchers, I'd say 64,700 of them are armchair searchers who will never leave the house. 200 or so are completely BOTG because they live nearby enough to search millions of guesses!

The final 100 are the ones who have done BOTH armchair research AND BOTG. They are likely to be the one who finds it because they do work for it.
02-23-2016, 04:38 PM,
(02-23-2016, 10:35 AM)Tony Wrote: Know what happens to Armchairs? They get tossed into the dump when they wear out.

Just curious....how tall are you tony? I sense some little-man syndrome going on here. Sensed from my armchair of course. Which was not at all hard to do.
02-23-2016, 04:48 PM,
(02-22-2016, 05:10 PM)Tony Wrote: Yeah, the armchair warriors (I call them Armchairs) who do not even get the basic goals of the chase as designed!

Boy these guys who sit at their armchair all day have to constantly defend themselves because the real searcher who will find the chest, would have done his research and was BOTG standing where WWH's, is going to laugh at them while walking to the bank.

Fenn is not as smart as people think, there are many MUCH smarter people! If you could locate the exact position from your chair, the chest would have been found one week after the poem was made public.

I have to laugh though at the armchairs, it should make everyone happy, because they will never have the chest. I bet Forrest gets a kick out of it too, and that is why he wished he could hide another chest, that one on the east coast, because he knows that people within close proximity of the Rockies (or the people who can afford to make multiple trips) are the only ones with a real chance of getting it.

This chase was designed to get people AWAY from devices! Perhaps someone else will hide treasure meant for the armchairs! Oh wait, Geocache exists for that.

I really feel sorry for those armchairs, because like me (who is 2k miles away and don't have a ton of disposable cash), they will probably never have the chest.

I am most likely destined to be an armchair searcher. My ability to walk and stand is limited. If I were to put BOTG, I would have to sure of a solution that would not require a long or difficult walk. I also have family and some friends who would assist if required. But, in either case, I enjoy the chase even if it is from my armchair and your comments are very rude and out of line.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Botgees are like smelly farts... Larsonist 45 28,608 02-24-2016, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Tony