Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not far, but too far to walk
08-18-2019, 10:48 AM,
RE: Not far, but too far to walk
Don’ You remember when Forrest said that he would walk to nine mile hole to fish? He said that there was another good fishing hole at ten miles, but ten miles is just too far to walk.
08-19-2019, 02:05 AM,
Not far but too far to walk can be a mirror or a shadow.
Your looking in a mirror,your mirror image is close but you cant get there,same with a shadow,you can´t reach your shadow.
08-19-2019, 08:09 AM,
(02-29-2016, 08:37 PM)pconnors Wrote: I've never liked the idea of "too far to walk" being some sort of an arbitrary distance (like 10 miles, etc). There's just too much variation when it comes to the level of confidence you need to find the treasure. So, I got to thinking, logically, about what kind of scenarios occur where something is physically not far, but too far to walk. So far I've come up with:

* A waterfall - Imagine a waterfall that goes down 200 feet. That's not far at all (200 feet), but it's too far to walk since it's straight down.

* A tunnel - While a road tunnel can be walked, it's probably not the case with a train tunnel (at least safely). There's other kind of tunnels too. It's not hard to imagine a tunnel in the rockies that is not very long, but, since it passes under some very high peaks and rough terrain, it would be "too far to walk". Perhaps a place where "Warm Waters" enter a tunnel of some sort?

* An arbitrary boundary of some sort - Example: The border of a national park, or a latitude/longitude line. Again, it's possible for one of these to be "not far" in an "as the crow flies" sense of the word, but be too far to walk due to the difficulty of the terrain, etc.

* Under Water - Distances can be "not far" under water, but I would argue that just about any distance under water is "too far to walk".

Curious if anyone else thinks of other scenarios?
This is my take on too far to walk.
To me it's a worning,clue.
Example.
Forrest said the first 2 clues has been solve But 7 clue was walked right on by.
So if I was walking down in a canyon on a trail and miss where I was post take off the trail I just walked to far.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk
08-19-2019, 03:07 PM,
Deeep says what if "the poem leads you to an image from GE that is unambiguosly shaped like a running man? This is what we have for nfbtftw. It is right next to tiitcd. Easy to understand that poem says too far to walk could elude to running and with his repeated drawings of a running man, shows we are probably correct. We are not alone in finding this based on other searchers thinly veiled comments. So as a distance, maybe also, but if so its 8 miles in our solve, to a foot. As a metaphor, yes, 100%. The canon points the way from there. If we were to show you the running man it would blow your mind. Again, not amiguouis." The 8 mile point takes you to a downy canyon as well, which he has used its name in book. So you have to decide if the canon or canyon is part of solve or both. If So Y is IT and you take Y(it) in the canyon down(delete/off) then canyon = canon and thus fits poem, order, contiguous and geographically. Down is soft feathers, pillowed down. Canon down...Fits on both levels in our solve. TY for reading.
08-20-2019, 08:57 AM,
(08-19-2019, 03:07 PM)5GIRLS Wrote: Deeep says what if "the poem leads you to an image from GE that is unambiguosly shaped like a running man? This is what we have for nfbtftw. It is right next to tiitcd. Easy to understand that poem says too far to walk could elude to running and with his repeated drawings of a running man, shows we are probably correct. We are not alone in finding this based on other searchers thinly veiled comments. So as a distance, maybe also, but if so its 8 miles in our solve, to a foot. As a metaphor, yes, 100%. The canon points the way from there. If we were to show you the running man it would blow your mind. Again, not amiguouis." The 8 mile point takes you to a downy canyon as well, which he has used its name in book. So you have to decide if the canon or canyon is part of solve or both. If So Y is IT and you take Y(it) in the canyon down(delete/off) then canyon = canon and thus fits poem, order, contiguous and geographically. Down is soft feathers, pillowed down. Canon down...Fits on both levels in our solve. TY for reading.

Yep, pillowed down and scented in. The beginning and the ending.

Goose down in the canyon and the "cent" symbol in the hint of riches old.

Riches new refers to the S cent, or $, which is the dollar symbol, a newer symbol than the cent symbol.

These symbols are drawn from the poem descriptions at the location of the search area.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clomp- to walk with loud, heavy steps/walk with a heavy tread. Gordon Lightfoot 8 1,074 02-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve