Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Within 500 feet
09-18-2013, 12:16 PM,
Within 500 feet
I guess if someone were real determined they could go back to the date that Fenn said "Someone has been within 500 feet" and then round up everyone that told Fenn where they had been before that date and map where they searched. He may have spoken to 100 people or 10,000, but it would definitely narrow the list. It would feel like cheating though.
09-18-2013, 12:36 PM,
Within 500 feet
Bull, that thought has also occurred to me. However, I don't think it would be possible to research and obtain a list of all those people, and even if it were possible, it would pose even bigger problems. For instance, say you found yourself on that list, would you tell anyone where you searched? Probably not, you'd keep it a secret, or worse, make up a random place to tell the public, insuring other searchers were lead AWAY from your spot. In the end, the person(s) researching and compiling the list (those who did all the work) will only have helped someone else out in finding the treasure, and perhaps never even know it. If I found myself on that list, I certainly wouldn't tell anyone, but under my breath I would be giving much thanks to the sucker who clued me in. I don't mean to be cheeky about this, I'm just quoting reality.

And it wouldn't be cheating, by the way. Mr. Fenn wants us to "think", as he put it, so that would include ANY means we can think of to solve the riddle. I think if your idea really worked in the end, Mr. Fenn would be quite impressed. but.... Boo
09-22-2013, 06:13 PM,
Within 500 feet
I believe it has been noted that Mr. Fenn said that both "people" have been within 500 feet and that "searchers" have been within 500 feet, the latter leading us to believe someone searching for the treasure told Mr. Fenn where they had been.

It is very interesting if one looks at the synonyms for "searcher", including travelers, explorers, pioneers and pathfinders. Just saying...is he talking about hundreds of years ago?
09-23-2013, 03:57 PM,
Within 500 feet
Hi Bull, Mr. Fenn said that people email him about where they are looking, and that;s how he knew how close they were. That's all he said about it, and likely after the fact, it seemed that way to me.
09-25-2013, 01:59 PM,
Within 500 feet
Postmaster..... my thoughts exactly......
09-25-2013, 04:18 PM,
Within 500 feet
Originally he said two groups or parties, had been within 500 feet. To me what's important is that it was only two groups or parties, out of the 22000, people that have emailed Mr. Fenn. The laws of probability tell us that these two groups were not in a popular search area.
09-25-2013, 08:43 PM,
Within 500 feet

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Liv on September 25, 2013, 9:34 pm</b>

You know what's a little fishy.

Forrest told somebody already who is the person that got within 500 feet. Fact!
</div>

REALLY!? I hadn't heard that? would you be so kind as to share? who? when? and why? am I always the last to hear this stuff?
09-26-2013, 04:56 AM,
Within 500 feet
@ Liv, There's nothing to be skeptical about, Your either play the game or you don't. It's not about guarantees but skill. Even if your statement was true, "exactly how would it affect the chase?"
09-26-2013, 06:54 AM,
Within 500 feet
there are skeptics in every thing that has been done. there are some that still believe the moon landing was a fake.
09-26-2013, 07:03 AM,
Within 500 feet

<b>Quote from Liv </b>

You know what's a little fishy.

Forrest told somebody already who is the person that got within 500 feet. Fact!
</div>

<b>Quote from Liv on September 25, 2013, 10:05 pm</b>

@Seeker

Go to treasurenet, look for the "Forrest Fenn's treasure" thread, and read the first 5 pages.

Let me know what you think. The guy erased his post, but fortunately he was quoted in some others'.

Remember that I always said I'm skeptic about all this... well, reading that didn't help. Not by a long shot.
</div>

It's a bit of a stretch to go from the stuff on treasurenet to "Fact!" Someone claims it on treasurenet . Maybe it is true.