Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Important Literature"
04-10-2016, 10:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 04-10-2016, 10:46 PM by musstag.)
RE: "Important Literature"
There is no reason for most any thing in this chapter to be in a Memoir Book. It most likely, as mentioned, was written after the TC was hid. IMHO, He is pointing towards our need to read FWTBT and also the version by John Donne. Sure, stick to the poem, fine with me, but IMHO, I know what your missing. He says to use the book, a map and the poem... So if something is on the map that looks interesting, are you going to ignore it? So why ignore looking at something the book highlights?
04-10-2016, 11:11 PM,
(04-03-2016, 02:22 PM)The Count Wrote: After doing a little research about J. D. Salinger he seems to have more similarities with Forrest Fenn than I first thought. J D said this in a interview"He said, 'I refuse to publish,'" Eppes told NPR in 1997, "'There's a marvelous peace in not publishing,' he said. 'There's a stillness. When you publish, the world thinks you owe something. If you don't publish, they don't know what you're doing. You can keep it for yourself.'"

I can keep it for myself, isn't that what Feen said when first thinking of hiding the chest?
Looks like JD Salinger also had plans for his treasures from his vault after his death. There are a lot of similarities for Fenn to not known about Salinger until 2010.

One of Salingers better unpublished stories is Bananafish. Marvin probably grabbed a lot of those. I think he wrote that one when he was away on active military duty during the war but I could be mixing it up with his 'nine stories' book.
04-11-2016, 10:29 PM,
RedEx, sounds as if your going to 'from there'
12-20-2016, 09:56 PM,
(04-10-2016, 11:11 PM)superfly Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 02:22 PM)The Count Wrote: After doing a little research about J. D. Salinger he seems to have more similarities with Forrest Fenn than I first thought. J D said this in a interview"He said, 'I refuse to publish,'" Eppes told NPR in 1997, "'There's a marvelous peace in not publishing,' he said. 'There's a stillness. When you publish, the world thinks you owe something. If you don't publish, they don't know what you're doing. You can keep it for yourself.'"

I can keep it for myself, isn't that what Feen said when first thinking of hiding the chest?
Looks like JD Salinger also had plans for his treasures from his vault after his death. There are a lot of similarities for Fenn to not known about Salinger until 2010.

One of Salingers better unpublished stories is Bananafish. Marvin probably grabbed a lot of those. I think he wrote that one when he was away on active military duty during the war but I could be mixing it up with his 'nine stories' book.
Bananafish is in 9 Stories book.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Important Literature Books & The Search States Found w/in Them minotaur_moreno 7 709 07-09-2019, 08:44 PM
Last Post: John Brown