Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RMNP
07-16-2013, 06:44 AM,
RMNP

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Becky from WV on July 16, 2013, 1:10 am</b>

Nobody & Everybody - I don't know what RMNP is - abbreviations are not my thing. But on the right edge of the photo, one third of the way up, it looks like a shirtless guy hauling up the treasure chest. Can you see him? Easier to distinguish when enlarged. Cool, huh?
</div>

RMNP Rocky Mountain NationalPark in Colorado

In the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe and more than 8.25 miles

It is smack dab in the the middle of the Continental Divide (CD)

Just one of the hundreds of places that it may not be but?

Look up what the pictures name is!

07-16-2013, 08:33 AM,
RMNP
RMNP is Rocky Mountain National Park. The picture is Longs Peak, they keyhole is about a mile from the top. It's definitely not there. It is a very difficult hike and takes about 8 hours to get to the top. Lots of people don't make it because of altitude sickness. Definitely not a hike for a 80 year old.
07-16-2013, 10:50 AM,
RMNP
GetLost

You are probably correct in stating it is not on top of Longs Peak or even in RNMP and I just wanted to know if anyone had considered looking there. I never could come up with a Home of Brown there except maybe Bear Lake. That picture is in fact Longs Peak but it is known as the Diamond. So to me a diamond could be a pretty good description of a Blaze. If it was there I would think it would be below the Diamond since if you found the Blaze, look quickly down. Also Meeker Peak is right next to Longs Peak, so far but to far to walk could have been Longs Peak. So then Meeker would be no place for the meek referring to the peaks. As far as where warm water halts the whole area was formed by glaciers so

that sort fit as well. It is a unique place and fits some of the poem but maybe not all, so that is why I asked and never intended to go look there. So anyone have a home of Brown here?
07-16-2013, 11:50 PM,
RMNP
Tim,

Not sure if there are any warm waters nearby. It's all cold. Right under the diamond is a lake. clear and cold. Still takes a long time to get there. Not real sure about Meeker. Never climbed it. It's a long and treacherous climb also. Not even sure the park has hot springs. So look deeper in the park. I haven't even tried.
07-19-2013, 03:27 PM,
RMNP
Well, If he went through Colorado on his way to Wyoming and Montana when he was growing up,then he definitely would have stayed @ a campground or road side park to camp. Took a while to travel back in those days. Would have been special to him. It was for me, in the 60's. What was Estes Park like growing up in the 30's, 40's?
07-23-2013, 04:25 PM,
RMNP
Estes Park is nice. Huge touristy area. I take my dog up there almost every Sunday and walk around the lake and let him swim in the dog area. Not sure where to start on the hunt there. I'll have to look at the area as a whole but it's pretty crowded. Pretty areas but still lot's of people.
07-24-2013, 08:18 AM,
RMNP
Wow this RMNP just doesn't want to die and I would suggest looking around Meeker and Longs Peak base.

The hike is a few miles in but I do like the Diamond blaze. Put in could be a campsite or trail that has a brown connection like Bear lake maybe.
07-24-2013, 08:02 PM,
RMNP
Tim,

I think RMNP really needs a looking @. I've been there in June and searched and found some things that relate to the poem. Didn't find the treasure, but I'm still interested. Haven't thought about the Diamond blaze. The background on my computer is the "Chapel on the Rock" with Long's peak in the distance.. check this out.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2760/4072...c3f760.jpg

Long's peak is directly behind this church.
07-25-2013, 10:31 AM,
RMNP
wishiIwasRich, is that a good pond for fly fishing?
07-25-2013, 09:12 PM,
RMNP

<b>Quote from Tim Nobody on June 12, 2013, 9:48 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from tomwhat on June 12, 2013, UTC 8:15 pm</b>

Poor Colorado seems to be Forrest's "fly-over" state between home states Texas / New Mexico and vacation states Wyoming / Montana.
</div>

Maybe not for the chest

Number of Family-Friendly Trails: 25 (four are stroller-accessible)

Probably the most kid friendly National Park

and it is in the middle of the Continental Divide?

If CD is the wwwwh then there is no better place then here where that happens

Give it to a child and this is a child friendly place in more ways than one.

Forrest maybe used a stroller to place the chest it was his baby maybe!

Take a stroller and pack it back out.

You need a flashlight to look in the stroller and a sandwich to feed your baby.(LOL)

Forrest put one of his dolls in the stroller and when people tried to look in it he said

shhhh my baby grand daughter is sleeping do not wake her up.

I now have introduced the stroller theory and he laughed going back to the car

because he used a stroller!!!

Now I need to know who has been here please and if not stay away it is my hotspot so

now I need to go shop for a stroller that is rated for a 42 pound baby.

So shhhhhh don't tell nobody.

So if this is someone elses hot spot please tell me to shhhhh or I will go on and

spill the beans. If you don't see any more post I have been hushed by somebody.

But I will never tell who.</div>
</div>

There is a medical center at the Estes side where the other poster recommended.

Nice thing to have nearby in case of an 80 year old breaking a hip.