Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Standards
04-07-2016, 09:55 AM,
Double Standards
I am genuinely confused about the anger directed towards me. I figured I would allow an opportunity for discussion on the subject, to better help me understand why people are so mad at me.

Collected Works bookstore sells Fenn's books. They were donated to them, and they get to keep all the profit. Yes - a small percentage of the profits go to a cancer fund. But, 90% of the profit goes to Collected Works.

Benchmark Maps sold the first map. They kept all the money, and didn't put any towards any good causes.

I am the first person to try to put something back into the chase. I genuinely want other people to enjoy it as much as I do. I also search for the treasure, but so do some of the guys from Benchmark Maps.

Why is it OK for Collected Works and Benchmark Maps to sell chase-related items, but not me?
04-07-2016, 10:15 AM,
RE: Double Standards
(04-07-2016, 09:55 AM)JamLady Wrote: I am genuinely confused about the anger directed towards me. I figured I would allow an opportunity for discussion on the subject, to better help me understand why people are so mad at me.

Collected Works bookstore sells Fenn's books. They were donated to them, and they get to keep all the profit. Yes - a small percentage of the profits go to a cancer fund. But, 90% of the profit goes to Collected Works.

Benchmark Maps sold the first map. They kept all the money, and didn't put any towards any good causes.

I am the first person to try to put something back into the chase. I genuinely want other people to enjoy it as much as I do. I also search for the treasure, but so do some of the guys from Benchmark Maps.

Why is it OK for Collected Works and Benchmark Maps to sell chase-related items, but not me?

Sacha, the smart people are making money off the chase and understand that it is a commodity and are using it as such. If you want to be a successful business woman stop trying to please people and start concentrating on making money. It is a weakness to have to explain yourself. I have to ask you.....why are putting your own money into Fennboree, it should be paid for by Fenn, as he ultimately profits from the publicity. I never said it wasn't okay to make money off the chase....many have done so, but stop telling people that this is not a money making venture....it insults our intelligence.
04-07-2016, 10:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 04-07-2016, 10:21 AM by JamLady.)
Bet, you make some interesting assumptions.

Forrest doesn't make a dollar off the chase. Not a single penny. He doesn't sell anything.

Fenn doesn't throw Fennboree. He actually doesn't have anything to do with it. Desertphile started it, and kept it going. Fenn has never attended, and has only said he may attend this year.

Who said I don't make money? If I had that kind of money to spend on Fennboree in advance, I would think that means I have money. And, I work hard. Very hard. I own 2 businesses, and am starting a 3rd. I work from my office, in my house, which means I must be doing something right.

That's kind of my point. I am not trying to make tons of money off of my fellow searchers. You say that I am wrong because I am not focused on making more money? Your argument doesn't make any sense. In your argument, if I am a cold hearted business woman, then its all good.

So, is it ok for me to sell stuff if I quit Fennboree and get a refund on all my reservations? I am confused...

Bet, you are also proving my point about trolling me..... You can't let me post anything without trying to knock me in the very next post. Have you stopped to consider why that is?
04-07-2016, 10:25 AM,
Why does the Fennboree need structure, money, and organization?
It's a camping trip for God's Sakes.
04-07-2016, 10:26 AM,
(04-07-2016, 09:55 AM)JamLady Wrote: I am genuinely confused about the anger directed towards me. I figured I would allow an opportunity for discussion on the subject, to better help me understand why people are so mad at me.

What are you trying to sell?? Maybe you need to explain that... I believe in capitalism and supply and demand.. If you have a product that is truly wanted it will sell if there is a demand...

If you are trying to get permission from Fenn to sell something and he says NO, then you should just accept his opinion and move on...
04-07-2016, 10:29 AM,
(04-07-2016, 10:25 AM)boomergirl Wrote: Why does the Fennboree need structure, money, and organization?

Boomer....I couldn't agree more.
04-07-2016, 10:53 AM,
(04-07-2016, 10:25 AM)boomergirl Wrote: Why does the Fennboree need structure, money, and organization?
I think the intent is to bring festivity to the camping trip. It appears, for some, this is more than just a basic camping trip. At what point does a camping trip not become a camping trip? When it has hot dogs? When folks play card games? When there are contests and prizes?

I can appreciate someone wanting to make this more festive, for the sake of fostering camaraderie at the event thru game, drink, and food.

Why does this have to be merely a camping trip, for Gods sakes?
04-07-2016, 11:15 AM,
Silly Rabbit Trix are for kids.
Hot dogs are processed foods, which should be avoided.
Whole foods are where it's at.
04-07-2016, 11:21 AM,
(04-07-2016, 11:15 AM)boomergirl Wrote: Silly Rabbit Trix are for kids.
Hot dogs are processed foods, which should be avoided.
Whole foods are where it's at.
Good, you eat your barley. Ill have a hot dog.
04-07-2016, 11:33 AM,
(04-07-2016, 10:29 AM)Bet Wrote:

Boomer....I couldn't agree more.

It does need some organization otherwise no one would know when where and how to attend. If the organizer(s) would just ask if anything is needed I am sure some if not all would pony up some to help. Structure is certainly needed because in the past two events it seems like we where all stung out in different locations and would have been nice to have been camped relatively close together. I am glad this year that it will be more easy to get to and from and maybe at Hyde park we will be all closer together. Let me know if you need any help.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BT - Let's Talk Double Omegas Beavertooth 20 1,131 06-15-2020, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Shootncoin
  Double negatives running rampant Beavertooth 2 785 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Double Omegas Mindy 20 9,003 09-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Passing thoughts on Double Omegas 23kachinas 12 10,102 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Last Post: djjmciv
  Double Omegas DECODED presby 72 61,240 12-21-2015, 11:45 PM
Last Post: HollyfromMN