Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Double Standards
04-07-2016, 11:33 AM,
RE: Double Standards
(04-07-2016, 11:23 AM)imsunbuddynow Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:15 AM)boomergirl Wrote: Silly Rabbit Trix are for kids.
Hot dogs are processed foods, which should be avoided.
Whole foods are where it's at.

Silly wabbit, does that mean you are supplying wholesome non-processed food for the masses a fenboree this year? At no cost of course.

the masses? LOL I can supply peanuts and bananas. But let's really impress Fenn with hunting and gathering. Besides condiments are leading cause of food born illness at company picnics anyways.
04-07-2016, 12:51 PM,
I like honesty, even when it isn't flattering.

I appreciate all the comments and thoughts.

Even if no one else shows up, I am going camping in the mountains with my kids, the first weekend in June. I will still grill burgers (and yes, they will be grass-fed, free-range beef - because I feed my kids nothing less). I will still have a scavenger hunt with my kids, and I will still roast marshmallows by the campfire.

It should would be nice to have some friends to do all this with. I sure hope somebody else is camping that weekend, in those same mountains. Maybe I will get to make some new friends, and maybe I will get to see some old ones.
04-07-2016, 01:08 PM,
(04-07-2016, 12:51 PM)JamLady Wrote: I like honesty, even when it isn't flattering.

I appreciate all the comments and thoughts.

Even if no one else shows up, I am going camping in the mountains with my kids, the first weekend in June. I will still grill burgers (and yes, they will be grass-fed, free-range beef - because I feed my kids nothing less). I will still have a scavenger hunt with my kids, and I will still roast marshmallows by the campfire.

It should would be nice to have some friends to do all this with. I sure hope somebody else is camping that weekend, in those same mountains. Maybe I will get to make some new friends, and maybe I will get to see some old ones.

I hope you know none of these options, at least mine have anything to do with your character. As a person I think you rock, and I admire your initiative. I seriously don't know how I could possibly stay away from Fennborre.
04-07-2016, 01:30 PM,
(04-07-2016, 09:55 AM)JamLady Wrote: I am genuinely confused about the anger directed towards me. I figured I would allow an opportunity for discussion on the subject, to better help me understand why people are so mad at me.

Collected Works bookstore sells Fenn's books. They were donated to them, and they get to keep all the profit. Yes - a small percentage of the profits go to a cancer fund. But, 90% of the profit goes to Collected Works.

Benchmark Maps sold the first map. They kept all the money, and didn't put any towards any good causes.

I am the first person to try to put something back into the chase. I genuinely want other people to enjoy it as much as I do. I also search for the treasure, but so do some of the guys from Benchmark Maps.

Why is it OK for Collected Works and Benchmark Maps to sell chase-related items, but not me?

Jamlady,

There are angry-jealous people in the world and the chase seems to have more than it's fair share, but I won't let those downers affect my happiness.

You should smile and hold your head up high for your effort on the map and Fennboree III.

I think it was Einstein who said - "you can't make good wine from sour grapes."
04-07-2016, 01:48 PM,
(04-07-2016, 09:55 AM)JamLady Wrote: I am genuinely confused about the anger directed towards me. I figured I would allow an opportunity for discussion on the subject, to better help me understand why people are so mad at me.

Collected Works bookstore sells Fenn's books. They were donated to them, and they get to keep all the profit. Yes - a small percentage of the profits go to a cancer fund. But, 90% of the profit goes to Collected Works.

Benchmark Maps sold the first map. They kept all the money, and didn't put any towards any good causes.

I am the first person to try to put something back into the chase. I genuinely want other people to enjoy it as much as I do. I also search for the treasure, but so do some of the guys from Benchmark Maps.

Why is it OK for Collected Works and Benchmark Maps to sell chase-related items, but not me?
Sacha that's not true....Fundamental Design gave out $100.00 and $500.00 prizes all week long for his double negative contest.....it was a great thing he did and everyone enjoyed it. He wasn't able to raise the funds with a map, either. I am not angry at you, nor do I hate you, but if I see contradictions in people's statements, I am going to say something.
04-07-2016, 01:55 PM,
(04-07-2016, 01:48 PM)Bet Wrote: Sacha that's not true....Fundamental Design gave out $100.00 and $500.00 prizes all week long for his double negative contest.....it was a great thing he did and everyone enjoyed it. He wasn't able to raise the funds with a map, either. I am not angry at you, nor do I hate you, but if I see contradictions in people's statements, I am going to say something.
Me too.

I dont really care what someone else did. Nothing stopped them from selling maps. This sort of thing takes time, effort, and initiative. And its thankless. Maybe JamLady isnt in the same financial position as FD. It doesnt really matter, nobody is forcing you to be a part of anything.

Until someone else is ready, willing, and able to step up and do the work, AND pay for it out of their own pockets, I am happy and appreciative of the person who has done the work to this point. Complaining about it is all just bluster. And nothing stops me from not taking part in it, or not. If any of us dont like it, then put together your own shindig and stop crapping on someone elses parade.
04-07-2016, 02:07 PM,
We are so looking forward to this one - changed our annual trip dates so we could make it. Great location for those of us who aren't good at camping or don't have the vehicle to haul all the gear.
04-07-2016, 06:13 PM,
Sacha,

Haters are going to hate. We have a number of them on this board. Please ignore them and continue with your good works. Although I am not buying a map, I think it is an admirable thing. Good job! Well done!

Now let them attack me instead. I have my "ignore" button handy, and a thick skin.
04-07-2016, 06:40 PM,
Sacha , don't you worry what other people think. Do the best you can and be happy with your accomplishments. So what if others grouse ? You can't please everyone. Sometimes when we take on too much we get a little sensitive because others can't see what we are doing. They don't know how much effort goes into it. It's the nature of the beast. Do what you need to and ignore all the other stuff.

Go have fun with your family and be happy !
Shhh they aren't listening.
04-07-2016, 07:38 PM,
(04-07-2016, 02:07 PM)old drum Wrote: We are so looking forward to this one - changed our annual trip dates so we could make it. Great location for those of us who aren't good at camping or don't have the vehicle to haul all the gear.

We are driving from Mizzourah also. Hope to see you there. Like you, we will not be camping. I have pitched my tent all across the country. No can do any more due to health concerns. I miss tent camping and sitting around the camp fires. Have a safe journey there and back. I will be watching for your name tag.

Godspeed, Windy City

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BT - Let's Talk Double Omegas Beavertooth 38 3,956 08-13-2020, 01:05 PM
Last Post: æ___
  Double negatives running rampant Beavertooth 2 937 11-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Double Omegas Mindy 20 9,655 09-30-2017, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Passing thoughts on Double Omegas 23kachinas 12 10,598 03-07-2016, 11:51 AM
Last Post: djjmciv
  Double Omegas DECODED presby 72 64,185 12-21-2015, 11:45 PM