Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Too far to walk map
10-03-2013, 10:59 AM,
Too far to walk map
Speaking of other maps...has anyone matched this one up with where they might have gotten it from and compared them?
10-03-2013, 04:11 PM,
Too far to walk map
I think we owe rick a thought of gratitude he put a map up before the book was published, since its in the back of the book I wonder if they decided to put it in because of ricks idea ,it looks like almost the same map.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-04-2013, 04:47 PM,
Too far to walk map
I don't seem to be able to find the map about which you are speaking? The link provides me with a series of maps flipping by. I have been doing map comparisons between maps in the 17-1800s with maps in the 90-2000s. What a time sink but fun.
uken2it
10-04-2013, 05:04 PM,
Too far to walk map

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from onecorgi on October 4, 2013, 5:47 pm</b>

I don't seem to be able to find the map about which you are speaking? The link provides me with a series of maps flipping by. I have been doing map comparisons between maps in the 17-1800s with maps in the 90-2000s. What a time sink but fun.
</div>

They're talking about the map in TFTW which is reproduced here but this is a really burred version. I think Fenn gave them permission to display a low-resolution version.

http://www.creationeer.co.uk/forrestfennfacts.html
10-07-2013, 05:24 PM,
Too far to walk map
Deleted. Answered my own question.
10-07-2013, 05:28 PM,
Too far to walk map

<b>Quote from The_Spoiler on October 7, 2013, 6:24 pm</b>

Deleted

</div>

Spoiler answered his own question.
10-07-2013, 05:29 PM,
Too far to walk map

<b>Quote from John Brown on October 7, 2013, 6:28 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from The_Spoiler on October 7, 2013, 6:24 pm</b>

Why is the map in Fenn's book distorted? Why are the incorrect values for longitude shown on Fenn's map?

This is the traditional map of the US with the correct latitude and longitude lines.

</div>

Are you talking about the map in TFTW? The latitude and longitude weren't shown in that map.</div>
</div>

I noticed that right after posting. Deleted the post.
10-08-2013, 08:35 AM,
Too far to walk map
The lines of magnetic declination on that map are none too accurate. The natural features and locations of towns also show more artistry than geographic accuracy. I don't think there are any clues in the map other then outlining the current search area.

mdavis19