Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IF you could ask one question to FF about the poem...
10-07-2013, 02:25 PM,
<b><i>WHAT</i></b> is the blaze?!? On my search, I found an area that was so good I could smell the gold. But which blaze is <i>the</i> blaze? That old campfire? The one red tree in a stand of evergreens? This carving? That carving? The natural pattern in the rock that clearly makes a huge F? The downed trees that have been arranged into an X shape? gaak!
10-07-2013, 02:46 PM,
That is my frustration ,when you get to your spot everything looks like a darn blaze, I honestly think my spot is the one (but we all do)you definitely know what I mean tomwhat,i live in TN and think I see the blaze from time to time,aint that something.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-08-2013, 01:04 PM,
Can a search finalize the clues to the poem at home, and THEN go directly to the 10" square location of the chest or does the search have to have boots on the ground to FINISH the SOLUTION of the clues to locate the chest?

Has any searchers correctly solved, 'to FF knowledge', more than just the 1st two clues and how many?
10-08-2013, 09:16 PM,
With Forrest's disdain of academics, I do not believe you can "research" your way right to the treasure. You can read enough to get you started at the right place and headed in the right direction, then it's up to your wits in the field. I think that's the lesson he's trying to teach us, an is illustrated by his story about the searchers who got the first 2 clues right (by research) then walked right past the next clue because they didn't have their field wits on.
10-08-2013, 09:44 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on October 8, 2013, 2:04 pm</b>

Can a search finalize the clues to the poem at home, and THEN go directly to the 10" square location of the chest or does the search have to have boots on the ground to FINISH the SOLUTION of the clues to locate the chest?

Has any searchers correctly solved, 'to FF knowledge', more than just the 1st two clues and how many?
</div>

(1) Nobody knows. I personally am in the "can't solve it with google sitting in your arm chair and scamper out and snag the chest in a day" camp. I think you need off-line research and many days of boots on the ground, but that's just me being me. WHat people think on that issue seems to me to be dictated largely by their circumstances. Those of us that live close to our search areas tend to put in a lot more time searching. A lot of my time hasn't really been searching so much as just learning my area. I've hiked from mesa to canyon to the next mesa. I've been on roads that no one in their right minds would drive their shiny little subaru on. Etc. etc. etc.

(2) I don't think he has said. I haven't told him my "solution" in terms of the individual clues, but I've told him what I'm doing. If my solution is correct he wouldn't be able

to say "how many clues" I've solved because I haven't told him. He'd have to guess. Part of that is paranoia. You never really know who is reading Fenn's e-mail. I've always assumed that e-mail was a completely open book unless it was encrypted. I mainly don't encrypt my e-mail and I don't think he knows how to encrypt/decrypt e-mail or wants to bother with it. The other part is that it takes some writing to explain 8 or 9 clues and he doesn't have that much time to read and answer long e-mails. He's answered a handful of mine. I think all of the ones he answered were short. Like Q: "How many roads must a man walk down?" Ans: "just one, John".
10-10-2013, 04:47 AM,
Was the unintentional clue written by someone else?