Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TTOTC book
05-15-2016, 10:21 AM,
TTOTC book
Mr. Fenn said their gallery was a "cistern" of activity. Webster's says a cistern can be a box or a chest. Cistern seemed an odd choice of words?
05-15-2016, 11:16 AM,
RE: TTOTC book
I have considered that also. It led me to ancient native tribes who had cisterns to collect water. So long ago yet so advanced. I considered he found a ruin with a cistern in which to put in the treasure. The same could be of a wooden box which was missing its key? Lots to think about thank you James.
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-15-2016, 11:55 AM,
Hi Deb, Mr. Fenn said that people continue to arrive at the hiding place, not knowing the chest is there. I'm leaning toward a campground. Some campgrounds have water spigots, that water probably comes from a pumping facility with a storage tank/ cistern. I'm thinking the cistern could indicate the direction to go in, to the blaze.
05-15-2016, 12:50 PM,
TTOTC book
(05-15-2016, 11:55 AM)James Perotti Wrote: Hi Deb, Mr. Fenn said that people continue to arrive at the hiding place, not knowing the chest is there. I'm leaning toward a campground. Some campgrounds have water spigots, that water probably comes from a pumping facility with a storage tank/ cistern. I'm thinking the cistern could indicate the direction to go in, to the blaze.

Forrest doesn't actually say "the chest is there" I believe he said the "the relevance of the place"
(YouTube Subscribe)
05-18-2016, 04:18 AM,
There are many references to cisterns and wells in F's books, etc. I'm not sure if that's just a word he likes to use, or if it means anything. But the Rockies are full of such cisterns, and many are filled with debris or pack rat nests. Pack rat nests, anthills, and other animal burrows (burroughs, lol) contain little treasures, and Forrest was aware of that.

I searched a cistern near Aldridge, Montana, simply because it looked fun to do. It had a pack rat or some other kind of animal nest in it. I didn't disturb it too much but could see an old rusted vegetable can, and a few other things that looked like they'd been there a long time.

Since my first reading of TTOTC, I've felt a cistern or well could hold the TC, and I haven't really veered from that, except I don't think it's in your traditional well or cistern. There is one particular cistern I'm VERY interested in, one that I believe Georgia O'Keefe had found, a cistern believed to have been lost for a long time, and it's this cistern I hope to find after the boree, just to put my mind at rest so I can head to my prime spot.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zip code post marks on the picture ot the treasure chest in the book of the TTOTC. mike marcum 1 1,196 05-04-2019, 12:21 AM
Last Post: thrilledtochase
  TTOTC Book Shadetree 30 10,628 07-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Last Post: Shadetree
  TTOTC book James Perotti 1 1,479 05-12-2016, 07:49 AM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot