Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TFTW: Inconsistencies
10-10-2013, 06:32 PM,
I know everyone thinks they already know the intentional uninentional intentional clue in TFTW. But for those who don't maybe a list would help. I read it in a sitting the night I bought it, after several glasses of IoL wine. I am now re-reading it. I couldn't find out when Mrs Rommel died. But I have read the first two sentences of the first page.

The second sentence says the the family house was built "about 1926" which manifestly contradicts the line in TOTC that says: "The, pride of our family, built in 1930, the year I was born." Which is it?

10-13-2013, 06:25 PM,
@tyounis...I believe your prediction is totally accurate, and these "inconsistencies" generate discussion on these forums...The more chat created the more ideas out there and the higher the probability that someone is going to crack the poem, which is the result Mr. Fenn desires.
10-13-2013, 10:43 PM,
I am personally not putting a lot of weight into the inconsistencies. If I live to be 80+ and write some books about my life, then I am pretty sure there will be some inconsistencies, more than a few... heck I probably couldn't do it now without a slew of inconsistencies. I think Forrest is much more cunning and clever than to hide the solution to his poem in the inconsistencies of the story-telling of his life, not that I would completely rule it out as a possibility, but in regard to my experience and looking at the inconsistencies, I have found and believe that they have little or nothing to do with the poem.

I do think it makes great fodder for those people who get frustrated and dis-enchanted after meeting failure in their searches; nothing like spending time studying and searching for the chest only to then make an even more focused, doubled down effort to try and discredit Forrest because of some inconsistencies. I think if I ever quit this chase, there are far more exciting things I could find to do I am sure. Smile Moving on...
10-14-2013, 08:48 AM,
Wish I was that close myself...I've been in love with the west since my USAF days in Denver...Tried living in LV, NV for seven years...Left there to return to the green in TN in 2010...It is not a kind place to live, guess that is why so many have left that desert hole....
10-16-2013, 05:47 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on October 16, 2013, 3:55 pm</b>

I was thinking about trying to livestream it....but I've never done that before. Have you? I'm not sure if Collective Works has free wifi...does anyone know?
</div>

They do.