Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Time to Remember
05-30-2016, 08:37 PM,
A Time to Remember
First of all, thank you to all the veterans who have served and continue to serve our country. And second, please take a moment to remember your loved ones who have passed.

I just returned from the cemetery a few minutes ago and for some reason I always come away with the feeling of how small and insignificant most things that happen are....

In a few generations all that will be left of my time on earth will be said in stone..

I always pause to wonder what will be said, if anything. My father and grandparents graves have simple rememberences. A needle and thread for grandma and a stalk of wheat for my father and grandfather. What will this mean to someone that just happens to come along in a 200 years?

A few years ago, I stumbled across Henry Chryslers grave. I thought that it could not be the automakers grave. But it was Walter P Chryslers father.

So here is my family and Chryslers family right there in the same place. What does this mean? Both look the same from the road. In 100 years, probably won't mean anything.

As I looked at the graves, the newer part of the cemetery was all decorated up with most of the graves with flowers and other memorials. The older part of the cemetery, however, was hardly decorated, with just a sparse sprinkling of memorials. Where did all of these peoples familes go?

Well, I am glad to say, that all of my families members on my fathers side that immigrated to America, are in the same place. However, on my mothers side, the graves are spread amongst many states. They, of course have been in the country longer. It makes me sad that no one has decorated those graves.

As I took one last look out the window, it occured to me that it did not matter to any of these people what my thoughts were. The only thing that matters is the time that we are given.

I read a blog article the other day by another searcher about "Time being the Mercy of Eternity." It makes more sense to me now.
05-30-2016, 09:14 PM,
RE: A Time to Remember
The parishioners just closed the church where my mothers parents are buried. It is out in the middle of no where. Sadly my family started the church, but it is more than 90 miles away and there are not enough local families to support it. Interestingly, the flint hills were a very important part of the cattle days in kansas. Yet now large operators like ted turner are buying up the land and making mega ranches.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remember when? OjoDude 19 6,515 08-25-2017, 11:00 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Do You Remember? (new MW) decall 31 13,486 08-07-2017, 12:45 PM
Last Post: N. Means
  Does anyone remember ...? Becky from WV 6 4,378 10-25-2016, 04:52 PM
Last Post: Milan
  Does anyone remember "samsmith"? Plato II 10 5,316 08-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Last Post: timebandit
  Do you remember Forrest Fenn? Larsonist 12 8,041 09-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Last Post: glock20