Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BLAZE
10-16-2013, 08:58 AM,
The BLAZE

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from stoneman_65704 on October 16, 2013, 4:29 am</b>

everyone knows where warm waters halt is laduke hot springs in gardiner mt right everyone knows Home of Brown is the Joe Brown put in for rafts yellowstone river right everyone knows there is no place for the meek(followers of Jesus Christ) is the devil or devils slide also know as the Blaze right and everyone knows that everdrawing nigh is seeking Jesus Christ right or left side of yellowstone river as u walk upstream against a powerful muddy (heavy loads) river navigable which you can retrieve a trove legally in montana I would laugh out loud too if I put this treasure in the river next to a 157 degree boiling stream at laduke hotsprings where no one would be Brave enough to venture into the water to retrieve it wont find it by chance cuz no chance anyone stupid enough to go in there Cold yes only river is low enough during winter to retrieve it yes in the wood means it could be in a wooden container???? good luck all
</div>

It certainly sounds like a child could grab it, no problem.
10-16-2013, 10:36 AM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from locolobo on October 16, 2013, 10:10 am</b>

While I would like to claim the chest, there is, as of today, 18 inches of snow at the focus of our effort. So it will be next May or June before we can return to the wood to continue.

Good Luck to you and have a great winter Smile !!

locolobo 8-)
</div>

thank you, good luck to you also

we must have different spots though. the area i am going to this weekend is still searchable
10-16-2013, 05:54 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from tyounis on October 16, 2013, 3:00 pm</b>

...wouldn't placing in the water near a boiling stream make the wax seal on the olive jar containing his 22,000 word autobiography totally irrelevant?
</div>

I'm still trying to figure out why the stream would be boiling at 157F.
10-16-2013, 07:29 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from clinger on October 16, 2013, 7:14 pm</b>

John,

The average temp of the water may be at 157F, but a few molecules may be 212F, any molecules that happen to be 212F near the surface boil off as steam. Technically at that altitude with lower pressure, it will boil slightly less than 212F. This is the case when you're boiling water on your stove.

In the case of the springs, I think more is going on. I would guess that extremely hot water is being injected at the bottom from fissures in the earth and it rises (warmer water rises displacing the cooler 157F average temp water), as it rises it cools but not all of can cool so a portion of it reaches the surface still at boiling temp so you see the steam. That might also make it percolate too. Lots of physical properties going on there. None of them good for a bronze box of treasure. Smile

Clinger
</div>

Individual water molecules do not have a temperature. Temperature is a statistical property of the bulk. Water will boil at temperatures lower than 212 in NM but certainly not at 157F. THe boiling point of water at about 8,000' is around 195F. A temperature of 157 wouldn't do anything to the metals in the treasure box. Might melt the wax seal and alter anything organic but it certainly won't do a thing to bronze, gold, silver, etc. Might possibly damage some of the stones I guess.

10-16-2013, 07:41 PM,
The BLAZE
Lol! I love how this turned into a boinging point discussion! John that was a GREAT observation. I can't stop giggling!
10-16-2013, 08:32 PM,
The BLAZE
Thanks Jen.

I guess also if the bronze expanded less than the gold upon heating, that could cause troubles if the chest were packed solid. But the bronze will expand more than the gold. A gold chest packed solid with bronze coins might rupture if you heated it enough.
10-17-2013, 10:28 AM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on October 16, 2013, 12:43 am</b>

according to my solution the blaze is approx 1700 by 600 feet

warm waters halt is a place with a name and can be looked up on google

the blaze is not a known place with a geographical name and cannot be google searched by itself

the blaze cannot be known without knowing first where warm waters halt, the blaze then needs to be determined by the path of the poem and its geographical appearance on a map

if you've been 'wise' and found the blaze... in the chapter LFLAC Forrest 'wisely' used the map to start the blaze, the clue is that the blaze can be seen on a map, you don't need to be on the ground, you can know where it is before you get there

'blaze' is the 87th word of the poem and page 87 says the fireball was huge and attracted unwanted attention
</div>

If we assume that TTOTC has any useful clues in it, and the story of the map in LFLAC is one of them, then here is another take on it. If the wisest use Forrest could put the map to was to burn it, then maybe that means you don't need a map to find the blaze, or that maybe it isn't on a map. Perhaps he is saying stop staring at the map and actually look around you.

mdavis19
10-17-2013, 11:18 AM,
The BLAZE
tease
10-17-2013, 12:02 PM,
The BLAZE
deleting it just disappoints people

instead just act like you're spilling the beans and make something up, thats what i do

then say you went there and searched and found a bag of mary jane
10-17-2013, 01:33 PM,
The BLAZE
on the boiling water theory the 157 degree water can just appear to boil because of gases being released from under the water ,like at soda dam.it bubbles and is not near 157 degrees.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************