Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BLAZE
10-31-2013, 12:47 PM,
The BLAZE
its 5 o clock somwhere
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-31-2013, 12:51 PM,
The BLAZE
has anyone heard from chris yates
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-31-2013, 01:04 PM,
The BLAZE

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on October 31, 2013, 1:11 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from John Brown on October 31, 2013, 12:50 pm</b>
<b>Quote from mountain digger on October 31, 2013, 11:40 am</b>

I believe FF found the spot not by looking for a spot to hide the chest...but instead, found it while doing something 'in the past' [TIME] that touched his soul.
</div>

Nice comment. It never even occurred to me that he might have gone out searching for a place to hide the chest. I like to think I'm open-minded but the thought that he went out

searching for a hiding spot is so alien to me it never even entered my mind before! I still don't think he did but if I'm going to be open minded I've got to at least acknowledge the possibility! THANKS!</div>
</div>

If FF did Search for a spot, by using his personal knowledge and research, such as we are doing, to place the chest. Would the spot be a special "spot" or maybe the Entire Area that is special to him. on a somewhat larger scale.

or did he just know the "spot", being special, and work the poem around the chest, being a smaller scale.

So would we being searching a special area and down size to a 10"x 10" or looking for Forest most special meaning spot.</div>
</div>

Good questions. I always assumed that he knew "the spot." You're asking me "the exact spot" ? Here's how I think about it. There is the "immediate area" which could be a few acres or maybe even a few tens of acres. The immediate area is special to him but we're just going to call it "the immediate area". Then there is a "special spot" within the larger immediate area. I believe he knew of the special spot when he took the chest there. I believe that the special spot is not more than about 7' x 7'. We'll take the nominal area to be 35 square feet. It might be 25 square feet and it might be 50. I think if you find that "35 square foot special spot" the chest is yours. I also think it is possible that you can be within 7' (and perhaps even closer) of the special spot and not realize it. I don't have any thoughts on whether he had a <i>super special 10" x 10" spot</i> within the 35 square foot "special spot". ANyway all of this gibberish is predicated on my solution to the poem and probably has little bearing on other's solutions.
10-31-2013, 01:17 PM,
The BLAZE
What state do you live in Jason?
10-31-2013, 01:25 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from John Brown on October 31, 2013, 12:46 pm</b>
<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on October 31, 2013, 11:58 am</b>

we all know, there is a span of decades within which Forrest (and one other person) came across this special place.
</div>

That's the first I'd heard about it.</div>
</div>

The question of when Forrest first knew of this special "spot", area, location, etc. has been brought up before. The possibility of "when" could be over 4 decades, from his youth to when he got cancer at the age of 58. The possibility of there being one other person who found it with him, as mentioned on page 153 of TTOTC, also brings a number of people to mind - his Dad, Skippy, Donnie, or someone we have never read about. That was the intent of my comment, nothing more.
10-31-2013, 02:00 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on October 31, 2013, 2:25 pm</b>
<b>Quote from John Brown on October 31, 2013, 12:46 pm</b>
<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on October 31, 2013, 11:58 am</b>

we all know, there is a span of decades within which Forrest (and one other person) came across this special place.
</div>

That's the first I'd heard about it.</div>
</div>

The question of when Forrest first knew of this special "spot", area, location, etc. has been brought up before. The possibility of "when" could be over 4 decades, from his youth to when he got cancer at the age of 58. The possibility of there being one other person who found it with him, as mentioned on page 153 of TTOTC, also brings a number of people to mind - his Dad, Skippy, Donnie, or someone we have never read about. That was the intent of my comment, nothing more.</div>
</div>

No wonder I didn't know about. My book stops at page 148!
10-31-2013, 02:12 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from Jason on October 31, 2013, 2:21 pm</b>
<b>Quote from John Brown on October 31, 2013, 2:17 pm</b>

What state do you live in Jason?
</div>

The Corn State...

...Iowa</div>
</div>

WHy don't you e-mail me? homeofbrown google
11-18-2013, 11:27 AM,
The BLAZE
There is is.

[Image: u83d3-IMG_0249.JPG]
11-18-2013, 06:29 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 18, 2013, 11:27 am</b>

There is is.
</div>

That's a good suggestion. If I recall correctly it was set on fire before Mr. Fenn placed the treasure chest. Did you look quickly down?
11-18-2013, 06:36 PM,
The BLAZE
Also, did you see any of our missing cows?