Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The BLAZE
11-18-2013, 06:44 PM,
The BLAZE

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Desertphile on November 18, 2013, 6:36 pm</b>

Also, did you see any of our missing cows?
</div>

white with black spots? I saw 'em.
11-18-2013, 07:16 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from Jason on November 18, 2013, 7:08 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Desertphile on November 18, 2013, 6:29 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from John Brown on November 18, 2013, 11:27 am</b>

There is is.
</div>

That's a good suggestion. If I recall correctly it was set on fire before Mr. Fenn placed the treasure chest. Did you look quickly down?</div>
</div>

It was "SET ON FIRE"?? That statement suggests that the place was burned intentionally. What was it? A home? A shed?

And why wasn't a hole dug and the thing buried after the intentional destruction? Who owns this parcel? Unusual that the place was burned down and left in its current condition.... "Here" an old farmhouse that was burned down would have been buried or hauled off to the dump.

Also to John, what was "quickly down" from this place? Inquiring minds want to know!!</div>
</div>

If your questions were answered then you would know where John Brown is looking, and you could rush there and get the treasure chest before he does. You wouldn't want to do that to him, right? :-)
11-18-2013, 07:52 PM,
The BLAZE
? I thought every searcher knew about this little ol' blaze on 96. I ain't lookin' there! That'd be like looking on the Cimarron. Here's the funny story about the Cimarron. My first day searching? THe one where I hadn't paid any attention to the whole thing? Battleship Rock up to Hemish Falls and back to Battleship Rock? The entire area was overrun by people. Everybody that spoke to me, that asked "how're ya doin'" or whatever? I'd tell 'em "I'm looking for a pot full of gold but I can't find it." You know what they said? "It's up on the Cimarron." I kid you not. I'm like "waddaya mean on the Cimarron?" They'd say "there's a bird's nest in the book". Me: "so?" Them: "Like in eagle's nest". Me: "groan." It was hilarious though.
11-18-2013, 08:35 PM,
The BLAZE

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 18, 2013, 7:52 pm</b>

? I thought every searcher knew about this little ol' blaze on 96. I ain't lookin' there! That'd be like looking on the Cimarron. Here's the funny story about the Cimarron. My first day searching? THe one where I hadn't paid any attention to the whole thing? Battleship Rock up to Hemish Falls and back to Battleship Rock? The entire area was overrun by people. Everybody that spoke to me, that asked "how're ya doin'" or whatever? I'd tell 'em "I'm looking for a pot full of gold but I can't find it." You know what they said? "It's up on the Cimarron." I kid you not. I'm like "waddaya mean on the Cimarron?" They'd say "there's a bird's nest in the book". Me: "so?" Them: "Like in eagle's nest". Me: "groan." It was hilarious though.
</div>

LOL! Now that is funny!

mdavis19
11-19-2013, 03:06 PM,
The BLAZE
Hi pidmt, Yes, I think someone will get close again for the same reason a couple others have, something about this spot draws searchers, but then the spot is quickly dismissed for what ever reason, like the spot doesn't fit the poem. We know that thousands of people have searched, yet this place has had few visits by searchers.
11-19-2013, 08:53 PM,
The BLAZE
Ah ha! My point exactly in an earlier post. I think the location is not one that most searchers would think would be probable. The more I think about it, the more I like the idea. It doesn't necessarily have to be a picnic area or parking lot. It could be behind a pay phone, lol . Why not? I actually find it hard to believe that it is hidden in such a remote area.