Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone in October
10-20-2013, 01:54 AM,
Yellowstone in October
JCM,

wondering where the pic of the gentleman fly fish was exactly on the Madison river. Is that near the Missouri Flats? Also did you happen to get a pic of the sign in the photo? if so would be interested in seeing it. Thanks
10-20-2013, 08:19 AM,
Yellowstone in October
Thanks for sharing jcm. My husband and I were there in the Spring, before the crowds (except the bison traffic jams) and loved every minute. For me, retired and kids long grown, traveling in the off-season is much better (cheaper too for rooms!).
10-20-2013, 09:06 AM,
Yellowstone in October
Last time i was there I saw the same thing. PS my money was on the Buffalo

10-20-2013, 09:51 AM,
Yellowstone in October
JCM,

wondering where the pic of the gentleman fly fish was exactly on the Madison river. Is that near the Missouri Flats? Also did you happen to get a pic of the sign in the photo? if so would be interested in seeing it. Thanks
10-20-2013, 01:30 PM,
Yellowstone in October
@jcm:

Really enjoyed your story and pictures…….Fall is a special time in the mountains.
10-20-2013, 03:09 PM,
Yellowstone in October

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on October 20, 2013, 10:51 am</b>

JCM,

</div>

The picture was taken at one of the pullouts along the road, I was stuck behind some slow cars who were apparently enjoying the view too much and going 10 mph under the speed limit (I like the views, but I also like going at minimum the speed limit if you know what I mean); figured if they weren't going to use the pullout and let us by, then I would stop and get some pictures because it was just that spectacular. If you look at a map, Harlequin Lake is on the other side of the road from the pullout if I remember correctly. Didn't get any pictures of the sign, sorry; but for $100 I would be more than thrilled to go back and get pictures of it and any others you would like! Smile
10-20-2013, 03:13 PM,
Yellowstone in October
Hauntingly beautiful places there.
10-20-2013, 04:12 PM,
Yellowstone in October
Thanks everyone for the compliments. Here are two other pictures from our wanderings. One where we were mostly lost in the wood where snow from an earlier storm hadn't all melted off and the second, a stump that we found where we had to tarry scant with marvel gaze... it was like someone had just dropped it there. It must have been from the '88 fires, but it was the only tree in the area that had been cut with a chainsaw, and whatever had been cut off had been removed from the area.

See next page for photos... problem with them uploading.
10-20-2013, 04:16 PM,
Yellowstone in October

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jcm on October 20, 2013, 5:12 pm</b>

Thanks everyone for the compliments. Here are two other pictures from our wanderings. One where we were mostly lost in the wood where snow from an earlier storm hadn't all melted off and the second, a stump that we found where we had to tarry scant with marvel gaze... it was like someone had just dropped it there. It must have been from the '88 fires, but it was the only tree in the area that had been cut with a chainsaw, and whatever had been cut off had been removed from the area.
</div>

Photos didn't upload correctly, so let's try again...

[Image: 6e4x2-snowtrees.JPG]

[Image: 2g4qu-TSWMG.JPG]