Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets focus...
06-18-2016, 11:03 PM,
RE: Lets focus...
(06-18-2016, 10:43 PM)mdavis19 Wrote: Bingo on the wild goose chases. Pay attention to what Fenn tells people and their reactions to it. He is playing games with people and sending them off to all points of the compass. TTOTC does that on an industrial scale. Maybe he didn't intend that (hard to believe but possible I guess), but that is the result. No two people read that book the same way. It sends people off every which way. Is the book useless? Maybe only to searchers. It seems to be fulfilling Fenn's plans for it of making him famous, and producing donations for his favorite cancer research charity. Never forget that Fenn's plans might not necessarily mesh with ours, or that his statements might be more marketing than hinting.

It is possible to find context in the poem without the book. I've had lots on non-book ideas. My latest idea is pretty cool. Never would have thought of it with my nose in TTOTC. There is a place in the Rocky Mountains north of Santa Fe that every redneck Texan of a certain age is at least passingly familiar with. And with a little imagination, it's name can be interpreted as where warm waters halt. Looking at the bigger picture, it is located in an area that is head-slappingly obvious as a place to look for treasure. So it satisfies both his straight-forward statement, and his when you find it you will wonder what took so long statement. It will be the starting point for my next BOTG recon trip. Not going to brag in advance about going to recover the treasure like some. I may have the first two clues figured out (or not), but I am convinced the other seven need to be solved on the ground. That may take years even if I am in the right starting spot. I expect this to be difficult to the very end. Like I've said so many times, Fenn expects us to earn this.

mdavis19

You may well be right. First thing that comes to mind when I think of Texas are Cowboys (even ignoring football) and north east NM is famous for being cowboy country:

http://www.newmexico.org/regions/northeast/

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
06-18-2016, 11:37 PM,
The easiest poem to write in a search like this would be one that is impossible or nearly impossible to solve. Childs play.

It would also be extremely easy to write a poem that could be solved very quickly.

It would be a great challenge to write a poem that is intended to be solved in a reasonable or intended length of time, for instance, before a person in his eighties who designed the search dies. This would logically be an extreme challenge for someone with no prior experience as a huntsetter writing a poem to be solved to find a treasure, with precious little to gauge exactly how difficult the poem is before the fact (and it being so intimate to him), and it is untestable, or in other words, only testable by the actuality of the poem and the search that is currently under way.
We are the test. We are the experiment...

Who thinks that this poem/search is either intentionally, or unintentionally, close to being impossible to solve, especially in light of an author who claims to be ambivalent about the the poem being solved and the treasure located?

Halogetter
06-19-2016, 12:20 AM,
Well, I had fun tonight. I hope I was able to help out a little without giving everything away.

I just put a movie on " A Beautiful Mind". See it so many times. Good night.
06-19-2016, 11:15 AM,
I promise you

you don't need to know f to solve the clues

you don't even need to have read TTOTC to solve the clues
06-19-2016, 12:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2016, 12:02 PM by romeofoxtrot.)
(06-19-2016, 11:15 AM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: I promise you

you don't need to know f to solve the clues

you don't even need to have read TTOTC to solve the clues
Let me ask you...What will be your opinion when the next time you search, you come up empty-handed?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Lightbulb Tight focus with a word that is key delayah 55 26,615 09-14-2019, 09:26 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  lets go on a hike zombiecupkake 4 1,633 02-22-2019, 05:56 PM
Last Post: lingerlonger
  lets refocus zombiecupkake 10 2,204 01-25-2019, 08:12 AM
Last Post: zombiecupkake
  Lets KEEP it REAL! finditkeepit 19 7,974 08-12-2018, 03:44 PM
Last Post: paulb
  Lets Assume. .. SidnCharley 578 250,727 06-17-2018, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  tight focus lostowl 3 2,634 05-31-2017, 05:18 AM
Last Post: lostowl