Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4 Clues? Maybe 5?
06-18-2016, 08:04 PM,
4 Clues? Maybe 5?
It was mentioned that Fenn looked up every word in the poem. He is a proven wordsmith twisting every word or meaning. I cannot find any postings or quotes that the 4 maybe 5 clues have been tied to a single person or event. One person may have correctly mentioned HoB another wtwwh. Is there any mention of them being consecutive? So with that, it could be any number of searchers that have correctly mentioned any combination of the 1, 2, 3, 4, clues maybe 5.

My thinking is that they were mentioned in passing and not tied to a solve. For an example: my family rented an RV and went on a great road trip starting in Yellowstone, we stayed at Grand Teton 2 nights, Canyon camp ground another night, we eventually made our way through Yellowstone down to Colorado Springs...blah blah mentioning other stops along the way.
06-18-2016, 10:17 PM,
RE: 4 Clues? Maybe 5?
(06-18-2016, 08:04 PM)DontSplashThePot Wrote: It was mentioned that Fenn looked up every word in the poem. He is a proven wordsmith twisting every word or meaning. I cannot find any postings or quotes that the 4 maybe 5 clues have been tied to a single person or event. One person may have correctly mentioned HoB another wtwwh. Is there any mention of them being consecutive? So with that, it could be any number of searchers that have correctly mentioned any combination of the 1, 2, 3, 4, clues maybe 5.

My thinking is that they were mentioned in passing and not tied to a solve. For an example: my family rented an RV and went on a great road trip starting in Yellowstone, we stayed at Grand Teton 2 nights, Canyon camp ground another night, we eventually made our way through Yellowstone down to Colorado Springs...blah blah mentioning other stops along the way.
Dude, people were within 200ft. They got a few things right. Not near a human trail, less than a few miles from the parking spot. It was no coincidence. It's not going to be some busy place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-18-2016, 10:30 PM,
(06-18-2016, 10:17 PM)decall Wrote:
(06-18-2016, 08:04 PM)DontSplashThePot Wrote: It was mentioned that Fenn looked up every word in the poem. He is a proven wordsmith twisting every word or meaning. I cannot find any postings or quotes that the 4 maybe 5 clues have been tied to a single person or event. One person may have correctly mentioned HoB another wtwwh. Is there any mention of them being consecutive? So with that, it could be any number of searchers that have correctly mentioned any combination of the 1, 2, 3, 4, clues maybe 5.

Dude, people were within 200ft. They got a few things right. Not near a human trail, less than a few miles from the parking spot. It was no coincidence. It's not going to be some busy place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

You picked up on part of what I was getting at...so it takes 4 clues maybe 5 to solve the last 200 feet?????
06-18-2016, 10:53 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-18-2016, 10:54 PM by decall.)
My contention is different than many here. I believe the first line is the first clue AND "in there" is where the tc is.... So if you only have the first 2 (or 4) clues, you have the poem solved. Fenn can't say people have it solved for many reasons as we can imagine.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-19-2016, 11:27 AM,
f only knows how many clues someone has solved because that someone has decided to tell him or show him.

however that person could have solved all 9 but just explained or showed f upto clue 5. f then doesnt know (although he could guess as he understands the poem) at whether the solver has solved more or whether they are stuck at clue 5.

just because f says someone has solved upto 5 DOESNT mean whatsoever that someone hasnt solved the lot.....it just may mean that someone has chosen to reveal to f what they choose to reveal.
06-19-2016, 11:52 AM,

The poem is a journey ! Each of the lines and clues describe waypoints along the path that will lead you to the final destination. You will and can see every aspect of the poem as you continue along your path. If you find the place you will understand why it is so special to Forrest. . All the braniac ciphers and all the decoding Etc will not help you . Recognition of the place corresponding with the journey to the poem is the only way. I think it would be safe to say if the person that has 5 figured out knows the rest really well!!
06-19-2016, 11:56 AM,
"brainiac ciphers" -- no joke! Speaking of no joke...