Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New article on the chase
06-19-2016, 01:06 PM,
RE: New article on the chase
If I were you I would do an image search on Ricky's photo and find out where else it's been used. LOL
Sorry, just stating the obvious.
Shhh they aren't listening.
06-19-2016, 01:37 PM,
(06-19-2016, 11:18 AM)JamLady Wrote:
(06-19-2016, 11:10 AM)Hank Wrote: Tells me the walk from his car was fairly short and quite flat...

Now we are getting somewhere.

He isn't saying there aren't elevation changes, but he directly says he will not go into a canyon, climb out, and do it again.

Does that mean there are no canyons between where he parked his car and where he hid the chest? If he didn't travel in and out of a canyon, I would have to say that is exactly what it means.

Agree or Disagree, and why?
All I hear him saying is he wasnt walking in the canyon. He walked after "take it in the canyon down". Which would imply he was driving in the canyon, since he parked to make the two trips walking to hide the chest.
06-19-2016, 03:05 PM,
(06-19-2016, 11:10 AM)Hank Wrote: Tells me the walk from his car was fairly short and quite flat...
And QUICK
06-19-2016, 03:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2016, 03:19 PM by HarryFool.)

He isn't saying there aren't elevation changes, but he directly says he will not go into a canyon, climb out, and do it again.

Does that mean there are no canyons between where he parked his car and where he hid the chest? If he didn't travel in and out of a canyon, I would have to say that is exactly what it means.

Two possibilities spring to mind given the high probability the spot is either close to or overlooking water:

1) He drove and parked his car in a canyon (IMO) rather than walked in and out of one.

2) Chest is near the top of mountain facing the river in the canyon.

As for walking distance and proximity to a road, it should be obvious its less than a mile but it won't be close either as that would risk discovery while planting it. Im going for approx 1/2 mile from a road.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
06-19-2016, 03:23 PM,
(06-19-2016, 11:42 AM)Hank Wrote: I think he went into a canyon, at least a named-on-a-map canyon, but I'm looking at the kind that are large and created by a millennia of ice and water moving in a downward direction, the kind that are 2 miles wide at the entry points. There are probably a few of those in the rockies, and I bet some of those have roads - specifically dirt roads - leading to a place to continue on by foot...a special place that others could arrive at, not knowing the significance of it...

right there ,right now Hank almost nailed it to a tee,page 119 tftw fenn brings to our attention in the last paragraph that the space between buildings are in fact canyons ,i am not saying it is in between two buildings ,i am bringing your attn to Hanks post and fenns quote.Dirt road very important
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
06-19-2016, 04:00 PM,
(06-19-2016, 03:15 PM)HarryFool Wrote:

Two possibilities spring to mind given the high probability the spot is either close to or overlooking water:

1) He drove and parked his car in a canyon (IMO) rather than walked in and out of one.

2) Chest is near the top of mountain facing the river in the canyon.

As for walking distance and proximity to a road, it should be obvious its less than a mile but it won't be close either as that would risk discovery while planting it. Im going for approx 1/2 mile from a road.

And that goes along with -- "The treasure is not on top of a mountain…… (but may be close to the top)".

The "road" could be paved or dirt. You go off into the brush/trees more than 20 feet, much less 1/2 mile or 200 feet, in some places, and away from a road or trail, .....it can be very difficult to see someone. I'd wanna either go somewhere though to blend in, but not too busy or completely away from people. But gotta be on the right type of land as well. He also said, although some continue to figure out the first two clues, "others arrive there and don't understand the significance of where they are." If reading in the correct context, then why are these other people "arriving" there?

He said to use our IMAGINATION. And that would play a major part in solving it. He also said that one couldn't get any closer than the first 2 clues without being there. So >if< that "imagination" comes into play after the first two clues, then perhaps that IS a "key" that is being missed? Something that cannot be researched per se or looked up. Have to be there to figure it out and draw upon your own imagination with what you know.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
06-19-2016, 04:59 PM,
(06-19-2016, 04:19 PM)Seannm Wrote: "they didn't understand the significance of where they were". So what makes the area they were in significant, the fact that the treasure is there close by or something else completely. Would Forrest be that shallow to believe that his treasure makes an area significant, I think not. Remember this place is special, dear and fond to Forrest so it is logical to me that the area must be significant in some what that we don't yet clearly understand.

"Significant" in some other way? Maybe, maybe not.

Could be just 'special' to him and that's it. Doesn't have to have any other import.

There are thousands of people searching for it. Sure that makes the place "significant", whether he says so or not or whether we think it does or not. I mean, it sure makes it significant to us as searchers, doesn't it, no matter where it's at? We are looking for it. It means a lot. I mean, if it were out in some no consequential place in the desert, THE TREASURE would still make the place significant and it would still be 'special' to him for whatever reason, right? Or, if you went out off some trail somewhere and the area didn't have any other known history or significance and it just so happens I put a chest full of gold there and YOU didn't know about it, .....it would still make that place important. Without history, without stories and events, .....places are just that, ......places. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
06-19-2016, 07:54 PM,
(06-19-2016, 07:47 PM)Itch my cache Wrote: I thought with all these responses I would have read something useful

In 3 years of reading this site I think I've read two comments that I consider useful in terms of being helpful finding the chest. There're all sorts of little nuggets of wisdom that have been helpful in simply living my life from day to day.
06-19-2016, 08:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-19-2016, 08:39 PM by Project Why.)
(06-19-2016, 07:47 PM)Itch my cache Wrote: I thought with all these responses I would have read something useful

You won't find, excuse me, know, anything >useful< til you find it. Now go find it.

(06-19-2016, 07:54 PM)John Brown Wrote:

In 3 years of reading this site I think I've read two comments that I consider useful in terms of being helpful finding the chest. There're all sorts of little nuggets of wisdom that have been helpful in simply living my life from day to day.

I think I've gained more weight since the chase began. I used to get out more. Now I'm stuck at a f%*** computer screen. How ironic. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Amtrak article publicly compromises the chase, imo. Bet 24 5,801 04-17-2018, 07:43 AM
Last Post: Bet
  New Vox Article on the Chase crustacean 22 5,024 03-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Last Post: decall