Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A constellation find...
06-22-2016, 11:49 PM,
A constellation find...
http://www.grizzlytimes.org/?fb_comment_...60dd7494e1

Quote:Stars and the heavens capture our imagination this season. No constellation is more famous than the Big Dipper, which is also known as Ursa Major, the Great Bear. In French, Grande Ourse. Italian, Ursa Maggiore. German, Grosse Bar. Ursa Major and its neighbor Ursa Minor, the Lesser or Little Bear, are the first two constellations listed in the earliest star catalogues.

Ancient peoples saw bears in these constellations, creating stories that varied widely throughout the Northern Hemisphere – the result of long nights of star gazing. The Big Dipper points to the North Star in Ursa Minor, and never sinks below the horizon at night.

Like bears that have long been seen as guides and teachers, these constellations provide literal direction.

Some Native American people saw the bowl of the Big Dipper as the body of a bear, and the three stars of the handle as her cubs. The Big Dipper has been interpreted as a bear lying on its back in winter. Crawling from its den in spring. Standing on its hind legs in summer. Tracking the seasons in its changing position in the night sky.
06-24-2016, 12:24 AM,
RE: A constellation find...
Maybe the reason he can't say when he hid it is it's in the stars. Hob could be go north.
06-24-2016, 03:40 AM,
My endless search idea had to do with stories passed down through time from father to son , and carried in the constellations. It's how knowledge was shared before there was writing. If you look at lore of many cultures they all share certain characters, or ideas. Compare the folklore of the different Indian tribes and you will see it. Then look wider into other countries. It's always there. So Forrest wrote a poem. He became a legend , and some of us believe he tied it to the stars.
Shhh they aren't listening.
06-24-2016, 08:14 AM,
(06-24-2016, 03:40 AM)deb Wrote: My endless search idea had to do with stories passed down through time from father to son , and carried in the constellations. It's how knowledge was shared before there was writing. If you look at lore of many cultures they all share certain characters, or ideas. Compare the folklore of the different Indian tribes and you will see it. Then look wider into other countries. It's always there. So Forrest wrote a poem. He became a legend , and some of us believe he tied it to the stars.
Deb that reminds me of a lesson that my 2ND grade teacher taught our class about rumors ,she lined all 26 of us up in a line gave the 1st kid a note that said the bread is wheat,thats all it said then she said whisper to the 2nd kid the same thing then the 3rd all the way to the last kid .then she ask the kid at the end what was the message,believe it that kid said my sandwich is peanut butter and jelly,i could not believe it,then she explained dont believe every thing you hear ,this may not have anything to do with your post,but in a way your post brought back a fond memory,and an important lesson,thanks
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
06-24-2016, 09:36 AM,
Yep, and in the book also. The Rockwell illustration modified for his book....
Shhh they aren't listening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  To find Fenn's Treasure You must find his Totem Canyon First! ItsAllMine 22 12,220 01-04-2017, 06:26 PM
Last Post: imsunbuddynow