Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you don't think words are important....
06-24-2016, 03:58 PM,
You might want to reconsider...(when reading these, pay extra attention to the words "subject" and "object." Also notice where he says how important context is.) This is only a partial sampling, and all of these quotes are from Jenny's site.

***6/29/14. There is poetry for all occasions and sometimes I startle even myself with words that I can remember. As we all know, words can both sooth and alarm your pulse, and that’s what makes it so interesting.f

***6/26/14: I don’t use dictionaries anymore. I just type the word in Google for a faster response. It’s fun to make up words and play with different spellings. When someone calls me out after noticing the corruption of a word I use, I just smile, especially when I say something that in my mind is correct but in an academic sense it’s a horrible malfunction.

For instance, emblazoned upon some of the bronze bells I’ve buried are the words, “Imagination is more important than knowlege.” If I had spelled that last word correctly it would not have had the profundity of meaning I wanted. To misspell the word emphasized my point that having knowledge is, in fact, not as important as being resourceful. Also, when I make a mistake through ignorance that ploy gives me a degree of deniability that I routinely need.

Now I will test you Wordsmith. Write down the full definition of the word “several.” Then Google it and learn that many of us don’t fully understand some of the words we use every day.f

***Question posted 5/27/2014:

Forrest,
When creating the hunt, was there any serendipity involved? Did you find that things just clicked together somehow? ~ Shaun

Shaun,
Serendipity: An aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

The word carries several connotations Shaun, and I don’t think it works for me in the context you mentioned.

***Dear Forrest,

You had mentioned that melding iron and bronze is difficult to do. Would you explain a bit of the process on how it can be done and what makes them hard to marry?

Thanks so much, Jenny

Jenny, I like your use of the word melding instead of welding. Some would have used the latter in this context, which would have been incorrect, although debatable in some classrooms. I probably would not have thought to use your word, which is accurate, but arguable by those who are naturally bent to disagree.

Here is my take on the subject, and I offer it hoping no one will research my opinion. If I’m wrong please don’t tell me because I’m too old to change my mind.f

***Dear Forrest,

What do you feel was your best source for gaining knowledge about the Indian lifestyle? ~ sasquatch

Well, sasquatch (you must be Bigfoot)

The best way for me to learn is to select an Indian-made object or a subject, and research it on the internet. There is so much information out there today that one can become knowledgeable in just a few minutes.

***Forrest, You said you made two trips from your car to hide the treasure. Besides walking, did you use any other methods of transportation to get back and forth between the car and the hide? Thanks, Edgar

Edgar, your wording of the question prompts me to pause and wonder if I can answer it candidly, yet correctly. Were all the evidence truly known, and I answered in the positive, you might say I was prevaricating, by some definitions of the word. And if I answered in the negative, you may claim that I was quibbling. So I will stay quiet on that subject. Thanks for the question anyway. f

***The treasure is not hidden in a dangerous place in the normal definition of the word, realizing that there probably is no place on this planet that is safe under all conditions.

***Forrest has been so generous and awesome with answering questions from searchers. Now it is his turn! He has requested one to be asked of you all and he is curious and keen to learn the answers.

It is as follows:

If you could know everything there is to know about one SUBJECT, which SUBJECT would you choose, and why? Give it some thought before you answer. f

Mindy: I think the reason why he says to give it some thought is because he wants you to pick a SUBJECT (part of speech) from the poem. I think most of us blew our chance to reply with a well thought out reply...

***It is interesting to know that a great number of people are out there searching. Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. The treasure may be discovered sooner than I anticipated.

***It is fun to arrange words in such a way that you have to smile at the end of a sentence.

***Autobiographers always lean toward the subject.

***Dear Forrest, You collect many artifacts, and it seems they quietly impress upon you to study them and then tell their stories. Do you have a favorite story/history of an artifact?~ j

Sure I do. One such object is a “slick,” a word used here as a noun. It’s a term that’s largely unknown, even to historians.

***Try I must in hopes ff will answer… Mr. Fenn, The “Treasure Chest filled with Gold” and the “Title to the Gold”. The “Chest” and the “Title”, are these 2 separated objects? ~Mr. T . No, Mr. T. f

The next two questions were posted on the same day. Both use the word "aberration." So replace the word aberration in the first with the definition from the second...

***Question posted 7/1/2014:

Mr. Fenn: In the past when you have said that several people had figured out the first two clues and then went right past the other clues, would you say that they got lucky and just happened to go to the correct starting area, not fully understanding the poem, or would you say that they did indeed solve the first two clues by understanding the poem and clues? C

Searchers have routinely revealed where they think the treasure was hidden and walked me through the process that took them on that course. That’s how I know a few have identified the first two clues. Although others were at the starting point I think their arrival was an aberration and they were oblivious to its connection with the poem. Playing a hunch is not worth much in the search and those who start out by looking for the blaze, are wasting their time.f

***7/1/2014 In your dictionary, what’s an aberration? ~Serge Teteblanche

I don’t have a dictionary but my personal definition is “Something different.” I like that word.

When I was a kid there was a commonly used word. Crean, and it described the condition a car could get into when it ran into a ditch and the frame twisted a little, preventing the doors from opening. Modern autos are more sturdy so I guess that word was retired. I can’t find it anywhere now.f

WORDS, WORD MEANINGS, AND PARTS OF SPEECH ARE IMPORTANT! Punctuation is ONLY important because it will tell you how a word is used in a sentence (noun, verb, etc...)
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
06-24-2016, 05:18 PM,
RE: If you don't think words are important....
(I have to type more or it won't let me post)(crazy huh)
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
06-24-2016, 05:26 PM,
I think he buried the bells near college or school campuses. That would give a certain profundity of the phrase, and the way he thinks about school, it'd be the perfect statement to bury them nearby...

06-24-2016, 06:43 PM,
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tête_Blanche
06-24-2016, 09:29 PM,
Thank you and you're welcome, bone digger. Over the next couple days, I'll be posting some of the more compelling word meanings I've found. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

06-24-2016, 09:32 PM,
Really interesting information. What I don't get is the wording in the Q&A.

Try I must in hopes ff will answer…

Mr. Fenn,
The “Treasure Chest filled with Gold” and the “Title to the Gold”.

The “Chest” and the “Title”, are these 2 separated objects? ~Mr. T

No, Mr. T. f
06-24-2016, 09:46 PM,
(06-24-2016, 09:32 PM)geydelkon Wrote: Really interesting information. What I don't get is the wording in the Q&A.

Try I must in hopes ff will answer…

Mr. Fenn,
The “Treasure Chest filled with Gold” and the “Title to the Gold”.

The “Chest” and the “Title”, are these 2 separated objects? ~Mr. T

No, Mr. T. f

Would make sense if there is a "title" included in the chest. Therefore, not separated.
06-25-2016, 08:53 AM,
I actually found that punctuation has its own meanings. Like, the commas can signify turns (which is true in my solution) and the semicolon represents crossing a border of some kind (this was not my theory, this was someone else's, but it absolutely applies to my solution).

I think the punctuation is every bit as important as the words, and has just as many potential meanings. Be careful about taking ANYTHING at face value in the poem.

But, I think I see what you are getting at. Forrest likes to use words in ways that confuse people.
06-25-2016, 08:59 AM,
(06-25-2016, 08:53 AM)JamLady Wrote: I actually found that punctuation has its own meanings. Like, the commas can signify turns (which is true in my solution) and the semicolon represents crossing a border of some kind (this was not my theory, this was someone else's, but it absolutely applies to my solution).

I think the punctuation is every bit as important as the words, and has just as many potential meanings. Be careful about taking ANYTHING at face value in the poem.

But, I think I see what you are getting at. Forrest likes to use words in ways that confuse people.

Jamlady.....Mindy got the punctuation ideas and what they mean from Fenn himself.....of course we will never know if she is telling us the truth about what he said. Hey, Mindy why don't you post that email....so we can level the playing field.
06-25-2016, 09:03 AM,
(06-25-2016, 08:59 AM)Bet Wrote:
(06-25-2016, 08:53 AM)JamLady Wrote: I actually found that punctuation has its own meanings. Like, the commas can signify turns (which is true in my solution) and the semicolon represents crossing a border of some kind (this was not my theory, this was someone else's, but it absolutely applies to my solution).

Jamlady.....Mindy got the punctuation ideas and what they mean from Fenn himself.....of course we will never know if she is telling us the truth about what he said. Hey, Mindy why don't you post that email....so we can level the playing field.

I thought I already did a long time ago?

Anyway, I had the same idea about the punctuation meanings. Like the exclamation point might've been the blaze, as it originated as a "lightning bolt going from right to left" (or left to right, I can't remember).

I'll dig up email and post again.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Most Important Words From Forrest: 5GIRLS 29 17,912 03-16-2017, 09:36 PM
Last Post: Timraywa