Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
79/80 year old hikers
06-26-2016, 02:31 PM,
79/80 year old hikers
Here is a thought for some of you low altitude readers.

I live in an area whose homes are at an altitude ranging from 5,000 to 8,000 feet, I personally am at just a bit over 7,000 feet.

We have an extremely large and active group of people ranging from their 50’s to late 80’s who regularly (often several times a week) hike in these mountains. A day’s hike might include a 5 to 7 mile round trip with an additional 2,000 to 3,000 feet of altitude gain and yes they are carrying backpacks with food, water and their 10 essentials.

I can also talk about winter back country snowshoeing and skiing.

The hikers generally separate themselves into groups based on how fast they want to go.

My point is that Santa Fe is at an altitude of 7000 feet and ff’s ability should not be underestimated.

Goldie
06-26-2016, 02:34 PM,
RE: 79/80 year old hikers
(06-26-2016, 02:31 PM)Golddustpeak Wrote: Here is a thought for some of you low altitude readers.

I live in an area whose homes are at an altitude ranging from 5,000 to 8,000 feet, I personally am at just a bit over 7,000 feet.

We have an extremely large and active group of people ranging from their 50’s to late 80’s who regularly (often several times a week) hike in these mountains. A day’s hike might include a 5 to 7 mile round trip with an additional 2,000 to 3,000 feet of altitude gain and yes they are carrying backpacks with food, water and their 10 essentials.

I can also talk about winter back country snowshoeing and skiing.

The hikers generally separate themselves into groups based on how fast they want to go.

My point is that Santa Fe is at an altitude of 7000 feet and ff’s ability should not be underestimated.

Goldie

Having your inferior vena cava embedded with a hateful chewing malignancy is a very big deal. Forrest parks in the handicapped spots when he goes to eat.