Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A rational take on the box
07-08-2016, 07:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 07:37 PM by Project Why.)
RE: A rational take on the box
LMF^**AO!! Smile

Carry on PL........ We need a little reverse polarity every now and then. The voices in the echo chamber were starting to veer off in ONLY one direction and becoming chaotic and divergent!! Maybe this will help pull us back towards the middle. Beware of those on the other side though, ........they tend to not take things for what they are...............

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-08-2016, 09:24 PM,
(07-08-2016, 07:23 PM)PL289 Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 07:13 PM)Project Why Wrote: Yeah, I don't know about all of that, but it sure must suck for all those who hang on his every word and wait for these weekly words, only to get nothing of any value. He must really like Jenny. Smile

He just likes having his ass kissed.

The first sign of narcissistic behavior is you've surrounded yourself with people who think you can do no wrong and spend every waking hour making you feel special so as not to bring on the wrath. Haha. Sound like anyone you know...err, have read about?

So I'm watching a true crime show on TV about a fake Hindu swami who ran a bogus temple in Texas and conned a bunch of new-age types into believing he was God on Earth. They kissed his feet (really), and hung on his every word, and fulfilled his every whim. He abused their children for years. The adults refused to believe the kids, and punished them for speaking against their beloved guru. Eventually some of the girls came of age, escaped the temple, and went to the police. The adults all still rallied around him and even helped him escape the country, even after he was convicted of raping their kids.

So after watching this show, I read PL's post. Except for the child abuse, the parallels are striking. Fenn has tapped into the same screwy instincts in people as that fake swami did. Welcome to the cult of Fenn.

mdavis19
07-08-2016, 09:53 PM,
(07-07-2016, 10:44 PM)Doc Wrote: Three points:

1. How in the name of Christ Almighty does someone manage to cram that much information into such a tiny space?

2. I had things to do this evening. Important Things, I'm sure. But no....I had to click on this god-forsaken topic, and it's worse than catnip.

3. What I'm seeing B E G G A R S----B E L I E F.

It. Just. Ain't. Possible.

I've decided to locate some of the medications I give my patients who see little green men, take some, and go to bed.

Doc

PS--COPIOUS amounts. Lots.

PPS-- Smile

Lol, Doc
07-08-2016, 10:13 PM,
(07-08-2016, 09:24 PM)mdavis19 Wrote: So I'm watching a true crime show on TV about a fake Hindu swami who ran a bogus temple in Texas and conned a bunch of new-age types into believing he was God on Earth. They kissed his feet (really), and hung on his every word, and fulfilled his every whim. He abused their children for years. The adults refused to believe the kids, and punished them for speaking against their beloved guru. Eventually some of the girls came of age, escaped the temple, and went to the police. The adults all still rallied around him and even helped him escape the country, even after he was convicted of raping their kids.

So after watching this show, I read PL's post. Except for the child abuse, the parallels are striking. Fenn has tapped into the same screwy instincts in people as that fake swami did. Welcome to the cult of Fenn.

mdavis19

You talking about the Bagwan shree rajneesh (sp?) He was a first class piece of shit.
07-08-2016, 11:11 PM,
Heck, I get grilled all the time by friends and family who can't understand, for the life of them, how this is still going on after 6 years or who in their right minds would actually believe in it?? That or they don't comprehend why he made it pretty much impossible to find when he has so much already? "Why did he even put it out there in the first place" .....they ask? They don't think he wants it found. And that he's just entertaining himself. So, .....I don't usually bring up the subject anymore.

But I still get asked all the time: "Has anyone found it yet"? .....Nope.

MOST people don't have time for this sort of thing, nor do they care. They're busy working and taking care of their families. Very few people have time to waste on a bunch of games and nonsense from some rich old fart who could probably care less or who perhaps did it mainly for himself or doesn't want it found.

I guess I'm just a romantic at heart and believer in things. Smile Oh well...... Why not? I mean, could I actually be out hiking and exploring or living life like everyone else, instead of here at the computer trying to solve it from home? Sure. But then I wouldn't have gained all this weight. No, .....I choose to do it!! Smile

Don't worry ff. I believe in you!! Even if you truly don't give a s%^**!! Your weekly words of wisdom are cotton candy for my brain, but satisfaction to your ego. So keep it coming. Until then, we'll all stick our lighters in the air and wave them back and forth waiting for another encore, .....and wishing and hoping maybe, just maybe, you'll play a song we can actually understand. Smile

Sleep well sir. Sleep well........ In your vast museum you call a home of antiques and artifacts that would even jarr Captain Kidd awake from his grave. And don't worry, none of us have the slightest clue what we are doing or where to look. I mean, how could we? But you already knew that. Smile Your chest is safe, for now, .....where two can keep a secret..............

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-09-2016, 06:41 AM,
(07-08-2016, 10:13 PM)John Brown Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 09:24 PM)mdavis19 Wrote: So I'm watching a true crime show on TV about a fake Hindu swami who ran a bogus temple in Texas and conned a bunch of new-age types into believing he was God on Earth. They kissed his feet (really), and hung on his every word, and fulfilled his every whim. He abused their children for years. The adults refused to believe the kids, and punished them for speaking against their beloved guru. Eventually some of the girls came of age, escaped the temple, and went to the police. The adults all still rallied around him and even helped him escape the country, even after he was convicted of raping their kids.

mdavis19

You talking about the Bagwan shree rajneesh (sp?) He was a first class piece of shit.

No another piece of shit. This guy https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prakashanand_Saraswati

His followers are just as guilty as far as I am concerned for helping him escape the country after his conviction for raping their own children.

mdavis19

(07-08-2016, 09:35 PM)Seeker9 Wrote: All the greats have haters.Goes with the territory.

I don't hate Fenn. I wish I had a little of his combination of used car salesman guile, snake oil peddler chutzpah, cult leader charisma, and Kardashian-esqu celebrity following. However, his Jedi mind tricks don't work on me. I envy his skills at manipulation and nerve to use them so boldly, but I see right through them too. I won't be drinking the Koolaid.

mdavis19
07-09-2016, 09:01 AM,
Brand X