Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multi-layered solve
07-06-2016, 02:18 PM,
RE: Multi-layered solve
(07-04-2016, 10:09 PM)decall Wrote:
(07-04-2016, 09:16 PM)GoneAlone Wrote: "... nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve."
What is the important possibility?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Only the shadow knows. However it may likely lead to redefining certain boundaries. IMO

Dr. Suess says it best with "Oh the places you'll go!"
07-07-2016, 12:11 AM,
(07-04-2016, 09:16 PM)GoneAlone Wrote: "... nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve."

The home of Brown is precise, definitive and obscure. It will not be described by the winning solve and the person with said solve may not recognize nor understand just what it is. It is a figment of Forrest's imagination.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
07-07-2016, 02:50 AM,
(07-07-2016, 12:11 AM)HIPS Wrote:

The home of Brown is precise, definitive and obscure. It will not be described by the winning solve and the person with said solve may not recognize nor understand just what it is. It is a figment of Forrest's imagination.

Do you have any morsel to back that up, or is that just your opinion?
07-07-2016, 05:28 AM,

I partly agree. It is precise, definitive and obscure, but will be described by the winning solve and is not a figment of Forrest's imagination.
Mindy's blogs:

http://www.fennhotspot.com
http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
07-07-2016, 07:20 AM,
(07-04-2016, 07:47 AM)Indy UK Wrote: p.s. this would also explain why Mr. Fenn described himself as an architect (or words to that effect) when making the poem, and that every word has been meticulously chosen.

and why Mr. Fenn tells us to read the poem 'over and over again'

+1 , I concur....
07-07-2016, 10:15 AM,
(07-07-2016, 02:50 AM)Puzzle X Wrote:

Do you have any morsel to back that up, or is that just your opinion?

Forrest said that if one knows who Brown is; he/she would go straight to the chest. Ok, technically he said if Jennifer knows. That could imply that the following clues are blatantly obvious or that no other 'clues' are needed. If the clues following 'home of Brown' aren't needed; why are they there? I'm just considering the 'what ifs'.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
07-11-2016, 08:05 AM,
(07-07-2016, 10:15 AM)HIPS Wrote: Forrest said that if one knows who Brown is; he/she would go straight to the chest. Ok, technically he said if Jennifer knows. That could imply that the following clues are blatantly obvious or that no other 'clues' are needed. If the clues following 'home of Brown' aren't needed; why are they there? I'm just considering the 'what ifs'.

When did he say that? Because that implies that you must find WWWH to find the information of 'who Brown is'. This is interesting because this information in some way must be presented via the medium of something natural. It's not going to be on a visitors information board, or a road sign for that matter. My guess is that it'll be on a gravestone, or something where Brown's name is carved into stone. That will be there for a long time and won't change (the clues will probably be there in a 100 years, but due to the changing landscape will have changed in 1000 years - soil may have buried the clue, or wind erosion blunted the stone)

Have you got the source of the quote please?
07-11-2016, 10:37 AM,
It was in the interview with Jennifer London. She asked who Brown was and he said, ‘well that is for you to find out. If I told you that, you would go right to the chest.'
07-11-2016, 10:59 AM,
(07-11-2016, 08:05 AM)Indy UK Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 10:15 AM)HIPS Wrote: Forrest said that if one knows who Brown is; he/she would go straight to the chest. Ok, technically he said if Jennifer knows. That could imply that the following clues are blatantly obvious or that no other 'clues' are needed. If the clues following 'home of Brown' aren't needed; why are they there? I'm just considering the 'what ifs'.

When did he say that? Because that implies that you must find WWWH to find the information of 'who Brown is'. This is interesting because this information in some way must be presented via the medium of something natural. It's not going to be on a visitors information board, or a road sign for that matter. My guess is that it'll be on a gravestone, or something where Brown's name is carved into stone. That will be there for a long time and won't change (the clues will probably be there in a 100 years, but due to the changing landscape will have changed in 1000 years - soil may have buried the clue, or wind erosion blunted the stone)

Have you got the source of the quote please?

Try using Google. It only takes a couple of seconds to find this. Hint: It's included in Forrest's web pages, which would be a good place for you to start your search anyway. Good luck!
07-11-2016, 11:20 AM,
Solve the 1st clue and it's easier..... For most of the rest except another bit of genius.

I can see how people get stuck between clue 1, 2 and 3 though.

Not long now folks

I believe some have solved the first clue then doubted themselves and got stuck.
But whoever figures it out past there will have to make 2 trips

If nobody has been on site yet for the first time then there isn't enough time left for them.