Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A beautiful place!
10-28-2013, 01:24 AM,
A beautiful place!
It's very late here but I'm too wired to go to bed just yet so I thought I would share how my trip to "solution" went today. If you read my earlier post, you know that I STRONGLY believed in this location. Here's why...

Earlier this past week, I had an "Ah Ha" moment and all of the clues lined up for me perfectly. Comments that Forrest has made lined up perfectly as well.

So, we went there today. Let me start by saying that it is a truly beautiful place! Had a wonderful time exploring with my oldest son and his family. And after being there, I can tell you that I am 100% sure that I'm right....that IS where the treasure is hidden. There were about 5 things that confirmed it for us. I won't go into all of them because, of course, I don't want to give my location away. But I will share one of them with you so that you know why I believe this to be the right place. So, you know that many places have the point of interest signs that you can stop and read....well, there were at least 2 signs that we stopped and read that were designed JUST LIKE some of the pages in Forrest's books! Not the same pictures, but layed out the same way! If I didn't know better, I would have thought that Forrest made those signs!

It's a large area to search and could possibly take several years to find it. But I am so sure about this that I am taking all of my other potential locations off the table. I will go back again and again and again. Because IT IS there! I took some beautiful pictures and I'll share a few but the best ones are of landmarks that I cant share because it gives too much away. It was the perfect day for a treasure hunt! I had a fantastic time! Smile

Edit: TO ALL VULTURES....pics are now gone! You will have to find another way to be uncreative and not use your OWN brain to figure out the clues!
10-28-2013, 06:12 AM,
A beautiful place!
Then are you saying the only thing is that you don't

know is what the blaze is , because that's my problem.ff said the poem will lead you precisely to the chest.

good luck
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-28-2013, 09:01 AM,
A beautiful place!
I never use the GPS on my phone. But you're saying that people can tell where you are by a picture? How the heck do you do that?
10-28-2013, 09:15 AM,
A beautiful place!
You need a program for reading the exif "meta_data". This one you use on the command line on a mac and it is called "exiftool". There are tons of them out there. If you want to get one make sure it is from a trusted source.

Here I run it on a picture I took with our Canon G12 may she rest in peace.

pn1240999:Jun_12_2013 brown$ exiftool IMG_2567.JPG

ExifTool Version Number : 9.39

File Name : IMG_2567.JPG

Directory : .

File Size : 330 kB

File Modification Date/Time : 2013:10:06 18:15:06-06:00

File Access Date/Time : 2013:10:28 08:31:57-06:00

File Inode Change Date/Time : 2013:10:06 18:15:06-06:00

File Permissions : rw
<hr class="bbcode_rule" />
File Type : JPEG

MIME Type : image/jpeg

Exif Byte Order : Little-endian (Intel, II)

Image Description :

Make : Canon

Camera Model Name : Canon PowerShot G12

Orientation : Horizontal (normal)

X Resolution : 180

Y Resolution : 180

plus about 100 more lines of other junk that I deleted!

Here I run it on one of your pictures.

pn1240999:~ brown$ exiftool yp589-IMAG2514.jpg

ExifTool Version Number : 9.39

File Name : yp589-IMAG2514.jpg

Directory : .

File Size : 2.3 MB

File Modification Date/Time : 2013:10:28 07:05:29-06:00

File Access Date/Time : 2013:10:28 07:46:39-06:00

File Inode Change Date/Time : 2013:10:28 07:05:29-06:00

File Permissions : rw-r--r--

File Type : JPEG

MIME Type : image/jpeg

Exif Byte Order : Big-endian (Motorola, MM)

Make : HTC

Camera Model Name : ADR6300

X Resolution : 72

Y Resolution : 72

Resolution Unit : inches

Y Cb Cr Positioning : Centered

ISO : 117

Exif Version : 0220

Date/Time Original : 2013:10:27 14:10:32

Create Date : 2013:10:27 14:10:32

Components Configuration : Y, Cb, Cr, -

Focal Length : 4.9 mm

Flashpix Version : 0100

Color Space : sRGB

Exif Image Width : 3264

Exif Image Height : 1952

Interoperability Index : R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)

Interoperability Version : 0100

Preview Quality : 85

Image Width : 3264

Image Height : 1952

Encoding Process : Baseline DCT, Huffman coding

Bits Per Sample : 8

Color Components : 3

Y Cb Cr Sub Sampling : YCbCr4:2:0 (2 2)

Image Size : 3264x1952

Focal Length : 4.9 mm

If the latitude and longitude had been in there they would have shown up too.
10-28-2013, 09:32 AM,
A beautiful place!
WOW....I did not know that could be done! Interesting. I'm glad I didn't have my GPS on! Smile
10-28-2013, 09:40 AM,
A beautiful place!
So, I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. There was 1 house at the beginning of the road that we took to get to our destination. I want to know if there is a website, that I can go to, to find out who owns this house. Any one know?
10-28-2013, 10:01 AM,
A beautiful place!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tralou2you on October 28, 2013, 10:32 am</b>

WOW....I did not know that could be done! Interesting. I'm glad I didn't have my GPS on! Smile
</div>

It wouldn't matter. No one believes anyone else's solution.
10-28-2013, 10:11 AM,
A beautiful place!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tralou2you on October 28, 2013, 10:40 am</b>

So, I have a question that I'm hoping someone can answer. There was 1 house at the beginning of the road that we took to get to our destination. I want to know if there is a website, that I can go to, to find out who owns this house. Any one know?
</div>

Maybe. Go to the web site of the assessor of the county where the house is located and search for that piece of property if they have a search function. A lot of rural counties don't have much functionality on their web sites. You may need to know the legal description of the property, and not just the address. You could also just try typing the address into Google and seeing what happens. Did you check to see if there was a name on the mailbox?

mdavis19

10-28-2013, 10:50 AM,
A beautiful place!
white pages .com will tell you the name of them if you have correct info. it will also tell who lives next door ,this works in most states

but I can tell you if it is a gated community with DRS. Lawyers and so forth forget it.or justgoogle the next doors house number and it will tell you when

you scroll over it ,there are a lot of whitepages .com you have to find the right one
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-28-2013, 12:24 PM,
A beautiful place!
tral. nice pictures!, looks like somewhere ive fly fished alot ...ive got a ton of pictures of where i searched in september ,and some really great shots of where i fished and explored last july, dont want to post them ,too reveiling.. you know .trail head signs,river shots(a ton ) and shots of peak(s)..want to keep those secret til later, thanks for the pictures,they are great ddd

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beautiful Mind Daniel A 2 1,423 02-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  A beautiful mind... ThrillChaser 1 1,504 12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Last Post: jcm