Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A beautiful place!
10-29-2013, 09:40 AM,
A beautiful place!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tralou2you on October 28, 2013, 8:27 pm</b>

Well, I appreciate your honesty.

I didn't realize that people did that. Maybe they even know what I'm wearing as I'm typing this?! Is there a program for that?
</div>

Actually there is... if you have a camera on your laptop or computer, people can remotely turn on that camera and watch you. They send some kind of cutesy email and get you to click on something and that installes a stealth program on your computer. Then when you get on to the internet it sends the bad guy a signal that connects them to your computer and turns on your camera and microphone... with the red indicator light turned off. At that point they can watch and listen to everything you do.

It's a nasty world we live in....
10-29-2013, 09:49 AM,
A beautiful place!
SERIOUSLY?! Wow....

[Image: 10puo-shocked.jpg]
10-29-2013, 09:57 AM,
A beautiful place!
I guess I should stop researching in my PJ's and put some make-up on before I get online! Smile

10-29-2013, 11:22 AM,
A beautiful place!
There are many ways to remotely control a system. It is against the law to access someone’s computer without their permission, but good luck with that. There are many good uses for remotely controlling systems. For example, I regularly access my computer in my office remotely when traveling. It can make a slow connection on the road work just fine……..You are responsible for your security, if you don’t have a competent computer person you trust and listen to what he/she tells you or want to learn what to do yourself then you are a sitting duck begging for trouble.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-19518_3-10457737-238.html

As far as photos are concerned there are many good programs that will strip the IPTC and exif info from a photograph.

Here is a very good free program that will do that. While you’re at it you can resize your photo to a max 900 px width so everyone can actually see your picture on the forum.

http://www.irfanview.com/
10-29-2013, 11:45 AM,
A beautiful place!
I am a sys admin managing over 70 servers. I securely remote into my servers all the time at home or on the road. I’ve done it while camping out on my chases or prospecting trips.

Like goofy says... educate or be a potential victim...

Our technology has created a nasty world for the uninformed… and a treasure chest for the predators… Just sayin'

10-29-2013, 01:05 PM,
A beautiful place!
timberwolf is so right, I bet you did not know that there is a national email directory and from it you can get the address of that person and who lives in the household,their occupation an so on.very scary
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-29-2013, 03:04 PM,
A beautiful place!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from pidmt on October 29, 2013, 2:05 pm</b>

timberwolf is so right, I bet you did not know that there is a national email directory and from it you can get the address of that person and who lives in the household,their occupation an so on.very scary
</div>

That is actually an urban legend. Not that you actually have much in the way of privacy these days, but there is no such email registry.

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Beautiful Mind Daniel A 2 1,168 02-22-2017, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  A beautiful mind... ThrillChaser 1 972 12-10-2013, 10:43 PM
Last Post: jcm