Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Path To Success
07-11-2016, 07:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 10:46 PM by Silentfly.)
The Path To Success
OK Guys and Gals, I've been seeing some very good post from Gone, Bandit, Beaver and a few other enlightened ones. I think we can do this thing. I think its solvable from home if you have a good map, and internet. You don't even need to buy a book IMO because everything you need is on the net.

1st - I'm not here to argue if it can be solved from home because I think it can, if you want to argue if it can't be solved from home start your own thread about how it can't.

2nd - Try to stay on topic and please refrain from attacks and name calling, come on people now, we need intelligent conversation. keep it civil.

3rd - I would advise reading every thing you can. why limit yourself This includes MW, Dals blog, Forrest blog, any book that Mr. Fenn has mentioned some may not help, but again why limit yourself. watch all the interviews you can find. Grab every banana as Forrest Fenn's Dad taught Forrest. I really love reading and I suppose this helps.

4th - I can't believe it hasn't been solved already, FF must have a shit ton of patience, I wonder if he lies awake at night wondering if the world in general doesn't need the door slammed shut. We have an opportunity here that we don't get anywhere else with chase chat, lets put it to better use than all the typical he said she said bullshit. Save the drama for the opera already. you need to think right.

5th - This is hard for me to do, because I can't get to my solve for awhile because I'm swamped at work, and my wife would maybe divorce me, but I got the sportin blood and I love the thrill of the chase.

6th - I am not here to argue if I have solved the poem, I am here to maybe help us all solve the poem.

I was going to list out nine but that seems tedious So
Lets nail down that first clue.

As I have gone alone in there
And with my treasures bold,
I can keep my secret where,
And hint of riches new and old.
07-11-2016, 07:29 PM,
RE: The Path To Success
My biggest speculation is the 1st stanza is the 1st clue and it is referring to the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, not just Yellowstone. Out of all of the Rockies the best place to find things that are new and old (because I don't believe that is referring to the treasure) is in the Yellowstone area. With geyser and hotsprings that are constantly renewing themselves and ancient mountain ranges that left there mark all over that area it would be one of the best candidates for new and old. Also I believe some of the latter clues are some of these geographical places of new and old.
07-11-2016, 07:53 PM,
(07-11-2016, 07:29 PM)The Count Wrote: My biggest speculation is the 1st stanza is the 1st clue and it is referring to the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, not just Yellowstone. Out of all of the Rockies the best place to find things that are new and old (because I don't believe that is referring to the treasure) is in the Yellowstone area. With geyser and hotsprings that are constantly renewing themselves and ancient mountain ranges that left there mark all over that area it would be one of the best candidates for new and old. Also I believe some of the latter clues are some of these geographical places of new and old.

Good logic, Count.
07-11-2016, 08:11 PM,
I'll speak up for the New Mexico searchers. New Mexico used to be part of old Mexico. The Santa Fe Trail is/was often called the Old Santa Fe Trail. There are newer Santa Fe Trail/highways. Forrest's house has part of the Santa Fe Trail going thru the property (supposedly - I haven't been there, but it seems reasonable since the street in front of his house is supposed to be associated with the trail).

Also, Yellowstone is a volcanic caldera (actually several over time). But New Mexico has ex-volcanos and calderas as well. So there is new and old everywhere.

To be fair, I am currently not searching in New Mexico, but may return in the future if my current solution does not pan out.
07-11-2016, 08:31 PM,
Good positive energy in this thread. I'm diggin it Smile
07-11-2016, 08:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 08:48 PM by The Count.)
(07-11-2016, 07:53 PM)Windy City Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 07:29 PM)The Count Wrote: My biggest speculation is the 1st stanza is the 1st clue and it is referring to the greater Yellowstone ecosystem, not just Yellowstone. Out of all of the Rockies the best place to find things that are new and old (because I don't believe that is referring to the treasure) is in the Yellowstone area. With geyser and hotsprings that are constantly renewing themselves and ancient mountain ranges that left there mark all over that area it would be one of the best candidates for new and old. Also I believe some of the latter clues are some of these geographical places of new and old.

Good logic, Count.
Hint of riches new and old.

Allow me to dissect this line a little further without a location in mind. This is an effort to disprove this line of the poem has to do with the chest and it's contents. Why would Fenn hint of his chest and it's contents if he already told us what it is? He most likely wouldn't and the hints wouldn't matter if we already know whats in it (except for one item). If Fenn has stated that there are nine clues in the poem that lead to the treasure and some of them are definitely places that are in the poem. So we know for sure he is hinting to places in his poem, places that are dear to him, and his most special place. It is easy for me to see that Fenn would Find his most special place one of his riches. This place is so special to him he would rather hid the treasure there than cherish it for his remaining years proving that to him his special place out weighs the value of the chest.

If I could ask Fenn one question it would be- What do you find more valuable the chest and it's contents or the place it is hidden?

Or

If you could only see one of these 2 things before you pass on what would it be, you special place that you find yours alone or the chest and it's contents?
07-11-2016, 08:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-11-2016, 08:56 PM by Beavertooth.)
I have used Osborne Russell, Amelia Earhart, and Forrest Fenn in the past as someone who has gone alone in there. Amelia was known as "the girl in brown" in high school. She crash landed on Gardner Island (goes by Nikumaroro Island today) as a best guess currently. -- "Inspired by Minnie"
07-11-2016, 09:56 PM,
Navy Adm. Richard Byrd is another who went "alone in there" when he spent a winter by himself at an Advance Base weather station (shack) in Antarctica. He wrote a book about his experience, called "Alone".
07-11-2016, 10:11 PM,
(07-11-2016, 09:56 PM)nomad27 Wrote: Navy Adm. Richard Byrd is another who went "alone in there" when he spent a winter by himself at an Advance Base weather station (shack) in Antarctica. He wrote a book about his experience, called "Alone".

Allen Shepard, also went alone in there, what do you suppose they all had in common?
07-11-2016, 10:24 PM,
(07-11-2016, 08:42 PM)The Count Wrote:
(07-11-2016, 07:53 PM)Windy City Wrote:

Good logic, Count.
Hint of riches new and old.

Allow me to dissect this line a little further without a location in mind. This is an effort to disprove this line of the poem has to do with the chest and it's contents. Why would Fenn hint of his chest and it's contents if he already told us what it is? He most likely wouldn't and the hints wouldn't matter if we already know whats in it (except for one item). If Fenn has stated that there are nine clues in the poem that lead to the treasure and some of them are definitely places that are in the poem. So we know for sure he is hinting to places in his poem, places that are dear to him, and his most special place. It is easy for me to see that Fenn would Find his most special place one of his riches. This place is so special to him he would rather hid the treasure there than cherish it for his remaining years proving that to him his special place out weighs the value of the chest.

If I could ask Fenn one question it would be- What do you find more valuable the chest and it's contents or the place it is hidden?

Or

If you could only see one of these 2 things before you pass on what would it be, you special place that you find yours alone or the chest and it's contents?

Good questions. I would love to hear his answers.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THE HINTS- VITAL TO SUCCESS fundamental design 665 191,700 07-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  the end of the path.The maze paulb 0 612 08-12-2018, 10:50 AM
Last Post: paulb
  What is the "path". What is the wheel? easternOHsteve 11 4,131 07-01-2017, 09:28 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  The entire path to the treasure Indy 11 5,623 08-18-2016, 08:47 AM
Last Post: Indy
  the path to failure takes a detour Chris Yates 8 3,959 07-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Success Box decall 6 3,681 10-08-2015, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Buddy Allen