Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few things worth thinking about
07-12-2016, 07:34 AM,
A few things worth thinking about
The chase was not designed as a (from the ground up treasure hunt). Mr. Fenn had intended to inter himself along with the chest. This was a very eccentric idea that he came up with, when he thought that he would die from cancer. Once he was cured of cancer, the idea of internment and the chest faded away. And were only resurrected years later for a number of reasons, some altruistic some not. Mr. Fenn said that he thought it would be fun to have people come and search for his chest, fun for who? the chest was hidden by an eccentric. Mr. Fenn said that when he was kid, if someone had hidden a similar treasure, that he would have "turned over every rock and log in the state looking for it". That's an important statement, because that's what he has in mind for the finder of the chest, that's what he means by the finder will have "earned it". Mr. Fenn is not giving anything away, the solution is not going to be simple. just some thoughts.
07-12-2016, 08:55 AM,
RE: A few things worth thinking about
I certainly have turned over a log or two.
07-12-2016, 03:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016, 03:37 PM by Project Why.)
Six Questions Yet Again with Forrest Fenn: Always a Treasure!
Posted on February 4, 2015 by Jenny Kile

"I wrote that book when I was full of wishful thinkings. I wanted to get people interested, energized, and OUTSIDE. That has happened in such a way that now I live my life vicariously through what I have motivated them to do."

"It might be better for me to move father away from the story Jenny, but I have never been a successful bystander. What searchers say and think is interesting to me. No one is giving the treasure away. Whoever finds it will have paid their dues and earned the prize. When that happens is incidental, and it is of no consequence that I be remembered. But it is important that the mystery and intrigue of the story continues >>to excite families and motivate them to get out into the mountains.<< That has always been my goal."

“I would urge everyone to go back to the poem in my book and be more deliberate about where they go."

"All I had going for me was some imagination, hard work and a logical mind." TTOTC, page 109
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“The treasure chest, I’ve said, is in a very special place to me and if I get another disease, on my last dying gasp I’m gonna throw myself on top of that treasure chest and I’m gonna dare you to come find me.”

Well, I guess we will just have to figure out the poem COMPLETELY before we can FIND for him. .....Yes, NO SEARCHING until one figures it all out completely from home first. ...........Poor guy.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-12-2016, 03:47 PM,
I have no idea. I bet he has several.
Shhh they aren't listening.
07-12-2016, 04:29 PM,
HIS lawyer/lawyers are NOT going to answer any of YOUR questions. You might ask some other lawyer though if you feel the need. $$

And if the wording is NOT in the >>poem<<(which leads one to it and is the only thing that "earns" one the chest when deciphered correctly) .....then, I don't see anything else as being binding. Could still be significant perhaps.

I guess I just don't see why you want to bark up that tree? The wording of the poem is all that matters in that regard. And it is specific. All his other statements correlate to that. I mean, haven't we already gone over that?

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-12-2016, 05:55 PM,
(07-12-2016, 04:29 PM)Project Why Wrote: I guess I just don't see why you want to bark up that tree? The wording of the poem is all that matters in that regard. And it is specific. All his other statements correlate to that. I mean, haven't we already gone over that?

Maybe Stephanie has the chest and is figuring out what to do? Smile
07-12-2016, 09:03 PM,
(07-12-2016, 07:34 AM)James Perotti Wrote: The chase was not designed as a (from the ground up treasure hunt). Mr. Fenn had intended to inter himself along with the chest. This was a very eccentric idea that he came up with, when he thought that he would die from cancer. Once he was cured of cancer, the idea of internment and the chest faded away. And were only resurrected years later for a number of reasons, some altruistic some not. Mr. Fenn said that he thought it would be fun to have people come and search for his chest, fun for who? the chest was hidden by an eccentric. Mr. Fenn said that when he was kid, if someone had hidden a similar treasure, that he would have "turned over every rock and log in the state looking for it". That's an important statement, because that's what he has in mind for the finder of the chest, that's what he means by the finder will have "earned it". Mr. Fenn is not giving anything away, the solution is not going to be simple. just some thoughts.

I'm thinking he thought it would be fun for him, If others have fun well, that's cool too. I'm having lots of fun going places I've never been, and doing things I never thought I'd do, life is just full of little mysteries and its fun to learn.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next level thinking... J Smith 2 590 07-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  The One Thing That Searchers Are Not Thinking About... Gordon Lightfoot 22 3,643 12-21-2018, 06:16 AM
Last Post: Daniel A
  thinking, analyzing and logic Chris Yates 32 6,016 12-17-2018, 02:16 PM
Last Post: pidmt
  For what it's worth.... Uncoveredtruth 3 1,602 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Thinking about logistics claytonhood 3 1,547 12-27-2017, 06:47 PM
Last Post: claytonhood
  Existentialism and Deep Thinking Buddy Allen 45 15,108 05-25-2017, 02:22 AM
Last Post: The Count