Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
First Stanza Answer
09-18-2017, 08:42 PM,
RE: First Stanza Answer
(09-17-2017, 02:10 AM)Halogetter Wrote: gone alone in there

And h in t of riches

Beg in it where

And take it in

Put in below

go in peace.

and in the wood

"A few are in tight focus..."

Halo
Is it me, or are those sexual overtones?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-20-2017, 04:56 PM,
https://www.owleyes.org/text/beowulf/analysis/kennings

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
09-21-2017, 01:55 AM,
(07-16-2016, 10:47 PM)Mindy Wrote: Okay, here's my solve for Stanza 1:

In the beginning, ...

I think there are many interesting takes on the first stanza. This one embraces a few general subjects that people have suggested are relevant to the treasure hunt, as well as at least one specific thing. The specific thing is FF's battle with cancer.

Anyway, here is some information from Wikipedia.

An elephants' graveyard (also written elephant graveyard or elephant's graveyard) is a place where, according to legend, older elephants instinctively direct themselves when they reach a certain age. They then die there alone, far from the group.

...The myth was popularised in films such as Trader Horn and MGM's Tarzan movies, in which groups of greedy explorers attempt to locate the elephants' graveyard, on the fictional Mutia Escarpment, in search of its riches of ivory.

So there you have it. FF's impending death, going alone in there, elephants, graveyards, and riches.
09-21-2017, 01:15 PM,
(09-21-2017, 01:55 AM)AccountAtAGlance Wrote:
(07-16-2016, 10:47 PM)Mindy Wrote: Okay, here's my solve for Stanza 1:

In the beginning, ...

I think there are many interesting takes on the first stanza. This one embraces a few general subjects that people have suggested are relevant to the treasure hunt, as well as at least one specific thing. The specific thing is FF's battle with cancer.

Anyway, here is some information from Wikipedia.

An elephants' graveyard (also written elephant graveyard or elephant's graveyard) is a place where, according to legend, older elephants instinctively direct themselves when they reach a certain age. They then die there alone, far from the group.

...The myth was popularised in films such as Trader Horn and MGM's Tarzan movies, in which groups of greedy explorers attempt to locate the elephants' graveyard, on the fictional Mutia Escarpment, in search of its riches of ivory.

So there you have it. FF's impending death, going alone in there, elephants, graveyards, and riches.
That's very good. :-)
In my trance most recent, I found out where and how to find the search location(s) from the poem. Imo.
First clue however, I believe is not the location and therefore not in the first stanza or the fifth. I believe our very first clue to be IT. :-)

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
09-21-2017, 04:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2017, 04:25 PM by decall.)
I like the creativity of elephants grave...
grave(s) are an obvious theme in TTOTC. Fenn intends to die at the site..
The motivation for elephants seems backwards. Maybe a frog or flutterby graveyard.... Maybe an indian burial, Fenn said he wanted to fight on the Indians side in the battle of little big horn.... hmmm fits my solve perfectly
is that you PJstyle??
http://pjstyle.com/?cat=67

[Image: PJ-Character.jpg]
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-29-2017, 04:07 PM,
I agree with you that IT has some significance to it. The phrases "begin it" and "take it" seem almost contradictory. There are some physical things you can begin and also take but not many. Of course a path, road, river are some of those things if you consider IT to be a physical thing. But if IT becomes something more encompassing like a journey, a walk, a ride, a flight, or maby a swan song/death march type of event, then it becomes a hint to the first clue of WWWH.

If IT is an event like Fenn's departing journey (when he was going to die with the treasure) then I believe the first stanza is meant to locate/confirm WWWH. And we would need to know what IT is to Fenn to be able to decipher any clues.

I think IT just might be the "word that is key". The problem with that is, could you ever figure out what IT is without TTOTC? Or is it not necessary to know what IT is but very helpful if you do.

I guess that isnt helpful, just my brainstorming. Does everyone else move towards solves and end up going in circles instead?
09-29-2017, 10:42 PM,
I always thought "it" was vauge because it means more than one thing....
begin it: Madison River
begin it: death
begin it: birth
begin it: sex (yeah really)
begin it: murder (yeah possible)
begin it: jet mission?

quest is also vague, so each of those journeys cease in different ways... in fact, each journey changes the value of every word.
all imo.. just sharing ideas here

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-30-2017, 09:15 AM,
So why is "IT" that I must go and leave my trove for all to seek, the answers I already know I've done "IT" tired and now I'm weak.

IT is by far the most vague pronoun used in the poem and seems to be used to describe the same thing repeatedly with other assisting words that are descriptive. Either IT means nothing significant despite the repeated used and no attemt to use any other word in ITs place, or IT is the word that is key.

I think IT just might be.