Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fennboree!
10-30-2013, 10:15 PM,
Fennboree!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from John Brown on November 9, 2013, 2:11 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Desertphile on November 2, 2013, 8:02 pm</b>

It is not an easy trip to come at go at the ranch:
</div>

Don't you just drive to the Rio Chama campground and then swim across the river?

I thought that I had said I was committed (or that I should be, hah) but I don't see it in the thread.</div>
</div>

We walk across the river when the road is too muddy to drive on, except when the river level is too high: then we sit in one place, day after day, until the road dries. It sucks, but there are no safer alternatives.

As for committing to Fennboree, so far only one person has done so: a woman.
11-01-2013, 03:48 PM,
Fennboree!
Sounds interesting and fun. I don't know if I can attend or not. Would love to meet you and the others.
11-01-2013, 06:31 PM,
Fennboree!
Ditto to it sounds interesting and fun, but .... aren't there snakes? Cougar? Aliens? Oh. I don't sound brave enough.

My idea of a Fennboree would involve me slipping away in the night to a nice hotel, kinda like when Forrest played mountain man at the rendezvous.

Or, for the finder of the chest to pop for rooms at the Inn following a massive celebration.
11-01-2013, 08:33 PM,
Fennboree!
No Aliens, I won't be able to make it
11-01-2013, 09:21 PM,
Fennboree!

<b>Quote from timberwolf on November 1, 2013, 4:48 pm</b>Sounds interesting and fun. I don't know if I can attend or not. Would love to meet you and the others.
</div>

The first person to commit to attending has done so, and I haven't even advertised. Golly. He is coming from California, and he might bring two other people to Fennboree. Perhaps dinner the first night can be a community meal.

That's if enough people attend. Still no confidence there is that much interest.
11-01-2013, 09:24 PM,
Fennboree!

<b>Quote from waterhigh on November 1, 2013, 7:31 pm</b>

Ditto to it sounds interesting and fun, but .... aren't there snakes? Cougar? Aliens? Oh. I don't sound brave enough.

My idea of a Fennboree would involve me slipping away in the night to a nice hotel, kinda like when Forrest played mountain man at the rendezvous.

Or, for the finder of the chest to pop for rooms at the Inn following a massive celebration.
</div>

Hotel? <b>HOTEL?!</b> Eeak! The horror! The.... HORROR! That would mean missing the awesome sights and sounds of the canyon at night.

The poem states one must not be meek in hunting the treasure. Snakes are our friends!
11-02-2013, 09:00 AM,
Fennboree!
Ummm. I'll have to check my calendar .....
11-02-2013, 07:02 PM,
Fennboree!

<b>Quote from admin on November 2, 2013, 2:05 pm</b> I'm surprised you have wifi back there. I can't even get many good radio stations in Santa Fe...but especially back where you are. They need to move some mountains around so I can get a better signal before my next visit. I really like waterhigh's hotel idea. If I happen to be in the area.... I'd do that.... I'm afraid too that I'd spill my treasure secrets if I was talking in my sleep. I'd wake up and you guys would all be taking notes.
</div>

The WiFi comes at great cost, via satellite dish. I am working on getting WiFi at the campsite, if possible, but there is a hill in the way. I have several outdoor directional WiFi repeaters.

It is not an easy trip to come at go at the ranch: staying the night is much easier. And I am much too clever to take notes: I'll put a microphone in your tent instead.

Now that I think of it, I suspect all of the people who attend might already think they know where the chest is. :-)

Meanwhile, I already have two people committed to attending, and two more people as "probably attend."

11-02-2013, 08:51 PM,
Fennboree!
Sign me up if it's after June.
11-03-2013, 04:05 PM,
Fennboree!

<b>Quote from will197532 on November 2, 2013, 9:51 pm</b>

Sign me up if it's after June.
</div>

It will be around May 16th.