Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weekly, monthly, yearly words, statements, .....regarding the chase.
07-23-2016, 04:44 PM,
Big Grin  Weekly, monthly, yearly words, statements, .....regarding the chase.
It wouldn't matter if ff said: "I farted". The majority would still thank him and praise him for his genius and flatulent words. And we keep coming back, week after week, month after month, year after year...........!! GOLD, .....it makes us do funny things, doesn't it. ........Funny, crazy, insane. Here we are discussing it again. Discussing what? What is it we are discussing actually? ........Heck if I know? His "Memoirs", his "Memories"? WWWH? The Blaze? ......."effort worth the cold"? What cold? "No place for the meek"? ..........so, it's no place the meek, but also not dangerous, and don't go anywhere a 79yr old man wouldn't go, but maybe a 3yr old would need some help, ........two trips and less than a few miles later? Alone. No one around. But yet people go there all the time? Hmm................

Let's be real. This chase has been going on for almost 6yrs now and no one is even close to figuring it out. Heck, they're already planning next year's Fennboree. Smile I kinda feel bad for those who wait after week for these "words" from him and that's what they get. .....Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not that his words don't mean anything. Of course they do. He has some great stories and insights. I mean, heck, he's written like what 9 books and we've bought and read all of them!! But in regards to this chase, it's beginning to seem like he's just trying draw the whole thing out further and further, not closer as some seem to WANT to believe. So, not only does he NOT want it figured out NOW, but he probably doesn't EVER want figured out. "Figured". Not FOUND. Oh, someone will FIND it. ..........in the year 12,016. Make no mistake about that. Smile But perhaps sooner, maybe in 3009.

I thought though that Helen(Mysterious Writings) did a good job at pointing that out on and calling him on it. Because let's face it, .....it's not that the poem's words and structure are difficult to read, .....it's not that at all. It looks SIMPLE!! Right? The problem, the problem, .....is that it is -- Redneck abstract. The ambiguity makes its true meaning inaccessible to us. It doesn't have to look difficult or complex or even be that. And that doesn't mean he is intentionally trying to deceive us either. It just means that he is saying things that ONLY >>HE<< will ever understand, because he made it up in HIS own >>IMAGINATION<<. Some of these things MAY ONLY EXIST IN HIS OWN MIND.

And that could make these stanzas, these verses, these words, these Rocky Mountain-like thoughts and theories, .....impassable.

Now, how's that for trying to understand his MIND, .....his MEMOIR, .......MEMORIES!! And some wanna start with the first stanza and "go alone in there" and attempt to figure it out? Hmm.......... Wheeew............ Is the TTOTC the "key" to doing that? Well, he sure made it appear that way in the beginning!! But now, not so much. And his statements, .....not so much. I mean, he's said that!! So where's the confidence?? What do we really have for interpretation?? .........for HOPE? ..........Assurance and Reliability? ..........for UNDERSTANDING?

Of course he thinks it is "straightforward" and that he "could go right to it"!! I would too. So would you. He's the one who designed it!! And I'm sure he knew EXACTLY what he was trying to convey in most of those posts he's ever made, .....but no one else did. Heck, you'd get 50 different versions of what people thought he actually meant. And what would he do? He'd do like he did yesterday. He says, "oh, forgive me for being a scribbler" or in other cases, for "not being perfect". Ok? But then he doesn't ever even attempt to explain himself or CLEAR IT UP. And he knows what he's doing!! Smile Come on, let's face it, IN THIS CHASE, he enjoys, he likes being "Cryptic" and using "Bizarre" communication. He makes up words and phrases to suit himself and to be edgy and puzzle us. He gets a kick out of it. He's said he does that!! And we're trying figure out a poem that he spent 15yrs on?? Yeah, yeah, I don't know about that................ Smile

When we ENTER AT OUR OWN RISK, ........we also need to understand that with what we know NOW, that perhaps he never meant for it to be FOUND. That he really ONLY wanted it to be "SEARCHED" for. Because the truth is that most of us HAVE already FOUND the "treasure" he wanted us to find.

And if you're ok with that, then but all means carry on............. and good luck. Remember, it's all about being CONTENT. He is.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-23-2016, 04:51 PM,
Weekly, monthly, yearly words, statements, .....regarding the chase.
If ff said he farted there would be many threads about how it is a clue.... Lol!

I agree that there are simply too many solves that fit the poem, again and again and again, everyone thinks their solve is the one but no treasure.

I think there is a lesson here but not for the treasure. Though of course I still want to try, but it is not possible to solve with the information given.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-24-2016, 07:56 PM,
RE: Weekly, monthly, yearly words, statements, .....regarding the chase.
(07-23-2016, 04:44 PM)Project Why Wrote: It wouldn't matter if ff said: "I farted". The majority would still thank him and praise him for his genius and flatulent words. And we keep coming back, week after week, month after month, year after year...........!! GOLD, .....it makes us do funny things, doesn't it. ........Funny, crazy, insane. Here we are discussing it again. Discussing what? What is it we are discussing actually? ........Heck if I know? His "Memoirs", his "Memories"? WWWH? The Blaze? ......."effort worth the cold"? What cold? "No place for the meek"? ..........so, it's no place the meek, but also not dangerous, and don't go anywhere a 79yr old man wouldn't go, but maybe a 3yr old would need some help, ........two trips and less than a few miles later? Alone. No one around. But yet people go there all the time? Hmm................

Let's be real. This chase has been going on for almost 6yrs now and no one is even close to figuring it out. Heck, they're already planning next year's Fennboree. Smile I kinda feel bad for those who wait after week for these "words" from him and that's what they get. .....Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Not that his words don't mean anything. Of course they do. He has some great stories and insights. I mean, heck, he's written like what 9 books and we've bought and read all of them!! But in regards to this chase, it's beginning to seem like he's just trying draw the whole thing out further and further, not closer as some seem to WANT to believe. So, not only does he NOT want it figured out NOW, but he probably doesn't EVER want figured out. "Figured". Not FOUND. Oh, someone will FIND it. ..........in the year 12,016. Make no mistake about that. Smile But perhaps sooner, maybe in 3009.

I thought though that Helen(Mysterious Writings) did a good job at pointing that out on and calling him on it. Because let's face it, .....it's not that the poem's words and structure are difficult to read, .....it's not that at all. It looks SIMPLE!! Right? The problem, the problem, .....is that it is -- Redneck abstract. The ambiguity makes its true meaning inaccessible to us. It doesn't have to look difficult or complex or even be that. And that doesn't mean he is intentionally trying to deceive us either. It just means that he is saying things that ONLY >>HE<< will ever understand, because he made it up in HIS own >>IMAGINATION<<. Some of these things MAY ONLY EXIST IN HIS OWN MIND.

And that could make these stanzas, these verses, these words, these Rocky Mountain-like thoughts and theories, .....impassable.

Now, how's that for trying to understand his MIND, .....his MEMOIR, .......MEMORIES!! And some wanna start with the first stanza and "go alone in there" and attempt to figure it out? Hmm.......... Wheeew............ Is the TTOTC the "key" to doing that? Well, he sure made it appear that way in the beginning!! But now, not so much. And his statements, .....not so much. I mean, he's said that!! So where's the confidence?? What do we really have for interpretation?? .........for HOPE? ..........Assurance and Reliability? ..........for UNDERSTANDING?

Of course he thinks it is "straightforward" and that he "could go right to it"!! I would too. So would you. He's the one who designed it!! And I'm sure he knew EXACTLY what he was trying to convey in most of those posts he's ever made, .....but no one else did. Heck, you'd get 50 different versions of what people thought he actually meant. And what would he do? He'd do like he did yesterday. He says, "oh, forgive me for being a scribbler" or in other cases, for "not being perfect". Ok? But then he doesn't ever even attempt to explain himself or CLEAR IT UP. And he knows what he's doing!! Smile Come on, let's face it, IN THIS CHASE, he enjoys, he likes being "Cryptic" and using "Bizarre" communication. He makes up words and phrases to suit himself and to be edgy and puzzle us. He gets a kick out of it. He's said he does that!! And we're trying figure out a poem that he spent 15yrs on?? Yeah, yeah, I don't know about that................ Smile

When we ENTER AT OUR OWN RISK, ........we also need to understand that with what we know NOW, that perhaps he never meant for it to be FOUND. That he really ONLY wanted it to be "SEARCHED" for. Because the truth is that most of us HAVE already FOUND the "treasure" he wanted us to find.

And if you're ok with that, then but all means carry on............. and good luck. Remember, it's all about being CONTENT. He is.
Wow PW, tell us how you really feel, I'm thinking you feel better after that rant, because I know I would. After my first few serious searches I fell under the belief that he doesn't want it found but searched for. Until that day where someone finds it and does what no one ever expected them to do with the chest, kinda another one of my beliefs, that the one that finds it will do something with it that is worthy of the Chase and the chest. So, to me now it seems like we are all searching for this thing that won't be found anytime soon, or even end up making anyone of us wealthy. After thinking all this it makes me ask, why? Why are we doing this? For me it's to enjoy the chase where ever it leads me!
07-24-2016, 08:21 PM,
I think this is one of PW's more optimistic posts. He says we have a chance at finding it.lol
07-24-2016, 08:23 PM,
(07-23-2016, 04:44 PM)Project Why Wrote: When we ENTER AT OUR OWN RISK, ........we also need to understand that with what we know NOW, that perhaps he never meant for it to be FOUND. That he really ONLY wanted it to be "SEARCHED" for.
Nonsense. Fenn said he wanted an out of work Redneck with 12 kids to find it. If he never wanted it found, then Fenn is an asshole for suggesting a guy who lost his job should take his kids with a bedroll and a 6-pack on the road to certain failure.
07-24-2016, 08:47 PM,
@Project Why

I scratched off a 20 dollar scratch ticket last night, 1,000,000 grand prize, nothing...not going to buy another one. 6 still left, no first winner yet. So, I can't afford to buy another one. Just once, that's it.

To me, and this is just to me, the poem is straightforward...he told us to go over it again and again...and to analyze it.....there's a flow to it....believe me. I have no earthly idea why people haven't been able to see what I see... maybe I just look at it differently than most, I don't know. I researched a lot of shit that I had no clues about that stuck out to me in the poem. They stuck out because they interrupted "the flow," like a branch blocking a road, and I had to figure out a way to remove that branch before I could proceed....so now, I'm at the end of that road, have been for quite some time. To me, it's all there and it makes perfect sense....but at the beginning it was just a bunch of words put together. And, just like that scratch off ticket, if I come up with nothing, I can't afford to keep on doing the search. I had my shot, times 2....
07-24-2016, 09:10 PM,
(07-24-2016, 08:47 PM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: @Project Why

I scratched off a 20 dollar scratch ticket last night, 1,000,000 grand prize, nothing...not going to buy another one. 6 still left, no first winner yet. So, I can't afford to buy another one. Just once, that's it.

To me, and this is just to me, the poem is straightforward...he told us to go over it again and again...and to analyze it.....there's a flow to it....believe me. I have no earthly idea why people haven't been able to see what I see... maybe I just look at it differently than most, I don't know. I researched a lot of shit that I had no clues about that stuck out to me in the poem. They stuck out because they interrupted "the flow," like a branch blocking a road, and I had to figure out a way to remove that branch before I could proceed....so now, I'm at the end of that road, have been for quite some time. To me, it's all there and it makes perfect sense....but at the beginning it was just a bunch of words put together. And, just like that scratch off ticket, if I come up with nothing, I can't afford to keep on doing the search. I had my shot, times 2....

Look Gordon, you may have this thing figured out. Nobody knows, so you may just have it. BUT..

IF you search your spot, and come home empty-handed, how will you explain what you THINK you saw?
07-24-2016, 09:19 PM,
Just because he may not want it found, doesn't mean it can't be. .....unless the poem won't lead us to it. But I believe it will. Otherwise he isn't the man I thought he was and have come to know. It's just gonna be extremely difficult. And we're going to have to be openly adaptable in both mind and search.

Look at it this way, .....if everything from "not far, but too far to walk" onward CANNOT be found in TTOTC, a map or in writings, then we are dealing with something that is a complete different beast, .....something that must be physically searched for and then mentally broken down. And if it requires too much of an understanding of his imagination, then it could really be a doozy. Doesn't have to be complex. And I'm sure it is "straightforward", .....to him. It's been almost 6yrs now with hundreds of thousands of searchers looking and researching and still no $1,000,000 scratch off. Only 2 numbers have been matched, possibly? The Willy Wonka Golden Ticket is still out there laying in the woods, hidden, waiting. And hopefully a bear doesn't find it and eat along with that sinew necklace. Bears love chocolate!! And so do I. So I'll keep thinking and analyzing and searching, .....until I decide I've either had enough or I fall into the Brown river of chocolate and get eatin by the umpa lumpas.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-24-2016, 09:49 PM,
(07-24-2016, 09:19 PM)Project Why Wrote: It's just gonna be extremely difficult.
This single statement is the one thing we can keep telling ourselves to justify everything. Its our excuse. If we dont find it, its because its difficult. But not impossible. I still have a chance!
07-24-2016, 10:09 PM,
@romeofoxtrot and Project Why

To me, Fenn is a very practical man. To me, he didn't even have to use his imagination to draw up this poem, it's all there in black and white. He had to make the poem sound interesting....so he used some fancy words to describe normal things. And, that's my take on his poem. Don't make it over complicated, because it's really not.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Get Back In The Box -- Weekly Words Beavertooth 73 35,350 05-04-2019, 09:26 PM
Last Post: Halogetter
Star Weekly Words - Jenny Kile - Mysterious Writings decall 1,630 1,550,508 02-28-2019, 01:04 AM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Collection of Statements here, not clues and not from the book. whisperer 67 22,097 12-31-2017, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen
  Weekly words Nov 11 Revisited Mindy 6 4,522 03-30-2017, 01:01 PM
Last Post: Mindy
Smile Monthly PSA from Minotaur Moreno... minotaur_moreno 6 1,885 03-02-2017, 08:01 PM
Last Post: Itchy Ideas
Smile Monthly PSA from Minotaur Moreno... minotaur_moreno 0 1,237 02-01-2017, 09:47 AM
Last Post: minotaur_moreno