Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The starting point
10-31-2013, 10:25 PM,
The starting point
It's a beautiful day in Casper, my husband thought he had the day off...I wanted to do a little day trip just to check out an area of interest. Obviously that didn't happen. Something to do with a new water main. Maybe tomorrow. It is nice to be somewhat centrally located.
10-31-2013, 11:24 PM,
The starting point
The "No Place For Biddies" chapter just makes no sense to me. Why would he even include that in the book unless it was a clue of some kind?

I see the following jumping out at me or maybe it's all the Halloween candy...

Page 20 - eight and overheard two

Page 20 - put that together

Page 20 - at least 30

Page 20 - zero

Page 21 - cars whizzing every which way

Page 21 - LONG-sightedness

Page 21 - around our block

Page 21 - where I put my feet

Page 21 - running away from home no kids ever did that, that came later when girls started making trouble

Page 21 - probably LONG since dead

Page 21 - That'll teach those TWO

some kind of pattern here or am I just on a sugar rush?

11-01-2013, 12:03 AM,
The starting point
there is a high natural step up there from the river 20'' 22''high, the river carved it ..all black rocks,thin with trees,2 browns per pool as you go up to this point..red granite rock ,above, 12 to 15 feet long maybe 12 to 14 feet high.. it is very old, and saw many early humans...graveyard? thats my vision of forrest fenns hiding spot. tree ,tree ,? i know d
11-01-2013, 12:59 AM,
The starting point

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from NTMI on November 1, 2013, 1:29 am</b>

I'd draw the line at graveyards. Well, I'd at least have to do some research first to make sure that no laws were being broken,
</div>

You'd find yourself on the wrong side of the law pretty quickly. It's a felony to mess with human remains in NM.
11-01-2013, 06:06 AM,
The starting point

<b>Quote from mdc777 on November 1, 2013, 12:24 am</b>

The "No Place For Biddies" chapter just makes no sense to me. Why would he even include that in the book unless it was a clue of some kind?

I see the following jumping out at me or maybe it's all the Halloween candy...

Page 20 - eight and overheard two

Page 20 - put that together

Page 20 - at least 30

Page 20 - zero

Page 21 - cars whizzing every which way

Page 21 - LONG-sightedness

Page 21 - around our block

Page 21 - where I put my feet

Page 21 - running away from home no kids ever did that, that came later when girls started making trouble

Page 21 - probably LONG since dead

Page 21 - That'll teach those TWO

some kind of pattern here or am I just on a sugar rush?

</div>

I also noticed that the "No Place For Biddies" chapter doesn't really fit in with the rest of the book, even taking into account Forrest's strange writing style. There is something else I noticed about that chapter nobody seems to have mentioned that made me flag it long ago as a possible location for the subtle clues Forrest says are in TTOTC. I think I know what the clue is. So far it hasn't helped me locate the treasure, but I have used it to narrow down the search area a lot. I've probably said too much.

mdavis19
11-01-2013, 06:52 AM,
The starting point

<b>Quote from admin on November 1, 2013, 3:17 am</b>

I don't think people should just list where to start...that would ruin the fun. Let's all figure that out on our own and just talk about general ideas....

I personally don't see any problem with a graveyard being part of the solution...I think it's just not IN one.
</div>

Love your new photo, thanks for trying to keep things fun on this website!
11-01-2013, 11:32 AM,
The starting point
11-01-2013, 01:01 PM,
The starting point
I don’t really see the difference between posting before or after a search. Someone could get the final clue or a new idea they need from someone’s failed search. The psychology of different searchers is interesting.

When it’s not fun anymore I will quit searching, I only search in areas I’m going to be anyway…….but that adds up to well over a hundred searches over the years. If one is spending “disposable income” and enjoying themselves out doors searching and seeing new places that’s great; and Fenn’s intentions. If you are doing this for the money you are probably making a very bad investment decision.

@Jason

Archaeoastronomy, the study of how the ancients studied or used astronomy is a very interesting subject and could be the key to the poem. It would be impossible to study the pueblo people and their ancestors (the Anasazi) and not realize how important astronomy was to these civilizations. If any of the searchers would take the time to look up at night in the Rockies; it is very easy to understand why the stars were so important to them.

Question is; how important is archaeoastronomy to Fenn?
11-01-2013, 01:28 PM,
The starting point
I liked the thought from another person here that Forrest could post the solve on this site and almost everyone would ignore it because we are blinded by our own chase. Hmmmm maybe he has. I need to go back and read now.
11-01-2013, 01:38 PM,
The starting point
Oh and one other thing. The starting point does not matter. What matters is the ending point and Forrest has given that to us already. Unless your in it for the chase(beating self into submission). Yes.... it is the chase Jeti... I'm not convinced. I think it is both the thrill of the chase AND the treasure. Tell the grail knights it is only the chase. You can not have one without the other. Be honest, how many of you would be spending the amount of time you are spending if the box was cardboard and there was a note inside: "you found it" with no shiny things in the box.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  LurkerMike has a good point filmguy 3 471 06-18-2020, 04:04 PM
Last Post: Salamander7868
  point of view Chris Yates 67 12,655 04-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 16 6,210 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  Hints in TFTW Starting List TheComebackKid 0 1,179 09-05-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: TheComebackKid
  I tell you a starting point 10350ft elevation ski santa fa mikemarcum878 1 1,189 06-28-2018, 02:33 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Is the starting point mentioned twice? filmguy 24 9,928 11-09-2017, 12:06 PM
Last Post: mike marcum