Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Am I missing something?
07-27-2016, 08:02 AM,
Am I missing something?
Hi All, (I’m new to the TTOTC and just need someone I can sound off on.)
I came across this whole Forrest Fenn treasure hunt thing a few days ago (20th July) unfortunately for me I’m an obsessive type and pretty much absorbed myself in the hunt to solving the clues.
It took me 4 days to solve the nine clues (in fact there are more than 9 clues and two other clues outside of the poem that I found.)
I can’t believe no one else has done as I have and successfully completed the journey?
I am struggling not to believe the solve was completed a while ago and the treasure is gone. I wish I’d stumbled across FF’s challenge many years ago.

Am I missing something?

I live in Australia and it would involve a 23 hour flight, 5 hour car journey, 4 days off work and associated money/ loss of wages to confirm the chest is no longer where FF placed it.
I’m in a painful dilemma?
I know it’s probably been said time and time again on this site but let me make it clear; I have completed all 9 clues (including additional solves to other words that Forrest has used specifically.)
I’ll give Forrest this, he doesn’t mince his words!

I’m just hugely suspicious this is all a scam or the poem was solved a long time ago and gold is gone.

I’d like to add:
The book titled ‘Trail of Disgrace’ by Paul Norman, is completely all wrong, cover to cover there are no solved clues.
I have also read nothing online that comes close to the poem being solved. (I apologies if that comes across as a poke in the eye to all that have submitted your solves – I don’t mean any disrespect.)
The only reason I say this, is that on that fact it does somewhat inspire me to jump on that plane!?
07-27-2016, 08:08 AM,
Am I missing something?
I think many have solved and many believe in their solve, and they go home empty handed. Yes, it seems so simple, but it is not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
07-27-2016, 08:46 AM,
RE: Am I missing something?
Pardon us for being cynical - We've seen many who've claimed a quick solve that has eluded others for nigh onto 6 years.
If you enter into an agreement for someone to use your solve for a split, make sure you research the person carefully. Gold fever has always brought out the con artist, the thief, the charlatan.
07-27-2016, 08:57 AM,
(07-27-2016, 08:02 AM)Foundthechase Wrote: Hi All, (I’m new to the TTOTC and just need someone I can sound off on.)
I came across this whole Forrest Fenn treasure hunt thing a few days ago (20th July) unfortunately for me I’m an obsessive type and pretty much absorbed myself in the hunt to solving the clues.
It took me 4 days to solve the nine clues (in fact there are more than 9 clues and two other clues outside of the poem that I found.)
I can’t believe no one else has done as I have and successfully completed the journey?
I am struggling not to believe the solve was completed a while ago and the treasure is gone. I wish I’d stumbled across FF’s challenge many years ago.

Am I missing something?

I live in Australia and it would involve a 23 hour flight, 5 hour car journey, 4 days off work and associated money/ loss of wages to confirm the chest is no longer where FF placed it.
I know it’s probably been said time and time again on this site but let me make it clear; I have completed all 9 clues (including additional solves to other words that Forrest has used specifically.)

I’m just hugely suspicious this is all a scam or the poem was solved a long time ago and gold is gone.

I’d like to add:
The book titled ‘Trail of Disgrace’ by Paul Norman, is completely all wrong, cover to cover there are no solved clues.
I have also read nothing online that comes close to the poem being solved. (I apologies if that comes across as a poke in the eye to all that have submitted your solves – I don’t mean any disrespect.)
The only reason I say this, is that on that fact it does somewhat inspire me to jump on that plane!?

By all means jump on the plane and come to the US and pick the box up. So far the only foreigner to attempt it that had any brains was a Chinese guy. Each time he came up with a solution he'd give it to his wife and she'd shred it. As far as I know she never did let him make the trip from China.
07-27-2016, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-27-2016, 09:11 AM by Tim Nobody.)
(07-27-2016, 08:02 AM)Foundthechase Wrote: Hi All, (I’m new to the TTOTC and just need someone I can sound off on.)

Am I missing something?

I’d like to add:

If you are sure of your solve then the time and lost wages will be made up for when you find the chest so your lame excuses for not coming to get it seems to me that you have no confidence and Forrest tells us that the chest is still out there. If your solve puts the chest in New Mexico I will lend a hand in helping you retrieve it, so let me know when you will be arriving at the Albuquerque airport and I will put you up and drive you so you can claim it, just let me know before you board that plane in Sydney. The hardest part in having a distant partner is that if they don't find it how do you believe they didn't based on your solve.
07-27-2016, 09:09 AM,
I do understand my post comes across as a typical quick solve. It took me a while to solve, there's a stage in the poem that confirms you're 'nigh' to the solve.
I'll not be splitting or sharing my clues, I need to make a decision if I am too invest in the trip half way across the globe? First I must make every effort to confirm this isn't some kind of scam?
And yes Old Drum... People can be bad...
Something I wrote on the subject:

The Reset
We began, insignificant, born to early times,
Nomadic, living to every season,
Natural wonders becoming spirit gods.

In time, unannounced, slightly significant we fed generations,
Critical mass bled design and function,
Monumental creations with unknown purpose.

New age spawn purchase and religion,
Civilization rose to an almost apocalypse,
Greed and overpopulation the downfall in its unveiling,

We allow race to wither, children to soldier, slavery to exist,
Wars rage in continuum, the governing accepted to monster with no attempt for resolution,
We are at the beginning of the end,

Reset will rise in the form of a devils pandemic,
City sized funeral pyres will darken the day,
Take refuge and defend or feed the rivers of blood.

Those that emerge from martial law, insignificant, reborn to early times,
Nomadic, living to every season,
Natural wonders becoming spirit gods…
07-27-2016, 09:09 AM,
(07-27-2016, 09:04 AM)Rogue One Wrote: Cough cough Andrew and magic head are from England.............

Are you a professional treasure hunter? No....................Your chance of success is slime

Stay home, go gold hunting in the Outback........

Ricky is right. There's lots of treasure much closer to home. As an old prospector, I wish I was in Australia. Lots of gold nuggets and meteorites to be found in your own outback.

mdavis19
07-27-2016, 09:52 AM,
This is amazing. I've never heard anything like it! You should hop on the next flight out here to come claim the chest that's waiting for you!
07-27-2016, 10:11 AM,

Am I missing something?

I’d like to add:

Please do not come! You're solution might be on the right path, but it's not possible to solve it in a few weeks. I think you answered you're own question when you asked why it hasn't been found. It's not easy.

The solution is much harder than you can believe at this time and the first few solutions you come up with are all word associations and not correct. Stay home and think about it some more.

It has taken me a few years to solve the first stanza and I think I finally have it done. But now I have stanza#2 to solve. Fenn thought it might take 100 years or more, so don't spend a few thousand dollars on your solve until you've really looked at it for while.
07-27-2016, 10:26 AM,
I say quit your job sale all you possessions move to the Rockies if your so confident? Oh wait, didn't a searcher already do that? Most need to understand this chase is not ment to be a quick payday but a way to get people to enjoy the Rockies and you can't really enjoy what they have to offer in less than a week. There's no way you could absorb all the information the chase has to offer in the time you speak of so my best suggestion is run some of your info by some of the veteran searchers so they can point out where you might be wrong.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In Your Opinion - What Are We Missing? finditkeepit 15 6,175 01-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Last Post: Bigsteve
  Forrest's Missing Book? Beavertooth 2 1,856 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Last Post: knighterrant
  My tooth brush is missing geydelkon 10 5,047 01-05-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: geydelkon
Thumbs Down Treasure hunter missing LostFound 291 266,161 05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  Red Willow Thread....Missing? Bytor 13 8,163 10-09-2016, 08:35 PM
Last Post: azuredeb
  Missing flowers BrazenBull 0 1,196 04-24-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: BrazenBull