Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Battle of the zealots
07-28-2016, 06:39 AM,
Battle of the zealots
Well this is an interesting turn of events. Deep down we've all known Randy was dead for months. Somehow the official announcement seems to have ignited a (possibly pre-planned) religious war between the "Fenn can do no wrong" bunch, and the bitter Fenn haters. As someone not firmly planted in either camp, I am watching the battle rage with a mixture of amusement and curiosity. Even as I watch the show unfold, and feast on tasty popcorn, I can't help wondering who, why and what about the participants. Who are they? Why have they taken these extreme positions? And most importantly, what do they expect to gain from it?

The participants on the "Fenn can do no wrong" side are the usual bunch of Fenn apologists and fawning admirers who take everything he says as Gospel truth, and assume, (or at least promote that) his motives are as pure as the driven snow. They seem a little confused and sucker punched by this sudden backlash, and so far are just reacting to the attack. The inevitable regrouping and counter-attack hasn't begun yet.

The Fenn haters seemingly came out of nowhere, and in an impressive show of force, executed a Japanese-style sneak attack that tried to take out the Fenn fleet at anchor. It was almost certainly pre-planned. It is yet to be seen just how much actual damage was done though.

The real question here is one of motives and expectation. What are the motives driving the people on both sides? What do they expect to get out of choosing their flag and fighting? The Fenners are likely hoping to curry favor with Fenn and maybe receive a few hints (or what they will perceive as hints) in return for fighting the old man's battle for him. He's always had lots of seemingly self-appointed, unquestioning, online, acolytes like Woody Bogg, who seem to see it as their mission in life to defend, protect and promote Fenn and his chase. I've never understood their unflagging and total unquestioning loyalty in the face of bunny eruptions and other scandalous and questionable behavior.

But what about the anti-Fenners? What do they want? What's in it for them? Are they just bitter spoilers, who want to shut down the chase for everyone because they haven't succeeded at it themselves? Or is there a deeper motivation at work here?

Who are some of the Fenn haters? Who is RomeoFoxtrot? A few short months ago he seemed like the stereotypical, over-confident, clueless, newbie, who had it all figured out and was going to beat us moribund veterans to the treasure. Without even one BOTG search, (as far as I know), he evolved in record time into a cynical and bitter skeptic, who now seems to disbelieve and distrust all things Fenn-related, and he seems to be spearheading this attack. How does that happen? What happened, Romeo? What suddenly made you such a vehement Fenn hater? Or were you a mole from the beginning? You joined up shortly after Randy disappeared. Were you just pretending to be a clueless newbie to gain trust and establish yourself in the CC community while setting up an anti-Fenn sleeper cell and waiting for the right moment to strike? What do you expect to gain from this attack? What's in it for you? What is the ultimate goal? Inquiring minds want to know.

As I said at the beginning, I'm not in either camp. It would take some convincing to make me join either. So, Woody and Romeo, explain yourselves.

mdavis19
07-28-2016, 07:21 AM,
RE: Battle of the zealots
The names they've called each other makes the political arguments look tame. If you can't be half-way civil, just shut up.
07-28-2016, 08:57 AM,
(07-28-2016, 07:37 AM)Itch my cache Wrote: @davis

Sorry I've been asleep. You're name was mentioned in the pm I got. I'm happy I haven't seen you post anything ridiculous about Randy. I'm assuming u got this pm too since they mentioned you? I know I've said that I do not like fenn in the past, which Is probably why I received the message . This is about knowing right from wrong. Just because I didn't join this persons group doesn't mean I praise fenn and consider him a saint. I imagine you are the same. Was this person name dropping or did they contact you too?

My name was mentioned? That's interesting. Well I was not included in the PMs. Apparently the people behind them probably correctly assumed I wasn't going to join a coup plot against Fenn. I don't have a compelling reason to be on either side. I'm just enjoying the show and questioning the motives of the actors on both sides. Popcorn on standby and moderation button at the ready if things get out of control. I was not specifically including you in either group, Itchy. I've always seen you as more of an equal opportunity troll.

mdavis19
07-28-2016, 09:04 AM,
We who are about to entertain salute you.

mdavis19
07-28-2016, 09:12 AM,
I'm surprised this site hasn't crash with all the recent entertainment.
Sure beats going to HOD. When was the last time that site was relevant?
MysteriousWritings? When was the last time we got an actual, helpful clue instead of, "Bring bear spray" "Don't drive without a seatbelt" or "I'm Forrest Fenn, anything I say someone will take as a clue"
07-28-2016, 09:17 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-28-2016, 09:18 AM by romeofoxtrot.)
(07-28-2016, 06:39 AM)mdavis19 Wrote: Who are some of the Fenn haters? Who is RomeoFoxtrot? A few short months ago he seemed like the stereotypical, over-confident, clueless, newbie, who had it all figured out and was going to beat us moribund veterans to the treasure. Without even one BOTG search, (as far as I know), he evolved in record time into a cynical and bitter skeptic, who now seems to disbelieve and distrust all things Fenn-related, and he seems to be spearheading this attack. How does that happen? What happened, Romeo? What suddenly made you such a vehement Fenn hater? Or were you a mole from the beginning? You joined up shortly after Randy disappeared. Were you just pretending to be a clueless newbie to gain trust and establish yourself in the CC community while setting up an anti-Fenn sleeper cell and waiting for the right moment to strike? What do you expect to gain from this attack? What's in it for you? What is the ultimate goal? Inquiring minds want to know.

As I said at the beginning, I'm not in either camp. It would take some convincing to make me join either. So, Woody and Romeo, explain yourselves.

mdavis19
First, lets understand something so we are clear. I dont have to explain anything to you or anyone else. I do so by choice, not by demand.

Your powers of perception and deductive reasoning are not nearly as good as you think. I too am in neither camp.

I seemed like the over-confident newbie, because you were the smug, arrogant, veteran who took joy in smacking around and bullying newbies. What I actually was is the guy who wasnt going to take your shit, or those like you.

The fact is, nothing happened. I see Fenn and this Chase for the truth it really is. Some are zealots, who defend him no matter what he does. Others are anti-Fenners. I am neither. The pro-Fenn zealots want to believe Fenn does nothing wrong and is 0% responsible for anything. Anti-Fenners the opposite, amd believe he is 100%. Both are ridiculous.

Now, the conspiracy theories of sleeper cells....LOL. Man, I have to get my own bowl of popcorn to pull a seat up for this one. I had no idea how many crazies are running this nuthouse.

Ill say it again. Not being a Fenn ass-kisser doesnt make me a Fenn-hater. But SOME of the responsibility of the consequences and outcomes of this Chase are on Fenn. Plain and simple.

That answer your question?
07-28-2016, 09:33 AM,
Do you ever get tired of assigning labels Davis? I think your label should be Chief Pot Stirrer and Label maker. Every blog has to have one. We have You !

Speaking for myself, I don't accept your Label . Everyone has faults. Forrest has many , just like everyone else. Does that mean that we all have to point out faults or should we have the good grace to understand and stop making dumb labels to assign to other human beings ?
Shhh they aren't listening.
07-28-2016, 09:33 AM,
(07-28-2016, 09:29 AM)Itch my cache Wrote: Sounds like you're backing away from last night's tone.
Wonder why that is?

How about you and project and everyone else just shut the fuck up about randy and who is to blame, and focus on the poem and treasure?
If it sounds like that to you, get your ears checked. Im not backing away from anything Ive said. Tone or otherwise.

How about I not give a fuck what you think. Oh wait, already didnt. K, thanks pooptart.
07-28-2016, 10:00 AM,
(07-28-2016, 09:33 AM)deb Wrote: Do you ever get tired of assigning labels Davis? I think your label should be Chief Pot Stirrer and Label maker. Every blog has to have one. We have You !

Speaking for myself, I don't accept your Label . Everyone has faults. Forrest has many , just like everyone else. Does that mean that we all have to point out faults or should we have the good grace to understand and stop making dumb labels to assign to other human beings ?

I only labeled two people, Deb. (at least I assume they are two different people, and not one playing both sides) Interestingly everyone else seems to be lining up to label themselves. Don't blame me if you weren't mentioned and had to label yourself so you could be outraged at me labeling people.

mdavis19
07-28-2016, 10:28 AM,
Rumor has it several people are playing both sides these days too.

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wa. state, battle Creek, seen wise DeeepThnkr 0 477 07-21-2018, 08:43 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Uphill battle on frosty nite 5GIRLS 2 1,454 01-25-2018, 12:56 AM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Into the mountain wilderness (away from religious zealots) Andrew Jef 2 1,103 03-13-2017, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Xavier