Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has the Chase jumped the shark?
08-01-2016, 12:14 AM,
Has the Chase jumped the shark?
Or is it the alligator?

Maybe its the season, and things seem slower.

But also, it seems like Fenn is contributing less. Less Scrapbooks, less creative and what seems to be less "pertinent" weekly words. There were more "clues" in years past, substantial ones like removal of States from the search are like Utah and Idaho. That was big. He starts Surprise Words, and that was gangbusters for a few days, and slowed quickly within a week.

I do wonder if this will be self-sustaining. It appears there are a few diehards, but more are leaving than joining to an information dribble from Fenn.
08-01-2016, 01:47 AM,
RE: Has the Chase jumped the shark?
(08-01-2016, 12:14 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: Or is it the alligator?

Maybe its the season, and things seem slower.

But also, it seems like Fenn is contributing less. Less Scrapbooks, less creative and what seems to be less "pertinent" weekly words. There were more "clues" in years past, substantial ones like removal of States from the search are like Utah and Idaho. That was big. He starts Surprise Words, and that was gangbusters for a few days, and slowed quickly within a week.

I do wonder if this will be self-sustaining. It appears there are a few diehards, but more are leaving than joining to an information dribble from Fenn.
@RT
Wait until winter. If the pattern persists as in years past F will get generous with the scrapbooks during the non-searching months stirring up the search frenzy for the coming spring.
08-01-2016, 08:04 AM,
Chasers have jumped the shark. Their "solutions" are getting crazier and crazier. I worry about the mental health of more than a few of them.

mdavis19
08-01-2016, 09:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 09:08 AM by romeofoxtrot.)
(08-01-2016, 01:47 AM)njfl Wrote: @RT
Wait until winter. If the pattern persists as in years past F will get generous with the scrapbooks during the non-searching months stirring up the search frenzy for the coming spring.
This last winter he seemed vocal, but not with anything of substance as in years past.

(08-01-2016, 07:19 AM)admin Wrote: to be honest, I'm getting more hits on the site the past month then are typical. Probably because of Randy hitting the media. It is always slow in the summer...but I actually think he's contributing more...just on the questions thing on Friday and when the mood strikes him. I think he ran out of things for the scrapbooks to keep his own interest.
For sure as a result of Randy, which cant be positive press. Yeah, the Scrapbooks must be hard.

(08-01-2016, 08:04 AM)mdavis19 Wrote: Chasers have jumped the shark. Their "solutions" are getting crazier and crazier. I worry about the mental health of more than a few of them.

mdavis19
Without those who Chase, is there one?

But yes, and thats worrysome. The last thing needed is another Randy-type incident.
08-01-2016, 09:23 AM,
(08-01-2016, 08:04 AM)mdavis19 Wrote: Chasers have jumped the shark. Their "solutions" are getting crazier and crazier. I worry about the mental health of more than a few of them.

mdavis19

The solves arent getting crazier. They get more analytical, because the simple shit dont work. And its senseless. You can literally fit the poem anywhere you want, and that gives zero room for confidence, when you are left with a large number of options. You have to grow your solve into something that makes sense with less options, until all of the wrong places are eliminated.

So all these crazy solves, are just the beginning of another masterpiece in the making.. weirdo

08-01-2016, 09:26 AM,
(08-01-2016, 09:06 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: The last thing needed is another Randy-type incident.

Don't forget Boo. He committed suicide. At the time it was said that it was the chase that drove him over the edge.
08-01-2016, 09:47 AM,
(08-01-2016, 09:23 AM)Hammertime Wrote:

mdavis19

The solves arent getting crazier. They get more analytical, because the simple shit dont work. And its senseless. You can literally fit the poem anywhere you want, and that gives zero room for confidence, when you are left with a large number of options. You have to grow your solve into something that makes sense with less options, until all of the wrong places are eliminated.

So all these crazy solves, are just the beginning of another masterpiece in the making.. weirdo

People are just lazy and lack imagination. I have no trouble at all coming up with new potential solutions to the poem that aren't just minor variations on what has come before, and that don't depend on trying to map the poem onto the endless geography of the Rocky's. People give up on the poem too easily, and turn to other things like mutilating books in search of a quick fix or out of frustration. Fenn must be having a big laugh at their expense.

mdavis19
08-01-2016, 10:05 AM,
Ive seen some pretty "out there" solves posted, and to me, they seem to make more sense as far as narrowing something down. There is no possible way to give up on the poem. The poem is the heart of the chase. It is literally not possible to steer away from the poem, because any ideas that someone comes up with is born from the poem. That is sorta the point. The poem is just a key, and since it can fit anywhere on a map, then why not find other sources that it fits into, and then give yourself another vantage point to look from.

Fenn isnt going to tell you how to do it. He just gives us a simple idea to start from. Nine clues. Everything else is just your own imagination. If I have learned anything from Fenn out of all this, the one thing I have learned is how to "not" do something. Quit using his literal words to figure this out, and start listening to the deeper meanings of why he says what he says. Astree is the best at uncovering all these codes and stuff, and almost every single one of them mean the same thing. That surely is not a coincidence is 99% of peoples eyes.

Give yourself more sources to see the what's, and why's. Otherwise, your just selling yourself sort, and leaving opportunity on the table. Try to sell Fenn one of his paintings for more than what he paid for it. That is not a simple task, but there is a way it can be done. Mainly by manipulation. Manipulate the poem.

08-01-2016, 12:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2016, 12:54 PM by Project Why.)
Makes me also wonder about people like illinoisghost who've been on like what, a hundred searches over long distances? What are they going to do when they run out of money chasing after this rainbow? Will they hit the wall like you did Stephanie? I mean, getting outdoors is one thing, but shit, this chase is taking it to a whole nuther level for some people.

It's funny though, because every time ff does an interview, he always talks about how many thousands have searched and his letters from people who were either brought together by the "chase" or the fact it got them "out into nature". .....And I understand. It doesn't matter if there is some negative events. As long as is there is MORE positive, he'll be ok with it, he can justify it. Personally, I've always thought it was something "positive". And that he did it mainly for noble and unselfish reasons. But I gotta tell ya, .....the longer it goes on and the obsessions, compulsions and the way people respond when any of it or he is cast in a negative light and some of the things ff has done and ways he's acted, .....is starting to give me pause.

It's like a freaking bunch of Fennatics and zombies over at hoD or even on MW. It's like no one can even look at anything logically or objectively. They see one thing, they have one focus, and it's on Forrest Fenn. All they see is HIM, with a halo on his head and rays of sunshine emitting from his face, like that picture of him standing in front of his buffalo robe and his head lined up with the center. And even some here are like that. You can't present any argument or pose anything questionable about Forrest Fenn without some backlash. You'd think you were trying take their firstborn child from them when you do. It's ridiculous. I mean, I just can't believe for the life of me, that more people don't question things or put ff more on the spot and to the fire after this long????? It's been 6 years!! And he's still participating........... And who knows how much longer he's gonna be around? Is it really worth NOT being more direct, especially when things are questionable?

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-01-2016, 01:15 PM,
99% of those dedicated to Dals website, are behind the scenes. Sorry. Its not just Fenn. There is something else going on. Whether they know it or not. Its like a cult over there. No freedom, and you get banished if you ask a certain question. It literally limits your imagination. And I cant even think to believe that you only have to have a limited imagination to figure some answers out on this puzzle.

I do laugh alot while im lurking through that blog. Its one of those "are you serious" type laughs. So to me it is like a fantasy, and Its not even close to logically real, to me. So I am assuming that they are a bunch of hired actors to say dumb shit all the time, just to show interest in the chase. OR they are all the same person.

There is no possible way that everyone in this chase has the same limited amount of imagination that they show.

Ive seen maybe 2 or 3 posts that are out of this world imaginations, that make more sense than any regular joe schmo brown trout solve. Ive never seen so many dull imaginations in 1 spot in my entire life. Ive had better conversations with gold fish, than I have with 90% of the people looking for a treasure... And that is probably the most ironic thing that I will have ever said...

Its sad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hammerhead Shark Beavertooth 15 1,745 07-06-2020, 07:20 AM
Last Post: travis.gore.79
  Jimmy Buffett solve part 1 and 2 (do you see the shark in FF signature? CLynn 6 677 06-21-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: CLynn