Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All the Clues has to be found in precise order?
11-03-2013, 03:20 PM,
My wife and I purchased both books.

And Mr. Fenn said that everything had to be found in the exact order, with the bells, and jars?

So if the first two clues has been discovered, does this mean the rest of us have to give up?

I have found so many clues and unfortunately did not have the time to put it all together as we received the book and. It was our 12 year Anniversary, since we have not had a vacation since we lost our jobs in 2008. We had to go to New Mexico to check on Her Mom as she is not in the best of Health.

We started out going to Yellowstone, then to La-Cruses, (where Her Mom lives). spent time there then went up to Santa-Fa. unfortunately we ran out of money on equipment and did not do our homework. so we came home.

Now that We have more knowledge we will be during the "Thrill of the Chase" in July for our Anniversary again.

But was curious about the first two clues being found. and I know part of the Hunt requires a GPS. Can anyone give us knowledge of what brand to get and what type of coordinates to use? Please.

Bob and Carrie

11-03-2013, 04:08 PM,
Funny thing I have a GPS and the only thing I know about it that it is water proof ( found out the hard way ) and it holds 2 aaa batteries
11-03-2013, 04:23 PM,
@SoulMates4-Ever: It’s great you two are doing this together. Sorry to hear about your job situation and I hope her mom is doing OK.

Sounds like you two should spend the winter doing research; I would recommend reading all of Dal’s site and be sure to watch all the videos of Fenn on Dal’s site. There are several long discussions here and on Dal’s site talking about the first two clues being solved.

I agree with Steph about the bells and jars……although they are interesting. There are a few videos where he talks about and shows them.

As far as following the clues in exact order he states that the clues are in consecutive order in an interview with Loren Mills. It’s at 27:11 in the video; and he makes some comments about the clues on Dal’s blog in the emails section I think.

http://reportfromsantafe.com/episodes/vi...rest-fenn/

I’ve used several GPS units over the years……you should research GPS’s to see which one would meet your needs and experience level. No need to buy a fancy unit if you can’t use it……..

Welcome to the insanity of the chase…..
11-03-2013, 05:22 PM,
<b>"And take it in the canyon down...."</b>

Do people really get lost in a canyon? :-) There's one end, and there's the other end. Seems to me a GPS receiver is just extra weight not desired to carry.
11-03-2013, 08:01 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on November 3, 2013, 4:34 pm</b>

Oh and some cell phones have gps in them...but not all cell phones work in the mountains north of SF...but that might be an option if you have one and it works where you'll be.
</div>

The GPS function is separate from the cell phone function, and generally works no matter where you are.

mdavis19
11-03-2013, 08:50 PM,
I hope the best for you and your wife.

Just in case you don't already know - please read up on safety tips for the areas you intend to search. Even though Forrest Fenn wanted to get us all out there to enjoy nature again, I think he assumes we are smart enough to know our own limitations. If you are planning NM in July, make sure you have enough water and also beware of flash floods that can be deadly.

If you get a GPS (please do), make sure you know how to use it. Trying to figure out how to use a GPS when you are already lost is a bad thing for sure.