Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blaze - Thoughts and Ideas.
08-11-2016, 12:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-11-2016, 12:30 PM by fabjr71.)
Just curious why there hasn't been much discussion on this topic. I'm curious how we are to figure out what the blaze is. How will we know it is the blaze if we are looking directly at it?

I've read many seem to think it will be a marking, like an X. Forrest has given us descriptions of what a blaze could be. "Fenn has hinted that the “blaze” line in the poem could be a deception. He told an interviewer, “I was careful. A blaze can be on a tree, in a fire, on the face of a horse, a scar on a rock, and a host of other things.”

So, what do you think? Does the blaze contain an X somehow? Or, could it be something else?
08-11-2016, 12:36 PM,
RE: The Blaze - Thoughts and Ideas.
@fabjr71 IMO an X will not mark the spot, but a Y will
point you in the right direction. Tom
08-11-2016, 12:43 PM,
(08-11-2016, 12:36 PM)tom Wrote: @fabjr71 IMO an X will not mark the spot, but a Y will
point you in the right direction. Tom

So, a Y, as in a trail marker, like a stick or similar marking pointing in a direction?
08-11-2016, 12:48 PM,
IMO it is a geological horse. A white one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-11-2016, 12:59 PM,
fabjr71,

“I had an enjoyably (sic) visit with Tom and his brother at the Downtown Subscription Coffee Shop in Santa Fe. They seemed like nice guys and avid treasure hunters. But there is confusion somewhere. While it’s not impossible to remove the blaze it isn’t feasible to try, and I am certain it’s still there.” [Originally posted by forrestfenn on dalneitzel.com 9/26/14 4:06 pm]

---------------------------------------------------------------

Forrest, you have stated that several searchers correctly identified the first two clues in your poem. Could you tell us how many searchers to your knowledge have correctly identified the first clue correctly? Thanks. ~49 Dollars

No 49, I cannot tell you how many searchers have identified the first clue correctly, but certainly more than several. I cannot imagine anyone finding the treasure without first identifying the starting point, although many seem to be preoccupied with later clues. To me that’s just expensive folly. f

Thanks for the question S&H.

I learn something every day from those who are in the treasure hunt.

What surprises me is that so many ignore the first clue in the poem. Without it all the searcher has is the memory of a nice vacation. Although many have tried, I doubt that anyone will find the blaze before they have figured out the first clue. f

"If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down your quest to cease," Past Tense.

My theory is that the blaze is simply the trail of clues that leads one from begin to cease.

Seannm
08-11-2016, 01:02 PM,
In the area that I search, there are many things that
could be considered a blaze. The correct one being hard
to determine, but I think I may have solved that problem
after 3 years. Tom
08-11-2016, 01:09 PM,
Not sure how much you know about a true Blaze. Back in the days they would Blaze a path by notching the bark. Different notches mean different things. If you find a tree with a triple Blaze higher up it could mean that 2 Blaze paths cross each other. If you have 2 upper Blaze marks and a lower at the base this could mean the end of a trail. The meaning of Blaze trees will all depend on the era that it was done. The older the Blaze the higher up in the tree it will be. Unless it is a lower Blaze, then it will still be at the base.

As for what is the Blaze really is nobody will know. a person can only speculate. I would like to think it will make sense when you reach that part of the poem while out looking.

Not sure if any of this will help you out. If you go to my final solve toward the bottom of it there is a few different Blaze Trees that I found in the area. There was tons of Blaze paths.

this is my final solve had issues with bandwith and high traffic, Have it all straightend out now.
http://www.fennstreasure.com

Happy hunting everybody.
08-11-2016, 01:16 PM,
(08-11-2016, 12:50 PM)Minnie Eftskin Wrote:
Quote:So, what do you think? Does the blaze contain an X somehow? Or, could it be something else?

Henry W. Brown (yes the Brown mentioned in the poem) describes the blaze exactly and the location of the blaze in more detail in his poem ACROSS THE LAST RANGE.

Look at my solve below. Click on some of the icons; the poem is linked in a couple places. You have to read the entire poem. As you do note the similarities to Fenn's poem. Also note the location of the tree that stood majestic and alone. Also note mention of the cold bleak pass..

Feel free to ask questions.
Minnie
Minnie, we'll know soon enough, or not! Someone has already been there or soon will go there. You tied in some of the clues but where do the rest of the clues from TTOTC come into play? Why would you post your solve? Better get up there!
08-11-2016, 01:19 PM,
(08-11-2016, 12:59 PM)Seannm Wrote: "If you've been wise and found the blaze, look quickly down your quest to cease," Past Tense.

My theory is that the blaze is simply the trail of clues that leads one from begin to cease.

Seannm
^^That.
08-11-2016, 01:29 PM,
I have three solves for the same area, all three have
many clues in common. The last two clues are the
problem. One of the solves leads to a 79 acres plot
that just might be the one. I just can not go 2300
miles on a whim. Tom