Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video
11-04-2013, 07:24 AM,
Video
Was the video for the TFTW book signing going to be posted in this forum. I didn't see it anywhere.
11-04-2013, 08:16 AM,
Video
I printed off a copy and am anxiously waiting to fill in the answers! Hurry Toby!!!! (I said anxiously....not patiently Smile )
11-15-2013, 03:13 PM,
Video
What was running through his head at the second or two that begin at 11:25 after the word "spot" and ended when the phrase "very special spot" began? He nods his head very slightly, blinks, nods his head again, then looks down, and then looks to the left. I'd love to see a slow motion version of that. I think that was an involuntary response to "from the car to the spot?" which was asked during the second that started at 11:24. Maybe it was as simple as he drove a truck and didn't want to say that and sort of lied by nodding his head affirmatively. Dunno. But it was a very interesting moment. For me it was the most interesting moment of the entire video.

11-15-2013, 07:30 PM,
Video
You're making the assumption that he even heard that extra comment. That extra line was spoken from the audience and was not a question.

Forrest struggled all night to hear the actual questions and most likely didn't even understand the added statement.
11-17-2013, 03:21 AM,
Video
It was a tell, something he did not want to give away. It was very interesting.
11-17-2013, 09:48 PM,
Video
mdc777 you scared me with the can you feel it thing ....NOT! d
11-18-2013, 10:31 AM,
Video
I'm guessing he understood that comment. I don't know where the camera was in relation to Fenn and the guy who made the "from the car to the spot" remark. Something certainly set off that second or two of discomfort. It certainly looked like he was responding to the "from the car to the spot" remark. I don't think it's particularly useful but it was certainly interesting. I think it was mdc777 who first pointed this out in a different thread. I couldn't find the original thread and re-watched the whole video very carefully to find it.
11-18-2013, 05:38 PM,
Video
@john brown I watched the video again and I agree with you ,I wish i knew what went through his mind.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
11-19-2013, 09:04 AM,
Video

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Butch on November 18, 2013, 9:19 pm</b>

I feel that it had more to do with the "turn-around" second trip. It's not clear that he made both trips on the same day. I offer that he likely hid the box on one trip and came back at another time--as long as 2+ years later--to cache the treasure. In fact, he may have hid something unrelated to the treasure initially in an effort to see if it could stay hidden until he hid the treasure. This could give credence to the timeframe ambiguity of the 15-year duration preceding the actual caching of the treasure. I doubt that he visited his "special place" only on the day of hiding. Just my 1/50 dollar. bb
</div>

Agreed, I never felt the two trips had any specific time line, or even the mode of transportation the same. What I find more interesting is, I understand he had shown some the chest prior to hiding and after writing the poem some time during the 2000+. So with that said, how long was the actual working on the lines of the poem [ say 15 yrs ] to the actual hiding of the chest/contents, [ approx. 2009-2010 ] as most believe, and add in two trips. the author stated something to the effect at the Oct. signing that he started working on the poem near or around the time of his cancer bout [ 1988 ]. using this time line of 15 yrs. put one at 2003, but supposedly hid the chest in 2009 or 10 has some believe because of the release of the book. That would make a total of 21-22 years. I try not to follow the time line, mainly because we will never know, But am a true believer that the actual hiding of the chest and contents took many years for some reason. As you, maybe for a test run to "stay hidden". A tremendous amount of thought, planning and execution, in the poem and the hide of the chest by the Author tells me. Looking for the solve will need also need the same.
11-19-2013, 10:39 AM,
Video

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Butch on November 18, 2013, 9:19 pm</b>

I feel that it had more to do with the "turn-around" second trip. It's not clear that he made both trips on the same day. I offer that he likely hid the box on one trip and came back at another time--as long as 2+ years later--to cache the treasure. In fact, he may have hid something unrelated to the treasure initially in an effort to see if it could stay hidden until he hid the treasure. This could give credence to the timeframe ambiguity of the 15-year duration preceding the actual caching of the treasure. I doubt that he visited his "special place" only on the day of hiding. Just my 1/50 dollar. bb
</div>

The "test hide" is an interesting idea. Of course he didn't have to visit his "special place" only on the day(s) he hid the treasure. He could have known about that place for decades and visited it many times until he made his last visit sometime before the book was published. His last visit could have been on the day that he placed the chest there or even later. I think it's a safe guess that he hasn't been there since the book went to press.

I think he made both trips on the same day but I don't have any more support for that than your two years except listening to the video. It's true he didn't actually say. The bracelet was observed by Craig Childs at Fenn's home in the summer of 2009 so it was not hidden before then. One could ask Doug Preston when he saw the chest. I'd bet even money he saw it in 2009. Fenn might even answer that question. I shot him an e-mail. If he answers it I'll post here. I think fenn might even answer did you make both trips on the same day, although judging from his facial display he might be pretty cagy about those questions.