Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The hiding space
08-13-2016, 01:30 PM,
The hiding space
What are your guesses, thoughts, solutions on the hiding space?

Under a rock or a log? Buried? Exposed? In water? Inside a standing or fallen tree? Something else?

I believe Fenn has said something to the effect of that we'll be "surprised" at the spot (Does someone have the exact quote?).

Discuss.
08-13-2016, 01:36 PM,
The hiding space
It's under one of those freaky staircases up to nothing you find out in the middle of the backwoods.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-13-2016, 01:38 PM,
RE: The hiding space
(08-13-2016, 01:36 PM)DaisyMae Wrote: It's under one of those freaky staircases up to nothing you find out in the middle of the backwoods.....

Lol, that's awesome. I want to just go find one of those suckers at least.

Pays to be a winner.
08-13-2016, 01:44 PM,
Maybe it's hidden in a wormhole out in the woods. I'm willing to look. He might have traveled to another Galaxy to hide this thing. Has anyone checked Andromeda?
08-13-2016, 01:51 PM,
The hiding space
Seriously though, I think it's got natural camouflage.

I have a real hard time rationalizing it being underwater, but that debate has been held several times.

08-13-2016, 02:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 02:23 PM by Becky from WV.)
@GoneAlone - You asked a couple of really good questions, & I believe they deserve serious answers ... NOT a bunch of silliness & nonsense. FF has always emphasized the "hidden" aspect, rather than buried. To me, the word "buried" means to dig a hole in the ground, place something in it, then refill the hole with dirt. I do NOT think FF did that because he told us that NO tools are needed. Besides that, there's FF's 12 ft statement ... that if a searcher was within 12 ft of the treasure, he could find it ... some such statement.

I think "hidden" is different. To me, that means the treasure is concealed somehow ... out of sight. If a hole is dug, something placed in it, but covered with something besides dirt ... like a rock or leaves or wood pieces ... it is "hidden", NOT buried. Yes, it could be concealed above ground somehow, perhaps wedged into a space. Didn't FF say NOT in a cave or a mine? I can't remember exactly. He did say it isn't in a tree ... hollow or otherwise.

The "surprise" issue has always been a roadblock for me. Did FF say we'd be surprised at the spot ... meaning the area or did he mean the way the treasure is hidden? What would surprise the finder?

FF has said the treasure chest is wet & no one can stumble over it. What else?
08-13-2016, 02:30 PM,
The hiding space
(08-13-2016, 01:51 PM)DaisyMae Wrote: Seriously though, I think it's got natural camouflage.

I have a real hard time rationalizing it being underwater, but that debate has been held several times.

This, I call it the Hidey-hole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(08-13-2016, 02:23 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @GoneAlone - You asked a couple of really good questions, & I believe they deserve serious answers ... NOT a bunch of silliness & nonsense. FF has always emphasized the "hidden" aspect, rather than buried. To me, the word "buried" means to dig a hole in the ground, place something in it, then refill the hole with dirt. I do NOT think FF did that because he told us that NO tools are needed. Besides that, there's FF's 12 ft statement ... that if a searcher was within 12 ft of the treasure, he could find it ... some such statement.

I think "hidden" is different. To me, that means the treasure is concealed somehow ... out of sight. If a hole is dug, something placed in it, but covered with something besides dirt ... like a rock or leaves or wood pieces ... it is "hidden", NOT buried. Yes, it could be concealed above ground somehow, perhaps wedged into a space. Didn't FF say NOT in a cave or a mine? I can't remember exactly. He did say it isn't in a tree ... hollow or otherwise.

The "surprise" issue has always been a roadblock for me. Did FF say we'd be surprised at the spot ... meaning the area or did he mean the way the treasure is hidden? What would surprise the finder?

FF has said the treasure chest is wet & no one can stumble over it. What else?

Very good post, thank you!

I am concerned as rain, snow, hail etc happen that it once was exposed (but hidden) though now it is not. Thoughts on that?

08-13-2016, 02:50 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-13-2016, 02:52 PM by Becky from WV.)
@Kpro - Yes, I remember FF said, at one time, the snow was on it & that the chest is susceptible to the elements ... & that wind could affect it the most. Never made much sense to me. How could wind harm the chest or its contents ... unless it was "hanging" somewhere & swinging freely in the breeze? Nah ... how could you "hang" a 42 lb chest?

Didn't FF also say that wild animals would NOT bother it? You know, like open the lid & scatter the contents? So it must be somehow concealed "in" or "under" a protective barrier of some sort? But what?
08-13-2016, 02:54 PM,
The hiding space
(08-13-2016, 02:50 PM)Becky from WV Wrote: @Kpro - Yes, I remember FF said, at one time, the snow was on it & that the chest is susceptible to the elements ... & that wind could affect it the most. Never made much sense to me. How could wind harm the chest or its contents ... unless it was "hanging" somewhere & swinging freely in the breeze? Nah ... how could you "hang" a 42 lb chest?

Didn't FF also say that wild animals would NOT bother it? You know, like open the lid & scatter the contents? So it must be somehow concealed "in" or "under" a protective barrier of some sort? But what?

I read somewhere that he dipped it in wax to help protect it. I may be wrong, but I remember that would make it more weather proof.

I think it is down a side of a cliff or terrace where it could be accessed by people but animals would not have interest.

On my BOTG trip, I found over a dozen hidy-holes like that , searched them all, nada. I did find a snake in one though.....

08-13-2016, 03:26 PM,
(08-13-2016, 01:44 PM)Anna Graham Wrote: I believe its a cave, forrest's "den"

fenn ruled out caves,just to update you
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Motives for hiding the chest Brakinbad 10 1,570 06-12-2020, 10:21 PM
Last Post: dude here
  Looking for a Fenn quote on the hidey space GoneAlone 14 8,136 09-29-2017, 10:58 AM
Last Post: trigace
  The hiding place James Perotti 5 3,815 01-19-2017, 08:17 PM
Last Post: TheTicTocMan
  The hiding place James Perotti 2 2,683 12-20-2016, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  Hiding a Secret Where Chmaanta 6 5,715 03-12-2016, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Chmaanta
  The Hiding Place tortman90620 41 33,446 12-17-2015, 11:25 AM
Last Post: HollyfromMN