Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interesting Interview
11-04-2013, 04:56 PM,
Interesting Interview
Very interesting interview with Forrest. The more he talks the more confused I get.
11-04-2013, 11:53 PM,
Interesting Interview
If I heard him right the unintentional clue is that Canada is out because Benchmark maps cut off the Rockies at Canada.
11-05-2013, 11:52 AM,
Interesting Interview
It gets a little fuzzy when he also speaks of a different clue(hint) when he is speaking about the preface. I think I would agree with you though that the clue he is speaking about from the previous radio show is that Canada was cut out. Sorry Canada. We've always gotten along. Maybe someone from Utah runs Benchmark Maps and is just "kicking the dog" so to speak. We Americans can not lose any more friends. I am going to commit to going to Canada right now; to show we are still in a committed relationship. I hope you don't mind if I only go to Waterton Lakes.
11-05-2013, 12:25 PM,
Interesting Interview
I also conclude that he buried the treasure in 2003 based on the interview. Doesn't that conflict with info from a previous thread? I vaguely remember someone stating that xyz saw the treasure chest in 2009? Does anyone else remember the specifics? And how reliable it is? I think we should make up a new word like Confenndict: to have voluntary or involuntary utterances which on the surface seem to contradict previously stated utterances(in a treasure hunt).
11-05-2013, 01:37 PM,
Interesting Interview
The problem with that video is that you're pinning him down on items spoken during a life taped interview in front of real people. People get nervous and slip up on dates and people all the time. I think he shouldn't do anymore taped book signings. The pressure is immense and the length of time too long.

He asked if that was enough at ~35 and that was the cue to end it. The host didn't pick up on that.

I've done a few public events and afterwards I'm surprised when people tell me what I said. Go listen to NFL today on Sunday morning and names and teams get shifted every time. The audience hears, but the broadcaster doesn't. What if that broadcaster had hidden $1M. Now that mistake gets interrupted into a clue that isn't even true.

When he types, it's accurate, but when he speaks on a live mic, I will give him some slack and not every mistake is a clue. He has said that he finished the poem in 2003 and then prepared the chest and continued to show his friends in 2000-2007 time frame. So they must be lying or it was a simple mistake about Poem writing versus hiding the chest.

So it could be a mistake, be true , or just a simple slip from being on camera in front of an audience and talking for an hour. It's draining to publicly speak and you can see it when he does these things. I think my mistake rate is 1 per 10 minutes, so he is better than me.
11-05-2013, 03:00 PM,
Interesting Interview

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on November 5, 2013, 1:45 pm</b>

I agree Newbie. I'm pretty sure he was talking about 15 years to write the poem. He hid the chest when he was 79 or 80 I believe. If he thought of everything.... I bet he made sure in those two years to travel all over. I didn't understand for a while why it was such a big deal to know when he hid it.... If he never left the area... people would know it was in New Mexico. I mean no one knows where it is... but that's really strategic planning that I didn't think of.
</div>

Haw! I know where it is. And so do many thousands of other people. And we're all wrong.

There is an excellent reason why he does not want people to know when he hid the chest. If I knew the date, it would take me about five hours on the telephone to learn his starting point if the people I telephoned cooperated. If I had the date, it would take one telephone call for me to get the phone numbers of the 3 or 4 other places I would need to call--- or I could burgle their offices and look at their income ledgers.

If you're ever in the area again, I'll tell you the details.
11-05-2013, 04:33 PM,
Interesting Interview
So he says that it was 15 years from the time he got cancer until the time that he hid the treasure chest. And he crafted that poem for 15 years. 15 years, until when he was only 73. Or 79 or so.

"...at age almost-eighty, I figured it was time to act. So I wrote a poem..."

What's a bunch of years among friends?

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

11-05-2013, 08:31 PM,
Interesting Interview
That's classic bad debate technic. Mixing two mediums to strengthen an erroneous argument. The book side of it where he writes "And so I wrote a poem" is clearly a writing style and the poem is obviously not written on the fly as he types the book. Was he supposed to write the poem right after that exact sentence. Think about that for a second. You're saying that since he wrote "and so I wrote a poem" at the end of the book, that he couldn't have written it before that exact moment in time. That's just silly.

As for the chest, we don't know what he meant. It's a live taping with him in the spotlight and people staring on. I have literally been there and once said my name was my main characters name (and didn't even know it until later). You can mix facts and confuse everything when a camera starts and the interview drags on. I dare any one to go do a live taping and see how well they speak and get every fact correct. After 30 minutes, it becomes a blur and mental numbness sets in. He should limit them to 30 min or less to prevent that. Actually it's well known in the media world that 15 min is the max and that's why Leno, Letterman, PBS never expect a guest to do more than 15 min. Not unless it's a very friendly atmosphere and the topic is really lightweight.

Anything over 15 and there will be trouble. Over 30 and you become numb, and at 60 min you will say anything and not remember 10 seconds later . Notice he even forgot the poem at one point. It's stressful up there and you all need to give it a rest and not assume he's super human and can real off 60 minutes of entertainment for us without a few innocent bloopers and mistakes that are trivial. Hunches and guesses are no way to find a treasure and these are not items you can positively know to be true.

Go ahead and investigate a hunch if you need to, but the issue is one of knowing if it was stage fatigue, a freudian mistake or a deliberate mistake.(he is one smart hombre).

That book signing should have been 30 min long and everything would have went smoothly, but once fatigue set in, then more errors were made, But from personal experience, no one can say exactly what the errors meant because you start mixing facts after 30 min. I'm not saying you spill the beans, but you literally mix facts that aren't true and yet you think you're saying them right. It's tough to do public speaking for 5 minutes, let alone for 60 minutes.

I would clap my hands again for him right now for the effort. 60 Min in front of the camera is amazing at any age, let alone 83. So think what you want, but the time data is worthless because it came out weird and I think he meant something else but didn't bother to correct himself. That's fatigue setting in. You just let it go rather than try and fix it.
11-06-2013, 01:54 AM,
Interesting Interview

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from NewbieFenner on November 5, 2013, 8:31 pm</b>

That's classic bad debate technic. Mixing two mediums to strengthen an erroneous argument. The book side of it where he writes "And so I wrote a poem" is clearly a writing style and the poem is obviously not written on the fly as he types the book. Was he supposed to write the poem right after that exact sentence. Think about that for a second. You're saying that since he wrote "and so I wrote a poem" at the end of the book, that he couldn't have written it before that exact moment in time. That's just silly.

As for the chest, we don't know what he meant. It's a live taping with him in the spotlight and people staring on. I have literally been there and once said my name was my main characters name (and didn't even know it until later). You can mix facts and confuse everything when a camera starts and the interview drags on. I dare any one to go do a live taping and see how well they speak and get every fact correct. After 30 minutes, it becomes a blur and mental numbness sets in. He should limit them to 30 min or less to prevent that. Actually it's well known in the media world that 15 min is the max and that's why Leno, Letterman, PBS never expect a guest to do more than 15 min. Not unless it's a very friendly atmosphere and the topic is really lightweight.

Anything over 15 and there will be trouble. Over 30 and you become numb, and at 60 min you will say anything and not remember 10 seconds later . Notice he even forgot the poem at one point. It's stressful up there and you all need to give it a rest and not assume he's superman and can real off 60 minutes of entertainment for us without a few innocent bloopers and mistakes that are trivial. Hunches and guesses are no way to find a treasure and these are not items you can positively know to be true.

Go ahead and investigate a hunch if you need to, but the issue is one of knowing if it was stage fatigue, a freudian mistake or a deliberate mistake.(he is one smart hombre).

That book signing should have been 30 min long and everything would have went smoothly, but once fatigue set in, then more errors were made, But from personal experience, no one can say exactly what the errors meant because you start mixing facts after 30 min. I'm not saying you spill the beans, but you literally mix facts that aren't true and yet you think you're saying them right. It's tough to do public speaking for 5 minutes, let alone for 60 minutes.

I would clap my hands again for him right now for the effort. 60 Min in front of the camera is amazing at any age, let alone 83. So think what you want, but the time data is worthless because it came out weird and I think he meant something else but didn't bother to correct himself. That's fatigue setting in. You just let it go rather than try and fix it.
</div>

Forrest....is that you? Wink
11-06-2013, 08:02 AM,
Interesting Interview
Admin,

So at 83 years of age, after 50 minutes in the lights and being asked tough questions that require one to be ultra careful with every word, you don't think he was fatigued.

You need to go try some public speaking. Five minutes in front of people seems like an hour. 60 minutes is grueling.

In my years of being at events with public speakers, and it's in the thousands, I have seen people get every thing wrong. Age. name, kid's name, wife's name, kid's age, how many years they did something, years since something. Years and numbers are the easiest to mess. You will swap everything and not even remember it. It's ultra easy to swap 15 and 20 and 25 when you're on the spot and tired. If you meant 20, but said 15 because that was the poem time or just something else on your mind, then everyone runs out to the next spot, but you really meant 20 and maybe 9:15 was your tee time that morning. I don't understand why I get numbers wrong on stage, but some of the numbers seem to come from things I did that day.

You can all believe whatever you want, but unless you've been up in front of people, or manage these things, you have no idea of the fatigue factor and normal limits that are expected of public interviews or presentations. This one was even worse, he was up alone with no moderator. It's unheard of to go 60 minutes in that format. No one would put anyone up on up stage alone for 60 minutes unless they wanted to see them melt down. He did pretty well and I'm impressed.

Is there anyone who has went for an hour in this format? My previous maximum freestyle format interview like this was 30 minutes and afterwards I was a zombie. You try and bring lots of water to stall for time between questions, hope someone asks a few easy questions that take a long time to answer, and then hope you don't say anything stupid that later your manager will ask you what the heck you were thinking. (and you don't even remember saying it and can't imagine why you did).

But he is supposed to be Superman at 83 and can't make one mistake or it's a clue. Normally it's funny and maybe embarrassing and called a blooper, but with Forrest his every word or mistake must be where the chest is hidden. Imagine the stress when any mistake is magnified and blown out of proportion. I can't imagine going 60 min under that kind of scrutiny.

But when the Hyena's want their prey, then the frenzy won't allow for simple explanations.