Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dal's view of the hoax issue
08-16-2016, 10:21 PM,
http://dalneitzel.com/2016/08/16/no-hoax-folks/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
08-16-2016, 10:23 PM,
I saw this earlier and thought most of it makes sense. But more importantly it feel right to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-16-2016, 10:39 PM,
RE: Dal's view of the hoax issue
I don't know anything about FF for sure except what I've read secondhand so I have to give the man the benefit of the doubt to a certain extent.

Dal Nietzel may be correct, but he is most certainly not an impartial, unbiased observer.

"Men get funny when there's gold involved."

08-16-2016, 11:03 PM,
When I started the Chase, the first two I told about it, the very first thing that came out of their mouth was "Sounds like a hoax".

I wouldnt be participating here, or spending my time(a finite and irretrievable resource) on the folly if I believed it were a hoax.

With that said, there is NO direct evidence he hid the treasure. That is where Dal is wrong. Fenn could have done ANYTHING with it, we DO NOT KNOW.. We are acting on FAITH that Fenn is telling the truth, and hid the treasure. Taking a picture of it, is NOT evidence he hid it. The photos are evidence he had it in his possession at one time, that is all. Having the means to hide it is NOT evidence he hid it. Having motive to hide it is NOT evidence he hid it. Having "character" is NOT evidence he hid it. Having money is NOT evidence he hid it. Fenn saying he hid it, is NOT evidence he hid it.

Evidence he hid it could be MANY things. But these above things are not them.

I dont know Dal. He seems like a real nice guy. From all outward appearances he is both a good personal friend of Fenn, and an acolyte. I appreciate his defense of Fenn, he is a good loyal follower. But thats as far as I can take seriously this blog entry of his.
08-17-2016, 01:49 AM,
I believe.
It is out there, somewhere .
08-17-2016, 07:45 AM,
(08-16-2016, 11:03 PM)romeofoxtrot Wrote: When I started the Chase, the first two I told about it, the very first thing that came out of their mouth was "Sounds like a hoax".

I wouldnt be participating here, or spending my time(a finite and irretrievable resource) on the folly if I believed it were a hoax.

With that said, there is NO direct evidence he hid the treasure. That is where Dal is wrong. Fenn could have done ANYTHING with it, we DO NOT KNOW.. We are acting on FAITH that Fenn is telling the truth, and hid the treasure. Taking a picture of it, is NOT evidence he hid it. The photos are evidence he had it in his possession at one time, that is all. Having the means to hide it is NOT evidence he hid it. Having motive to hide it is NOT evidence he hid it. Having "character" is NOT evidence he hid it. Having money is NOT evidence he hid it. Fenn saying he hid it, is NOT evidence he hid it.

Evidence he hid it could be MANY things. But these above things are not them.

I dont know Dal. He seems like a real nice guy. From all outward appearances he is both a good personal friend of Fenn, and an acolyte. I appreciate his defense of Fenn, he is a good loyal follower. But thats as far as I can take seriously this blog entry of his.

That's interesting. The first time I read about it in the magazine I wondered if I could find it. The idea that it never existed just didn't come to mind - ever.

But I disagree with you about evidence. Evidence like character, motive, means and witness testimony are used in our courts everyday and it's the foundation of our legal system. We convict or exonerate people on less evidence than what Fenn has giving us and that's a fact. You can't say there's no evidence because there is. You might want different evidence, but other than knowing the exact spot what other evidence would satisfy you?

He does have photos and he has witness testimony from friends and family? This would be a slam dunk court case because of the overwhelming evidence.
08-17-2016, 08:05 AM,
There are two beneficiaries to this hoax. One of them wants you to believe it's real.

In other breaking news, your local weatherman thinks it might rain this week. Tune in tonight @ 11 to see when it could happen!
08-17-2016, 08:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 08:15 AM by romeofoxtrot.)
(08-17-2016, 07:45 AM)Indy Wrote: That's interesting. The first time I read about it in the magazine I wondered if I could find it. The idea that it never existed just didn't come to mind - ever.

But I disagree with you about evidence. Evidence like character, motive, means and witness testimony are used in our courts everyday and it's the foundation of our legal system. We convict or exonerate people on less evidence than what Fenn has giving us and that's a fact. You can't say there's no evidence because there is. You might want different evidence, but other than knowing the exact spot what other evidence would satisfy you?

He does have photos and he has witness testimony from friends and family? This would be a slam dunk court case because of the overwhelming evidence.

Photos and eye witness testimony of what? Hiding it? No.

This would get thrown out of court by the judge as laughable. Overwhelming NON-evidence of hiding it? This is NOT evidence of him hiding it.

This sort of "evidence" as you call it, in court, in part, is called HEARSAY.

This isnt open to your opinion. You can disagree all you want. In this case, Indy, you are flat out wrong. None of the "eye-witnesses" know he hid it.

hear·say
ˈhirˌsā/
noun
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
"according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"
synonyms: rumor, gossip, tittle-tattle, idle talk; More
LAW
the report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

"everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"
08-17-2016, 08:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 08:38 AM by Indy.)
(08-17-2016, 08:13 AM)romeofoxtrot Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 07:45 AM)Indy Wrote: That's interesting. The first time I read about it in the magazine I wondered if I could find it. The idea that it never existed just didn't come to mind - ever.

Photos and eye witness testimony of what? Hiding it? No.

This would get thrown out of court by the judge as laughable. Overwhelming NON-evidence of hiding it? This is NOT evidence of him hiding it.

This sort of "evidence" as you call it, in court, in part, is called HEARSAY.

This isnt open to your opinion. You can disagree all you want. In this case, Indy, you are flat out wrong. None of the "eye-witnesses" know he hid it.

hear·say
ˈhirˌsā/
noun
information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.
"according to hearsay, Bob had managed to break his arm"
synonyms: rumor, gossip, tittle-tattle, idle talk; More
LAW
the report of another person's words by a witness, usually disallowed as evidence in a court of law.

"everything they had told him would have been ruled out as hearsay"

Now hold on there, we all get to have an opinion when it comes to social media. That's why it's so popular. The little guy finally gets to be heard. (or big guy if you're someone we know)

I'm no attorney, but I've watch a lot of court case drama shows and there's no doubt that witness testimony plays a large part in the verdict. Luckily, we have an attorney named DaisyMae and she doesn't even charge by the hour. Can eyewitness testimony of friends and family be used to exonerate a defendent?

(and the eyewitness testimony can see something indirect, like the chest was seen at one time)
08-17-2016, 08:46 AM,
(08-17-2016, 08:36 AM)Indy Wrote: Now hold on there, we all get to have an opinion when it comes to social media. That's why it's so popular. The little guy finally gets to be heard. (or big guy if you're someone we know)

I'm no attorney, but I've watch a lot of court case drama shows and there's no doubt that witness testimony plays a large part in the verdict. Luckily, we have an attorney named DaisyMae and she doesn't even charge by the hour. Can eyewitness testimony of friends and family be used to exonerate a defendent?

(and the eyewitness testimony can see something indirect, like the chest was seen at one time)

LOL. Thats really funny.

There are types of witnesses. And types of testimony. And certain cases that those witnesses, and their testimony is allowed, and not allowed. Regardless of what some movie or TV drama show has you believe. Its TV man, that doesnt make it so.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/jus...esses.html

Please, whatever you do, dont watch TV or movies and think you are informed on law enforcement, private investigation, crime scenes, firefighters, lawyers, or doctors. They are dramas for a reason. They make them entertaining, not necessarily accurate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Casting - Is it a hoax? tomaijian 497 243,434 09-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Hint, hoax or 7%er Top Secret 93 10,118 05-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  point of view Chris Yates 69 6,154 04-17-2019, 09:37 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum03
  Fenn Treasure Hunters Point of View Blazehunter 17 3,769 10-28-2018, 09:11 PM
Last Post: total1ty
  A different view of things, 5GIRLS 16 5,394 11-05-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  My finding the treasure was all a Hoax, guys. Gordon Lightfoot 37 13,512 07-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: old drum