Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No HOAX folks??
08-17-2016, 12:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 12:53 PM by Project Why.)
RE: No HOAX folks??
(08-17-2016, 12:07 PM)Hammertime Wrote: You have to get past the hoax to find the treasure. I am certain, that there is a hoax hint somewhere in there, once you figure out what the poem means in its entirely, that leads you to the treasure. It is just a trap to make you second guess yourself, yet is only another clue. Why not?

A metaphorical booby trap is all it is.

No reason to put that much effort into something for nothing. He wants someone to figure it out, he just doesnt know if someone can, or will. Everything else he says in tangent, is probably a hint at something that lies on the yellow brick road. Those hints are what lead you in the direction, in which you need to go, to find a treasure that was hidden by Fenn.

How many types of minds exist? He had to accommodate for each one. Thus making it nearly impossible to find. You have to not only think like Fenn, but you also have to think like everyone else too. There is a theory that 6 degrees of separation will lead to anything you want it. That is 6 roads to take. If you only take 1 of those roads you limit yourself to a string of possibilities. If you take all 6 roads, then you are literally taking every possible angle that you can.
Just because he says you dont need to do, doesnt mean that it cant be done.
If I were to hide something, I would surely find as many decoys as I could to keep people from earning it. A hoax hint is a perfect decoy.

15 years for a hoax is not a legacy. Its a waste of time for someone who is smart. Smart people try to find other smart people. Not send them into a dark tunnel of despair.

But I have no problem with folks thinking its a hoax.. It just means they do not have the wits to find it.. More room for me.

It's not a HOAX. Don't how many times I have to say it. Smile

People will say and convince themselves of whatever the need to though, .....to justify looking for something, to justify hope.

FAME and ATTENTION is the only thing that has really alluded him. He got a glimpse of it with all those famous people he met over the years. But never for himself. Not even in all his exploits. Not even when he wrote all those books. They barely sold. But he got a taste of it with the "chase". He'll always be a part of it. He can't stay away. Even if it merely means just saying some nonsense once a week. He NEEDS it!! And he needs it to never end.

If it's never found, it gives him immortality and a legacy. Sure, some will always question it and whether it's a hoax or not or whether he made it solvable, .....but his reputation and integrity will still be intact. Because there's no way to disprove it. Sure, he could have made it solvable and still been a hero and saint and still have his reputation and character and perhaps more, .....but he wouldn't have immortality and a legacy. With this he has that. He himself said it was "genius". It was.

I'm not trying to hate on the old fart, believe me. It's not a terrible thing what he wants. He just wasn't completely honest about it. But how could he be? Overall, it has been a positive experience for everyone. And it gives hope and people some more purpose. And it will always give hope!! As long as it lasts!! If it's found, it's over. He never meant for it to be solved. It's meant to be searched for. But he can't just say that. ........Or has he he been telling us that all along, but we refuse to believe it?

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-17-2016, 12:35 PM,
Good luck everyone.

And goodbye.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-17-2016, 12:35 PM,
Gee Slickums,
Maybe you should try watching metal stamping in a real factory. You wouldn't need to rely on
vids.
08-17-2016, 12:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 01:08 PM by Indy.)
(08-17-2016, 12:18 PM)Project Why Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 12:07 PM)Hammertime Wrote: You have to get past the hoax to find the treasure. I am certain, that there is a hoax hint somewhere in there, once you figure out what the poem means in its entirely, that leads you to the treasure. It is just a trap to make you second guess yourself, yet is only another clue. Why not?

No reason to put that much effort into something for nothing. He wants someone to figure it out, he just doesnt know if someone can, or will. Everything else he says in tangent, is probably a hint at something that lies on the yellow brick road. Those hints are what lead you in the direction, in which you need to go, to find a treasure that was hidden by Fenn.

How many types of minds exist? He had to accommodate for each one. Thus making it nearly impossible to find. You have to not only think like Fenn, but you also have to think like everyone else too. There is a theory that 6 degrees of separation will lead to anything you want it. That is 6 roads to take. If you only take 1 of those roads you limit yourself to a string of possibilities. If you take all 6 roads, then you are literally taking every possible angle that you can.
If I were to hide something, I would surely find as many decoys as I could to keep people from earning it. A hoax hint is a perfect decoy.

15 years for a hoax is not a legacy. Its a waste of time for someone who is smart. Smart people try to find other smart people. Not send them into a dark tunnel of despair.

But I have no problem with folks thinking its a hoax.. It just means they do not have the wits to find it.. More room for me.

It's not a HOAX. Don't how many times I have to say it. Smile

FAME and ATTENTION is the only thing that has really alluded him. He got a glimpse of it with all those famous people he met over the years. But never for himself. Not even in all his exploits. Not even when he wrote all those books. They barely sold. But he got a taste of it with the "chase". He'll always be a part of it. He can't stay away. Even if it merely means just saying some nonsense once a week. He NEEDS it!! And he needs it to never end.

If it's never found, it gives him immortality and a legacy. Sure, some will always question it and whether it's a hoax or not or whether he made it solvable, .....but his reputation and integrity will still be intact. Because there's no way to disprove it. Sure, he could have made it solvable and still been a hero and saint and still have his reputation and character and perhaps more, .....but he wouldn't have immortality and a legacy. With this he has that. He himself said it was "genius". It was.

I'm not trying to hate on the old fart, believe me. It's not a terrible thing what he wants. He just wasn't completely honest about it. But how could he be? Overall, it has been a positive experience for everyone. And it gives hope and people some more purpose. And it will always give hope!! As long as it lasts!! If it's found, it's over. He never meant for it to be solved. It's meant to be searched for. But he can't just say that. ........Or has he he been telling us that all along, but we refuse to believe it?

I can only speak for my team: We are going to find it. (unless someone else finds it first. I give myself twenty years). When that happens, you will then realize that your ramblings were nothing more than sore loser syndrome. (credit to Daisymae for that).
08-17-2016, 12:58 PM,
(08-17-2016, 12:40 PM)SNL Wrote:
(08-17-2016, 12:35 PM)njfl Wrote: Gee Slickums,
Maybe you should try watching metal stamping in a real factory. You wouldn't need to rely on
vids.

Oh Nj!

I posted all of my knowledge way before someone decided to give you video proof. I didn't even know they had a vid on this!

CROW, is what's for dinner, NJ, lol

Have you ever considered my name SlickNickeL for just a moment? They don't call me that for nuttin' ya know! Lol
If that's all your knowledge then you need to go back to school.
08-17-2016, 01:33 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 02:14 PM by fundamental design.)

Great post...some might notice that I brought up the idea of a hoax hint just yesterday on Indy's First Stanza thread.

Howdy, Mister.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Casting - Is it a hoax? tomaijian 497 244,026 09-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Hint, hoax or 7%er Top Secret 93 10,195 05-08-2019, 08:50 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  My finding the treasure was all a Hoax, guys. Gordon Lightfoot 37 13,586 07-28-2017, 07:36 AM
Last Post: old drum
  The TC is wet . . . (another non-clue, folks!) Andrew Jef 15 2,776 02-26-2017, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Eldo
  Be safe in the snow folks Parzival 4 1,880 02-05-2017, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Parzival
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 13 6,899 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf