Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ordinary average guy.
09-09-2016, 12:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 12:28 PM by liv42dy.)
The ordinary average guy.
My Thrill of the Chase book is enough to lead an average person to the treasure.[/b]f[/quote]

You know...once you sift through the superficial BS, the arrogant, and the argumentative, you come up with the following concrete approaches as opposed to reading what appears to be an SNL script or a slow slow quick quick beating.

Well done, i never really put this together before, but what this statement says to me (face value) is that the thrilll of the chase book either has ALOT of subtle clues OR the few subtle clues it has are more than subtle.

...also...assuming my statement above is correct then furthur interpretation would indicate that an above average person using just the poem is likely to find the chest.

....and further brain storming with that kind of logic would indicate that we should just read the book over and over again for the confident approach to develop.

Of course there is another explanation for this statement and that was to boost sales of his book, especially if it was in the early stages of the chase when his thought process was not hard wired yet with an approach to the public.

Being an ordinary average guy myself, i plan on staying with the poem. sorry crazyfamly but good luck to you.

Liv42dy
09-09-2016, 12:53 PM,
RE: The ordinary average guy.
I feel like you're not taking the risk of being more than or extraordinary, based off a hunch of a plot to sell more books. If thinking that there is more to look at doesn't excite you, then I won't ever understand why you are in the chase at all.

09-09-2016, 01:04 PM,
Hi Liv, Maybe it isn't that the hints are more than subtle, just off the wall. He said the hints were in the aberrations at the edges. I think that most all of his thought process is an aberration to most people. For example, just two words in any statement in the book could nail down the location, but who would those two words have any meaning to?
09-09-2016, 02:02 PM,
After re-reading the book, I realized he didn't say there are hints in the book....he said "There are also subtle clues sprinkled in the stories." (my emphasis)......that isn't hints, that is clues that go with the clues in the poem.
09-09-2016, 02:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 02:15 PM by timberwolf.)
(09-09-2016, 12:21 PM)liv42dy Wrote: My Thrill of the Chase book is enough to lead an average person to the treasure. f

You know...once you sift through the superficial BS, the arrogant, and the argumentative, you come up with the following concrete approaches as opposed to reading what appears to be an SNL script or a slow slow quick quick beating.

Well done, i never really put this together before, but what this statement says to me (face value) is that the thrilll of the chase book either has ALOT of subtle clues OR the few subtle clues it has are more than subtle.

...also...assuming my statement above is correct then furthur interpretation would indicate that an above average person using just the poem is likely to find the chest.

....and further brain storming with that kind of logic would indicate that we should just read the book over and over again for the confident approach to develop.

Of course there is another explanation for this statement and that was to boost sales of his book, especially if it was in the early stages of the chase when his thought process was not hard wired yet with an approach to the public.

Being an ordinary average guy myself, i plan on staying with the poem. sorry crazyfamly but good luck to you.

Liv42dy

Fenn stated a while back, that the book could lead you to the chest because the POEM is in the book. He also said that the poem alone could also lead you to the chest but it would be more difficult. I'm sure someone here can post a link to those statements.

--TW
09-09-2016, 02:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 02:25 PM by JoeKing101.)
(09-09-2016, 02:12 PM)timberwolf Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 12:21 PM)liv42dy Wrote: My Thrill of the Chase book is enough to lead an average person to the treasure. f

Liv42dy

Fenn stated a while back, that the book could lead you to the chest because the POEM is in the book. He also said that the poem alone could also lead you to the chest but it would be more difficult. I'm sure someone here can post a link to those statements.

--TW

Q: Are there clues in the TTOTC book? “Yes, because the poem is in the book.”

“There are hints in my book that will help you with the clues, but a clue will point you toward the treasure chest and a hint will just help you with the clues, if you can understand that.” f

The book's a good tool to help figure out what the clues mean, but I dont believe it actually holds clues besides the poem
09-09-2016, 02:49 PM,
Timber and Joe, thanks for the constructive feedback concerning his prior statement with the poem being in the book. I am aware o fthe statement but obviously it did not come to mind as i reflected on the original statement. I am however going to read the book over once again, and again.

Hammertime: What? did you say something? I have neither endorsed or discarded all or any one of my objective views stated above. Just exploring the possible meaning of his statement. Brainstorming my friend nothing else but thanks for posting your ignorance, and you are right, you will never understand.

Liv42dy
09-09-2016, 02:49 PM,
(09-09-2016, 02:22 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote: Q: Are there clues in the TTOTC book? “Yes, because the poem is in the book.”

“There are hints in my book that will help you with the clues, but a clue will point you toward the treasure chest and a hint will just help you with the clues, if you can understand that.” f

The book's a good tool to help figure out what the clues mean, but I dont believe it actually holds clues besides the poem

Page 133:

"There are also other subtle clues sprinkled in the stories."
09-09-2016, 02:52 PM,
Timber and Joe, thanks for the constructive feedback concerning his prior statement with the poem being in the book. I am aware o fthe statement but obviously it did not come to mind as i reflected on the original statement. I am however going to read the book over once again, and again.

Hammertime: What? did you say something? I have neither endorsed or discarded all or any one of my objective views stated above. Just exploring the possible meaning of his statement. Brainstorming my friend nothing else but thanks for posting your ignorance, and you are right, you will never understand.

Liv42dy
09-09-2016, 03:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016, 03:11 PM by JoeKing101.)
(09-09-2016, 02:49 PM)RahRah Wrote:
(09-09-2016, 02:22 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote: Q: Are there clues in the TTOTC book? “Yes, because the poem is in the book.”

Page 133:

"There are also other subtle clues sprinkled in the stories."

I think this line goes hand and hand with the "mountains north of SF" and "Rocky Mountains north of SF". After the books release he make it clear that they're hints in the book and to know the difference between a hint and a clue. Every time he's asked if they're clues in his book he always give the same answer "“All of the information you need to find the treasure is in the poem. The chapters in my book have very subtle hints but are not deliberately placed to aid the seeker."

(09-09-2016, 02:52 PM)liv42dy Wrote: I am however going to read the book over once again, and again.

Liv42dy

I've read the book at least 5 times cover to cover looking for subtle hints within his writing and each time I find something new I missed. Even though the poem can be solved without the book, I find it the most helpful tool.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  average distance zombiecupkake 1 798 02-07-2019, 04:27 PM
Last Post: zombiecupkake
  We arent even average...dont we feel dumb? romeofoxtrot 45 21,010 09-12-2016, 02:17 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  So simple, an average man can solve it! romeofoxtrot 8 6,772 07-25-2016, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Mr Average Come on Down Ricky Nowak 20 6,526 06-17-2015, 05:55 PM
Last Post: morecowbell
  You are not of average intelligence chunks 9 5,499 07-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Last Post: Milan