Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will an analysis of distances help?
11-15-2013, 09:23 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on November 15, 2013, 8:21 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from admin on November 14, 2013, 10:26 pm</b>

I think he mentioned walking 91 miles before...so he can walk that much. I'd think it would have to be more than that.
</div>

So maybe 92 miles is too far to walk for him?

mdavis19</div>
</div>

There's too far to walk for him and there's too far for anybody to walk. He's not searching for it. The prevailing theory for the diffusion of the indians into the western hemisphere has people coming across the land bridge at the Bearing straits and then <i>walking</i> to South America.
11-15-2013, 10:08 AM,

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 15, 2013, 9:23 am</b>

I think he mentioned walking 91 miles before...so he can walk that much. I'd think it would have to be more than that.
</div>

mdavis19</div>
</div>

There's too far to walk for him and there's too far for anybody to walk. He's not searching for it. The prevailing theory for the diffusion of the indians into the western hemisphere has people coming across the land bridge at the Bearing straits and then <i>walking</i> to South America.</div>
</div>

hence the reason to far to walk. time factor.
11-15-2013, 10:24 AM,

<b>Quote from Seeker on November 15, 2013, 10:08 am</b>

hence the reason to far to walk. time factor.
</div>

what time factor?
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM,

<b>Quote from John Brown on November 15, 2013, 9:23 am</b>

</div>

mdavis19</div>
</div>

There's too far to walk for him and there's too far for anybody to walk. He's not searching for it. The prevailing theory for the diffusion of the indians into the western hemisphere has people coming across the land bridge at the Bearing straits and then <i>walking</i> to South America.</div>
</div>

Humans have walked from Africa to the tip of South America. There is no longer distance that it is possible to walk on this planet. Today it is not even possible to walk that far, without going in circles or taking a boat or plane over the water. Clearly Forrest had a shorter distance in mind. He doesn't know the abilities and motivation level of anyone who might be looking for the treasure. So I suspect he must be talking about himself when he says it is too far to walk. Of course he did that 91 mile walk as a youngster. I suspect too far to walk for a 79 year old is considerably shorter.

mdavis19
11-15-2013, 11:23 AM,
Too far but to far to walk relating to the Paleo Indian ancestors traveling from Asia to North America some 12,000 years ago, to present day North America. distance = time

Edit: If you want to give a description of a Journey to a specific place what better way than tell a story of History and let one travel through it.
11-15-2013, 12:02 PM,

<b>Quote from Jason on November 15, 2013, 11:44 am</b>
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on November 15, 2013, 11:23 am</b>

Humans have walked from Africa to the tip of South America. There is no longer distance that it is possible to walk on this planet. Today it is not even possible to walk that far, without going in circles or taking a boat or plane over the water. Clearly Forrest had a shorter distance in mind. He doesn't know the abilities and motivation level of anyone who might be looking for the treasure. So I suspect he must be talking about himself when he says it is too far to walk. Of course he did that 91 mile walk as a youngster. I suspect too far to walk for a 79 year old is considerably shorter.

mdavis19
</div>

I wonder how many miles those people got out of a pair of shoes back then since they walked everywhere?

Speaking of shoes... It is curious that Fenn mentions losing his shoes in various ordeals when he was younger. Skippy kicked him out of the car between Shoshoni and Casper without shoes (p. 56-57). Then during the buffalo roping incident, Fenn lost his shoes and had a wet and cold walk home (p. 67).

Why does he tell us that he lost his shoes?</div>
</div>

I noticed that too when I read TTOTC. I didn't think too much of it though. I spent a lot of my youth shoeless too. I grew up in the south. It was rarely too cold to go shoeless. I only put them on when I had to, usually under orders from a parent.

mdavis19
11-15-2013, 12:46 PM,
I don't know what procedure Fenn had done on his inferior vena cava but I'm guessing "too far to walk" for Fenn is way less than "too far to walk" for many others his age. I am guessing that the hateful, chewing malignancy that was imbedded in his inferior vena cava required intervention. I don't know what procedure he had performed.

One of my best friends had a procedure done on his. My friend basically didn't ever walk anywhere. He could walk and he didn't use crutches or a wheel chair or anything like that, but he always arranged to minimize the distance he had to walk. About 18 years ago I tried to convince him to run the Chama with me. I was planning to put in below the home of Brown and take it in the canyon down. My friend wouldn't do it. He was worried we'd lose the boat and he'd be forced to walk. He didn't want to be in the wilderness. The farthest I can ever recall him walking was about 1/4 mile in downtown Santa Fe.
11-16-2013, 08:00 AM,
Some mornings, going from the bed to the toilet is too far to walk.
11-17-2013, 04:15 PM,
Hi Mal, Mr. Fenn said in Taos that he did not think that the searchers really knew the first two clues, None of these people told Mr. Fenn, the clues in there emails, only where they were searching. Mr. Fenn seemed un-believing, that anyone could get the first two clues and walk past the chest.
11-17-2013, 06:05 PM,
HEY ,Desertphile how you and hat doing?
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Distances prehistoric 9 4,412 05-20-2017, 12:03 AM
Last Post: RahRah
  A One Year Timeline Analysis of Forrests Posts Iron Will 43 14,123 04-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Last Post: deb
  Poem analysis BrazenBull 11 4,395 01-17-2015, 08:51 AM
Last Post: Iron Will