Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Red Willow Thread....Missing?
10-07-2016, 09:26 PM,
What happened to the thread about the red willows? Is seems to have disappeared......

Dark necessities are part of my design.
10-07-2016, 09:32 PM,
(10-07-2016, 09:26 PM)Bytor Wrote: What happened to the thread about the red willows? Is seems to have disappeared......

Not sure but sad it is allowed, probably means it was of value to searchers. Admin has weighed in, allowed here.

I was alerted early on, screen capture anything you think will be of value to your search immediately (for me sometimes within a minute of posting).
10-08-2016, 11:08 AM,
RE: Red Willow Thread....Missing?
ooops there goes another

Boy it gets old
10-08-2016, 11:45 AM,
You guys can screen shot any information you think is important.One of the main things I like about this site over the others, is you can delete your own materials, and that's the way it should be.
10-08-2016, 12:14 PM,
Seeker9 - believe it or not, I do agree with you, but it also is frustrating sometimes to see happen as often as it does.
10-08-2016, 12:19 PM,
You can also do an advance Google search with the site name and key term "red willow", Google typically has it cached for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-08-2016, 12:19 PM,
You can also do an advance Google search with the site name and key term "red willow", Google typically has it cached for a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
10-08-2016, 02:22 PM,
My opinion...Someone starts a thread. Other people join the conversation, adding posts and thoughts. Something "materializes" from the ideas generated. Thinking that there is NOW something important about the thread, it gets deleted.

What about all the other people who contributed to that thread? At this point in time, doesn't the thread now belong to the group?!? Why does one person have the right to delete a thread?

And what about at the beginning? If the person who originated the post thought "red willow" (or any other topic for that matter) was so important, then why post it at all? That person was looking for ideas, confirmation, etc. And they got it.

Look....if you think you are on to something, don't post it if you don't want to share. Admin should not allow people to take back posts once other people have contributed to the discussion.

10-08-2016, 03:24 PM,
(10-08-2016, 02:22 PM)Bytor Wrote: My opinion...Someone starts a thread. Other people join the conversation, adding posts and thoughts. Something "materializes" from the ideas generated. Thinking that there is NOW something important about the thread, it gets deleted.

What about all the other people who contributed to that thread? At this point in time, doesn't the thread now belong to the group?!? Why does one person have the right to delete a thread?

And what about at the beginning? If the person who originated the post thought "red willow" (or any other topic for that matter) was so important, then why post it at all? That person was looking for ideas, confirmation, etc. And they got it.

Look....if you think you are on to something, don't post it if you don't want to share. Admin should not allow people to take back posts once other people have contributed to the discussion.

Perhaps it was just taking up space, but if you must know what was in the thread I will give it to you from memory.
1. It was noted that red willow does not grow in the RM above 5000' ft
2. Someone posted there were to types similar that do, dont remember their names but with a little research shouldn't be hard to find.
3. IG said don't forget about the weeping willow.

That was it in a nut shell, if you want more why not start your own Red Willow thread?

If you think Red Willow is the key to the Treasure you are most likely mistaken but anything is possible.
10-08-2016, 05:48 PM,
So the reason the thread was removed was that ,"it was taking up space"! Really? I'm not convinced. That is a really lame excuse. So I can go to the admin for a thread that I started, and ask that it be removed because it was "taking up space"? And what is even more unbelievable is that admin would agree to do so!

Honestly, I don't care about the red willows. I just find it suspicious that a thread was removed.

Also, I don't agree with the practice of removing threads after other people have posted comments or information on that same thread. What gives someone the right to delete GROUP ideas? The rights of the group should come before the whims of a single individual.

Did admin ask permission from others who made posts in that thread if they minded if their posts would be deleted just because they were taking up space?

Think about this people! Why do you let this happen????

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest's Missing Book? Beavertooth 2 1,027 02-19-2018, 02:55 PM
Last Post: knighterrant
  My tooth brush is missing geydelkon 12 2,583 01-05-2018, 02:11 AM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Willow tree in Forrest's backyard? N. Means 33 11,210 09-01-2017, 09:41 AM
Last Post: old drum
Thumbs Down Treasure hunter missing LostFound 291 206,407 05-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  Am I missing something? Foundthechase 61 28,901 08-06-2016, 09:35 PM