Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reality Show Casting
11-20-2013, 01:37 PM,
Reality Show Casting

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Thrillofthechasecasting on November 20, 2013, 11:29 am</b>

Hi Everyone,

I can assure you, I have not nor will I ever, work for the IRS.

</div>

Good bloody *<b>GODS!*</b> that's hilarious! When I read that. I fell off my chair and coughed up a lung from laughing so hard. And my doctor called <i>*ME*</i> a raving paranoid!

I prefer offices where flipflops are acceptable.

</div>

I prefer offices where... oh, wait, I hate offices....

In response to some of the questions - We have the show concept nailed down and have preliminary interest from networks, but in order to sell this concept, we need to show that there are great personalities out there searching for the treasure. So, we are not network funded at this point, but will be once we finalize casting. I'm not aware of any other project that Forrest has directly approved of, but either way, I can't speak to the progress of other teams. As with any interesting story, there are many folks trying to tell it. We just have to be sure we tell it best! Our aim is to create an exciting, documentary-style project that tells both the story of the treasure and the stories of those who look for it. Others may take the easy route and just try to find a bunch of people fighting or being otherwise "reality-television" in style, and that's not our goal. You can tell by the work on our site that we focus heavily on the story.

Thanks to all those who have sent me emails, I appreciate it! Everyone else, please send your story as well!
</div>

That sounds fair enough, and thank you for replying, and so quickly. Since nobody understands how television happens, including the people who make television happen (damn their cold, dark, fifteen-second-soundbite hearts), my assumption regarding "who wins" may be wrong--- it seems to me that the first production with product "in the can" and delivered to a network is the winner, and all similar projects from other production companies who pitched the project to other networks are royally, er, ah, fornicated. The best doesn't get aired: the first does.

Meanwhile, I know someone who may be interested. His name is Larry, and he is known as "Mobiltec." I'll send your note to him.
11-20-2013, 01:58 PM,
Reality Show Casting

<b>Quote from admin on November 20, 2013, 12:18 pm</b>

I would watch also. I think you're totally right that they would edit people into who they want them to be. That's one reason I'd never do it. Can you imagine? I'd be the crazy obsessed one. I'd rather just be that around all you guys ;-) When you all roll your eyes that I'm posting too much and my ideas are crazy...I don't even have a clue about that...so it's ok *smile*. I feel bad for the people they find ways to make fun...

</div>

But then, I for one very much love the idea of a Reality TV show where the person who finds the hidden treasure is filmed doing so. <b>I would then known whose children to kidnap and ransom!</b>

I know one person though who is probably looking for that factor as a positive.
</div>

She or he must be nuts.
11-20-2013, 02:43 PM,
Reality Show Casting
Quote from Thrillofthechasecasting on November 20, 2013, 11:29 am

Hi Everyone,

I can assure you, I have not nor will I ever, work for the IRS.

Good bloody *GODS!* that's hilarious! When I read that. I fell off my chair and coughed up a lung from laughing so hard. And my doctor called *ME* a raving paranoid!

Just Gotta luv it.!!!!
11-21-2013, 08:23 AM,
Reality Show Casting

<b>Quote from admin on November 21, 2013, 1:38 am</b>

I love the Gold Rush show also, but it's not as exciting as the first season where he said "we're all millionaires, we just need to get it" or something like that. I really like Parker and his grandfather's story, but that wasn't so much about the gold really. I liked seeing him be so responsible at such a young age. I'm just bored with then not finding the jackpot.
</div>

Watching Todd Hoffmann screw up every week does get old after a while. I think that is why they brought in Parker and the Dakota Boys. There had to be somebody on the program actually getting some gold. How will they handle continual failure every week on a treasure hunt show? How long will people be willing to watch a show where they never find it?

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Casting - Is it a hoax? tomaijian 497 244,197 09-03-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Casting Call! Forrest Fenn feature documentary rwaite 3 2,752 10-13-2015, 11:24 PM
Last Post: Xavier
  Reality Show Casting casting@thethrillofthechase.tv 80 22,523 08-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Last Post: Phantom