Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blaze marks the chest location?
11-18-2016, 12:30 PM,
May 13, 2016
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...asurement/

Mr. Fenn: How far is the chest located from the blaze? ~ casey

Casey, I did not take the measurement, but logic tells me that if you don’t know where the blaze is it really doesn’t matter. If you can find the blaze though, the answer to your question will be obvious. Does that help? f

The way I am interpreting this statement is the blaze does in fact mark the chest location. If the distance from the chest to the blaze is obvious then you find the blaze you have found the chest.

I am reading a lot of solutions where searchers think they have found the blaze but not the chest so that tells me they have not found the correct blaze.
11-18-2016, 01:10 PM,
RE: The Blaze marks the chest location?
The chest was made from a blaze. Foundry. Found the Blaze.
Forge.
Its not who you are, it who they think you are.

Fake paintings have forged signatures. Things are fake, and you believe them to be real, because you trust what has been said. Its the most profitable thing since the beginning of mankind.

11-18-2016, 01:12 PM,
Completely agree with you. You hear all the time searchers say they have found the blaze but still need to locate the treasure. If you have the blaze you have the chest.
11-18-2016, 01:32 PM,
(11-18-2016, 12:30 PM)mdc777 Wrote: ...If the distance from the chest to the blaze is obvious then you find the blaze you have found the chest...I am reading a lot of solutions where searchers think they have found the blaze but not the chest so that tells me they have not found the correct blaze.

Wrong. It simply means that Fenn didn't take a measurement from the blaze to the chest because you don't need it. However, the distance from other points on the precise blueprint (i.e. treasure map that you need to build once you arrive) are needed to locate the precise spot of the chest.

Good luck!

Milan
11-18-2016, 02:31 PM,
I'm leaving this one alone Smile
11-18-2016, 03:30 PM,
@ Hammertime, Wow! I really like the idea of the chest being foundry work.
11-18-2016, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016, 03:55 PM by The Wolf.)
Here is one for y'all. As you can see I have adopted the contrarian approach to treasure hunting based on some discoveries over the past 4 years. Simply stated, if we all think alike we have to be wrong because currently are. Think about that gem for a minute.

So the architect of a masterpiece puzzle, surely is not going to put out something everyone feels is popular, no way - boring! Instant vote off the island for any attempt to do so.

So I know this is not totally new, but it certainly isn't what the masses gravitate to especially the newbies. As I have stated before I theorize the hunt was set up so that everyone fails at first and then we learn.

With that in mind, FF has said, [i]“I mean, there’s people driving down the street looking for a blaze, because that’s one of the clues, but you can’t start in the MIDDLE of the poem and find the treasure, I don’t think, I mean, it would be a miracle if someone did.” [\i]

So what if the blaze is only clue 4 or 5 (middle of the poem)? How does that change your thinking? It certainly changes mine a lot... Think about it, are the last two stanzas all filler? Blaze is in the middle of the poem...

(11-18-2016, 01:10 PM)Hammertime Wrote: The chest was made from a blaze. Foundry. Found the Blaze.
Forge.
Its not who you are, it who they think you are.

Fake paintings have forged signatures. Things are fake, and you believe them to be real, because you trust what has been said. Its the most profitable thing since the beginning of mankind.

Now there is a guy who is getting it.
11-18-2016, 04:07 PM,
(11-18-2016, 03:49 PM)The Wolf Wrote: Here is one for y'all. As you can see I have adopted the contrarian approach to treasure hunting based on some discoveries over the past 4 years. Simply stated, if we all think alike we have to be wrong because currently are. Think about that gem for a minute.

So the architect of a masterpiece puzzle, surely is not going to put out something everyone feels is popular, no way - boring! Instant vote off the island for any attempt to do so.

So I know this is not totally new, but it certainly isn't what the masses gravitate to especially the newbies. As I have stated before I theorize the hunt was set up so that everyone fails at first and then we learn.

With that in mind, FF has said, [i]“I mean, there’s people driving down the street looking for a blaze, because that’s one of the clues, but you can’t start in the MIDDLE of the poem and find the treasure, I don’t think, I mean, it would be a miracle if someone did.” [\i]

So what if the blaze is only clue 4 or 5 (middle of the poem)? How does that change your thinking? It certainly changes mine a lot... Think about it, are the last two stanzas all filler? Blaze is in the middle of the poem...

Wolf, very interesting! And this does have me thinking but my question to you is; who's to say that the middle of the poem equal middle of the clues. Couldn't the middle of the poem actually be clue 8/9 therefore making Fenns state still true? He never said the blaze was the middle of the clues but middle of the poem.
11-18-2016, 04:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2016, 06:34 PM by The Wolf.)
(11-18-2016, 04:07 PM)JoeKing101 Wrote:
(11-18-2016, 03:49 PM)The Wolf Wrote: Here is one for y'all. As you can see I have adopted the contrarian approach to treasure hunting based on some discoveries over the past 4 years. Simply stated, if we all think alike we have to be wrong because currently are. Think about that gem for a minute.

Wolf, very interesting! And this does have me thinking but my question to you is; who's to say that the middle of the poem equal middle of the clues. Couldn't the middle of the poem actually be clue 8/9 therefore making Fenns state still true? He never said the blaze was the middle of the clues but middle of the poem.

Well you can make it anything you want as long as you can back it up. As far as my suggestion that middle of poem equals middle clues, I came up with that based on FF's words.
11-18-2016, 07:04 PM,
The blaze is definitely only the middle of the clues. It's a lot of work after you find it - trust me.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  X marks the spot Riddlemethat 2 474 05-04-2019, 10:02 AM
Last Post: Gpa
  If the chest were found, would you want to know the location, the solve or both? inohury 19 4,462 08-03-2018, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jurassic
  Forrest Tells You The Chest's Location Shark 0 1,051 11-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Shark
  Zip code post marks on the picture ot the treasure chest in the book of the TTOTC. mike marcum 0 1,283 11-08-2017, 04:21 PM
Last Post: mike marcum
  X marks the spot. mikemike 4 1,545 06-28-2017, 04:23 PM
Last Post: whatiff
  Do you think "X" marks the spot? ithinkudo2 15 8,565 10-14-2016, 01:56 PM
Last Post: Mindy