Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Delusional A Team
12-05-2016, 10:50 AM,
RE: The Delusional A Team
The Wolf, Gordon, IKMS, Mindy, Indigo Blue, Milan, et al. the more the merrier the more convincing the better.
12-05-2016, 11:10 AM,
(12-05-2016, 10:50 AM)colokidd Wrote: The Wolf, Gordon, IKMS, Mindy, Indigo Blue, Milan, et al. the more the merrier the more convincing the better.
Look Colorkid, who we trying to kid here? Just ask your friends, relatives and neighbours about how sane we are chasing a treasure with no proof - hey, tell everyone you are a Fenn treasure hunter and you will be labeled delusional. They all know better than us - for we are all the delusional ones.

I am just proud to be named to the A-team, its the B-team I want no part of! lol
12-05-2016, 12:10 PM,
(12-05-2016, 11:10 AM)The Wolf Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 10:50 AM)colokidd Wrote: The Wolf, Gordon, IKMS, Mindy, Indigo Blue, Milan, et al. the more the merrier the more convincing the better.
Look Colorkid, who we trying to kid here? Just ask your friends, relatives and neighbours about how sane we are chasing a treasure with no proof - hey, tell everyone you are a Fenn treasure hunter and you will be labeled delusional. They all know better than us - for we are all the delusional ones.

I am just proud to be named to the A-team, its the B-team I want no part of! lol

The "we are all delusional" spiel is very convincing. Thank you!
12-05-2016, 02:04 PM,
(12-05-2016, 09:36 AM)old drum Wrote: Big Jim, you are warned.

Am I now? And just what am I being warned about? Which written forum rules am I in violation of in your opinion? How in your opinion is my response any different from Wolf's, who did not receive any warning? I require a specific and detailed answer. Vague arm-waving or silence will not cut it. You have one day to give me a specific answer or I will kick this issue upstairs to the forum owner.

Thank you.
12-05-2016, 02:25 PM,
(12-05-2016, 06:09 AM)Milan Wrote: Hey @abex, do you believe that the searcher Fenn mentioned years ago who was within 200 feet, the one who according to Fenn is within "striking distance", the one who was possibly accompanied by a woman, do you think this person was also delusional?

I'm being serious. Forget my claim for a second. That person Fenn mentioned obviously had an excellent reason for being in the exact 200 foot section of the Rockies. That person probably used the poem and hints to get there. By default, is that person delusional even if he/she finds many remarkable things on-site and therefore believes they were the ones?

What I'm asking is this. No matter how good a person's solve is, no matter what a person finds on location, is this person simply delusional until they have the chest in their lap? If so, then the person Fenn mentions is also delusional, yes? In other words, by default, the searcher who gets the closest to the chest is delusional until they provide photos of the chest, correct?
"A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary."

1) Evidence to the contrary is your empty-handed claim of knowledge about the chest. We simply don't believe you have that knowledge. You are in the realm of the Bigfoot believers. Those people are very tiresome also.

2) Those 200-foot searchers never knew they were close because Forrest did not confirm anything with them. He doesn't do that, and for you to assume you are the 'special' searcher is just more evidence for your delusion.

3) 'is this person simply delusional until they have the chest in their lap?'
answer: Yes.

4) 'By default, is that person delusional even if he/she finds many remarkable things on-site and therefore believes they were the ones?'
answer: Yes, because many sites can possess similar characteristics that seem to verify the poem. Many, many, many sites. You never seem to take this into consideration.
12-05-2016, 02:27 PM,
The Delusional A Team
(12-05-2016, 02:04 PM)Big Jim Wrote:
(12-05-2016, 09:36 AM)old drum Wrote: Big Jim, you are warned.

Am I now? And just what am I being warned about? Which written forum rules am I in violation of in your opinion? How in your opinion is my response any different from Wolf's, who did not receive any warning? I require a specific and detailed answer. Vague arm-waving or silence will not cut it. You have one day to give me a specific answer or I will kick this issue upstairs to the forum owner.

Thank you.

I was wondering the same thing. Not sure the difference, but OD clarifies typically so hopefully he will on this one.

Kpro
12-05-2016, 02:39 PM,
(12-05-2016, 07:28 AM)Gordon Lightfoot Wrote: What's your point? There isn't any. I know where the chest is, and next summer I'm going to retrieve it, me with my 4 canisters of oxygen, and one can of Bear spray. It shouldn't take me anymore than 3 hours tops to do everything that I have to do. Then, I'm out... No use in hanging around. I'll take the gold and gems, and leave the chest and bracelet for the next searcher. God willing. But, you never know, anything can happen from now til then. Life's a crapshoot.

'A delusion is a belief that is held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary.'

GL, your wildly imaginative reply simply verifies this definition. The evidence to the contrary is obvious.

GL's pm to me:
Gordon Lightfoot Wrote:You have some nerve talking to me the way that you do!

Gordon, I am a rational, science-based observer and I have just enough nerve to tell you what I think of your claims.
Your claims are unsupported and delusional.
Your crapshoot is over. Go home.

(12-05-2016, 07:37 AM)Milan Wrote: @admin, please delete my account.

The least you can do in compensation for all the delusional bragging is leave us with your solve. Then we can finally decide for ourselves whether you were on the right track or just tragically focused on the wrong location.
It's what a brave searcher would do. Decall gave us his solution after admitting defeat and he was the king of delusion.
12-05-2016, 03:01 PM,
(12-05-2016, 02:04 PM)Big Jim Wrote: You have one day to give me a specific answer or I will kick this issue upstairs to the forum owner.

LMAO. Got a belly laugh out of this one. Have you made any constructive posts? Ever? Even including some prior version of yourself on this forum, if you are, in fact, not a newbie? You certainly talk like you have been around a long time. In any event, kick away, so we can all enjoy the show. Someone pass the popcorn, please.

Smile
12-05-2016, 04:10 PM,
My charter, as I understand it, is to use my judgment to keep Chasechat halfway civil.
12-05-2016, 04:36 PM,
(12-05-2016, 04:10 PM)old drum Wrote: My charter, as I understand it, is to use my judgment to keep Chasechat halfway civil.

That's awesome!!! We salute you, sir.

Pays to be a winner.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ideas for the Search & Rescue team DaisyMae 1,105 885,021 03-12-2016, 11:42 PM
Last Post: HollyfromMN