Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clues by Number
12-08-2016, 12:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 12:54 AM by ThrillChaser.)
Clues by Number
[I will use this thread to occasionally post a number and how it may manifest as a hint or clue. My goal is not to be exhaustive, but just to suggest some interesting relationships. Please feel free to add your thoughts, particularly if you think I got something wrong, or missed something important.]

22. Twenty-two.

The number 22 is called the master builder in numerology. There are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet. There are 22 cards in the Tarot major arcane.

"Twenty-two turquoise disc beads set side-by-side in a row" (TTOTC: Gold and More). My, that's a very specific-sounding description of a bracelet, isn't it. Kinda makes you wonder which parts of that sentence are hints or clues. Or maybe, which parts aren't. But I'll stick to the numbers.

Sports players who wore #22:

Emmett Smith
Jim Palmer
Doug Flutie
Roger Clemens

Literature/Entertainment:

Catch-22 - the title of a book and movie.
Casablanca – A young gambler at Casablanca with a sob story that touches Rick is allowed to win three times in a row by playing number 22 on the roulette table.
Moby Dick - while published in 1922, I could find no mention of the number 22 in the text. Therefore it's probably safe to read this for pleasure only and not worry too much about looking for clues.

Military:

F-22 Raptor aka "Stealth Fighter"
V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft (An osprey is also a raptor, incidentally)
CVL-22 aka USS Independence, a WWII-era converted aircraft carrier

Other:

.22 caliber weapons
A pair of 2s in poker is sometimes called a "pair of ducks."

Combinations:

An osprey is also known as a "sea hawk." #22 Dave Brown, CB, 1976 - 86, was inducted into the Seattle Seahawks Ring of Honor in 1992. I don't know where Dave currently lives but I do not recommend searching on his property without permission.
12-08-2016, 01:23 AM,
RE: Clues by Number
wouldn't it be cool if there was something or someone that you really liked, and it turned out to be a clue in the poem?

like for example, i love me some Irene Cara. she has an amazing voice

and i love singing and dancing along to that flashdance video with jennifer beals

so its prolly a clue in the poem then, right?
12-08-2016, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 05:22 AM by Umbra.)
(12-08-2016, 01:23 AM)Chris Yates Wrote: "i love singing and dancing along to that flashdance video with jennifer beals"

https://youtu.be/BV5k4z8bfQY

I'm not much for numbers in the poem, but it could lead to something. You never know... How would you even go about finding them without random selection? I get the part about the bracelet, but how does it link to the poem, or does it?
12-08-2016, 05:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 05:39 AM by ThrillChaser.)
chris have you seen this blaze

https://postimg.org/image/dsogkmr1p/

(12-08-2016, 05:16 AM)Umbra Wrote: I'm not much for numbers in the poem, but it could lead to something. You never know... How would you even go about finding them without random selection? I get the part about the bracelet, but how does it link to the poem, or does it?

Some people see 10 in "lis TEN good" or 242 in "two four two walk," for example. But I'll leave the hows to the big brains. I'm just suggesting some whats that may stimulate other ideas for people.
12-08-2016, 06:03 AM,
(12-08-2016, 05:32 AM)ThrillChaser Wrote:
(12-08-2016, 05:16 AM)Umbra Wrote: I'm not much for numbers in the poem, but it could lead to something. You never know... How would you even go about finding them without random selection? I get the part about the bracelet, but how does it link to the poem, or does it?

Some people see 10 in "lis TEN good" or 242 in "two four two walk," for example. But I'll leave the hows to the big brains. I'm just suggesting some whats that may stimulate other ideas for people.

Ah, gotcha! Thank you for explaining, Thrill. Smile

Hey Chris, if Val Kilmer played the TC I'd go see the movie.
12-08-2016, 11:58 AM,
Cavalry led by George Armstrong Custer, round 1866, lost 22 men at Battle of Washita. The cavalry killed over 150 Native Americans, mostly women and children.
12-08-2016, 01:40 PM,
ThrillChaser...I enjoyed the read on the #22.

Somehow, I envisioned the duality of birth, such as Forrest's day (8/22/30) and death (11/22/63...JFK). Perhaps, it's just me..."The Quick and the Dead" concept, the 1995 movie western or from "Hamlet" are all in my head. A circle or even a cycle of life...occurring on the same day (#22).

That's better than thinking the "tutu"...smile
12-08-2016, 02:58 PM,
(12-08-2016, 05:32 AM)ThrillChaser Wrote: Some people see 10 in "lis TEN good" or 242 in "two four two walk," for example. But I'll leave the hows to the big brains. I'm just suggesting some whats that may stimulate other ideas for people.

Route 10 may be important. Hard to find, however. Smile
12-08-2016, 05:57 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-08-2016, 05:59 PM by DeeepThnkr.)
(12-08-2016, 05:32 AM)ThrillChaser Wrote: chris have you seen this blaze

Not some people, me.

(12-08-2016, 05:32 AM)ThrillChaser Wrote: chris have you seen this blaze

And another of my finds is List N good.
12-11-2016, 07:38 PM,
23. Twenty-three.

"Row 4 block 23" (TTOTC: Epilogue)

Trying to summarize the meanings, implications or manifestations of the number 23 has overwhelmed me, so I'm going to steal from someone else:

23 - The greatest number of all time.

Reasons why: It is...

1. a prime number, as are 2 and 3.
2. Michael Jordan's number.
3. the NBA record for most consecutive points scored by a single player in a game, done by none other than Michael Jordan.
4. the number of chromosomes in a human sperm or egg.
5. the angle between the earth's magnetic and rotational axis.
6. the Tropic of Cancer at 23 degrees N Latitude.
7. the Tropic of Capricorn at 23 degrees S Latitude.
8. a .com and the page is very cryptic.
9. the most quoted Psalm in the bible ("The Lord is my shepherd..."
10. the number of people executed in "A Tale of Two Cities"
11. the smallest number of people for which there is at least a 50% chance that two will share the same birthday.
12. the standard TCP/IP port for Telnet.
13. one of the "Lost" numbers on the television show....also the sum of two of the other numbers (8 & 15)and the solution to 42-15-4=23, all of which are also Lost numbers.
14. the number of times Caesar was stabbed in Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.
15. has been prominently featured in the following: Serendipity, Futurama, Star Wars A New Hope, Monty Python The Life of Brian, Seinfeld, The Big Lebowski, The Matrix Reloaded, and Die Hard III among MANY MANY other movies.
16. the number of flavors Dr. Pepper claims to be a blend of.
17. the number of distinct orientations of Tetris pieces.
18. the sum of U2, the greatest band ever. U is the 21st letter of the alphabet.
19. the number of letters in the latin alphabet.
20. the number of the Illuminati.
21. the letter W in the english alphabet, a letter with 2 points down and 3 points up.
22. the smallest number of integer sided boxes that tile a box such that no two boxes share a common length.
23. the only US president to serve between nonconsecutive terms of another president (23rd president Benjamin Harrison serving between Grover Cleveland's terms).

That last one about Grover Cleveland caught my eye. President Cleveland was the 22nd and 24th president, so 23 would be "in the middle."

Biographer Allan Nevins wrote: "in Grover Cleveland the greatness lies in typical rather than unusual qualities. He had no endowments that thousands of men do not have. He possessed honesty, courage, firmness, independence, and common sense. But he possessed them to a degree other men do not

Others have written about the Baby Ruth candy bar being named after President Cleveland's daughter. And of course he's on the $1000 note in Scrapbook 129.

Many may not know that his first name is actually Stephen, but apparently he never used it professionally. Or that prior to being President he was a Sheriff, of Erie County, NY. Or that he was the leader of the "Bourbon Democrats." Or that he was a 7th cousin to Sir Winston Churchill.

But how does any of that help us crack the Grover Cleveland clue? I wish he had a nickname, like "Oil Can" Boyd, a MLB player who wore #23, or "The Dude" in The Big Lebowski, a movie mentioned in reason 15, above. In absence of that, the solution to this clue may very well remain an enigma.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Number Relationships fabjr71 11 2,164 07-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  the number John Brown 21 6,145 08-22-2018, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Mongo
  Number Associations Mindy 0 933 04-19-2018, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  The number of the Beast filmguy 32 9,589 12-14-2017, 04:50 PM
Last Post: wishiIwasRich
  Can Anyone Translate This into a Number? Iron Will 14 6,930 10-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Copper
  The magic number 17 or 71... glock20 0 1,599 05-13-2016, 05:42 PM
Last Post: glock20